You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Let's get off the subject of mums, I mean... I just got off yours.

Negged* for making a joke about my mum. Thoroughly unacceptable.

*of course not.

I would like to start losing weight by eating healthier. I would like to lose some in time for my hols, but maintain the regime beyond. I can't be arsed educating myself on carbs, proteins and stuff - I need something more simple. So I was going to use the weightwatcher's program.

This question is going to appear facetious...

Can I use my 35 extra weekly points for binge drinking and still lose weight?

I would like to start losing weight by eating healthier. I would like to lose some in time for my hols, but maintain the regime beyond. I can't be arsed educating myself on carbs, proteins and stuff - I need something more simple. So I was going to use the weightwatcher's program.

This question is going to appear facetious...

Can I use my 35 extra weekly points for binge drinking and still lose weight?

no, something to do with the sugar content, you'll still lose but not as much.

Seriously lads just start shagging the fat club leader. Worked a treat for my ex husband.

I am not going to the sessions. I just intend to plagiarise their system from t'interweb somewhere.

It seems to me that evolution hasn't cottoned onto the fact that we don't have to chase woolly mammoths anymore. I think I might just carry on with my curry and red wine and hope that evolution catches up soon.

Right so I am sick of being 18 stone. I am 6ft 4 so I dont look stupidly fat but you can tell I am a big boy.

So far this week I am eating toast for breakfast (didnt normally have any breakfast)

Having an apple and bannana with two sandwhiches and a cereal bar for lunch

Dinner having salad/veg with grilled chicken breast ect and a jacket

I have been drinking about 3-4l of water a day too.

I am biking to and from work and I hope to lose 4 stone by next summer when we are getting married.

Any one else give us ant tips or stuff they have done?

dont know whether to laugh or sympathise, as you might have a real reason to call me a cunt this time, but i thought id help you out.

Im 5'9" and just tip the scales at 17 and a half, but its all muscle (9% bodyfat) average bodyfat is around 15% for males,

Read "Burn the fat, Feed the muscle" Tom Venuto. it will open your eyes and show you most of the diets on the box are shite. It really helped me I was always well built but put on a fair bit of weight after the first kid ballooned to 18.5 then dropped to 15 and started to build muscle with weights once the fat had gone.

its shows you that you need to eat less but eat more regularly ie 6-7 meals a day instead of 2 large ones.

anyway if you want a copy pm me your email.

I'm a bloke therefore I've no idea what I weigh. I'm not fat, and I'm not skinny. I play a bit of footie, take the stairs instead of the escalator and park at the wrong end of the car-park. I get to eat what the fuck I like, except when the missus is on a diet.

I went to a gym once. It was full of insecure gayers, and mirrors. I'd rather be fat.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, big news day here!

I've officially lost a stone since January 1st. That's an average of 2lb a week, although that is merely an average, as I'd lost about 9 lbs a couple of weeks ago. The first bit is usually fluid weight, which gives a false reading at first, but that still serves to provide great encouragement.

Apart from the measurable weight, the more important thing is that clothes are now far more comfortable, especially trousers. I've been wearing 34" jeans rather than the usual 36". That's a better measure of progress, I think.

Onward and downward!

Good Lad

I think a weigh in will be needed myself although we did have an indian on valentines and a big slice of cake on my daughters birthday party the other day,

so not expecting great results but I am having at least 5 a day if not 6 or 7 and have only had 2 pints in over a month so still expecting to have lost some more.

OK' date=' big news day here!

I've officially lost a stone since January 1st. That's an average of 2lb a week, although that is merely an average, as I'd lost about 9 lbs a couple of weeks ago. [b']The first bit is usually fluid weight,[/b] which gives a false reading at first, but that still serves to provide great encouragement.

Apart from the measurable weight, the more important thing is that clothes are now far more comfortable, especially trousers. I've been wearing 34" jeans rather than the usual 36". That's a better measure of progress, I think.

Onward and downward!

Fluid weight? What's this now? Every time I think I'm clued up on this healthy stuff someone goes and throws a cryptismo in somewhere.

I was 12st 11lbs three weeks ago, 12st 5lbs two weeks ago and 12st 4lb last week so because I haven't continued to plummet I feel I've lost the momentum I had and am starting to feel that 'give up' urge.

dont know whether to laugh or sympathise, as you might have a real reason to call me a cunt this time, but i thought id help you out.

Im 5'9" and just tip the scales at 17 and a half, but its all muscle (9% bodyfat) average bodyfat is around 15% for males,

Read "Burn the fat, Feed the muscle" Tom Venuto. it will open your eyes and show you most of the diets on the box are shite. It really helped me I was always well built but put on a fair bit of weight after the first kid ballooned to 18.5 then dropped to 15 and started to build muscle with weights once the fat had gone.

its shows you that you need to eat less but eat more regularly ie 6-7 meals a day instead of 2 large ones.

anyway if you want a copy pm me your email.

Please don't take offence mate, but you must look like a bit of a freak. I assume you are a major body builder?

For a quick and simple explanation, I decided to do a check and let it be explained properly rather than trying to waffle.

Mmmmmm, waffles!

Losing water weight or fluid loss on diet

Going from 12-11 to 12-5 was the water weight loss. It stops after the initial great surge, and makes us think we're not making progress. But as I mentioned above, it's a false figure. Changing your eating patterns and losing a pound a week, until you reach your target weight, is far more achievable and realistic to maintain in the long run. Don't be discouraged, things are going exactly as they are meant to.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe what's happening here. I've been doing a lot of walking, usually 3-5 miles at any time, and the pounds are walking off. Another half stone gone in the three weeks since I posted about the stone mark, above.

So, a stone and a half well before target. I'm still eating the same amount of food, maybe a little less, but it's spread more evenly over the day. I'm also eating a whole lot less heavily processed foods, and more fruit and nuts.

Unfortunately, I still qualify as a fat twat, so still plenty more work to do. But the 34" jeans I now wear can now be pushed down without undoing the buttons.

When I first started the walking, I found it was difficult to keep a consistent pace, and wasn't getting much benefit. Plus the cramps in my calves were enough to make me think about stopping a few days. Keeping well hydrated and stretching before walking cured those. At all times I have headphones on while listening to the radio on my phone. Listening to music keeps the pace up, but especially songs around the 120bpm rate. But even when the songs are not at this rate, I've developed enough of a pattern to be able to maintain a good pace, and along with the weight loss meaning less to carry, I'm now doing a mile in 16 minutes rather than 18 when I started.

I'm going to put together a playlist of suitable bpm songs when I've got enough. Hopefully they may help others if they wish to follow this advice.

Can't believe what's happening here. I've been doing a lot of walking' date=' usually 3-5 miles at any time, and the pounds are walking off. Another half stone gone in the three weeks since I posted about the stone mark, above.

So, a stone and a half well before target. I'm still eating the same amount of food, maybe a little less, but it's spread more evenly over the day. I'm also eating a whole lot less heavily processed foods, and more fruit and nuts.

Unfortunately, I still qualify as a fat twat, so still plenty more work to do. But the 34" jeans I now wear can now be pushed down without undoing the buttons.

When I first started the walking, I found it was difficult to keep a consistent pace, and wasn't getting much benefit. Plus the cramps in my calves were enough to make me think about stopping a few days. Keeping well hydrated and stretching before walking cured those. At all times I have headphones on while listening to the radio on my phone. Listening to music keeps the pace up, but especially songs around the 120bpm rate. But even when the songs are not at this rate, I've developed enough of a pattern to be able to maintain a good pace, and along with the weight loss meaning less to carry, I'm now doing a mile in 16 minutes rather than 18 when I started.

I'm going to put together a playlist of suitable bpm songs when I've got enough. Hopefully they may help others if they wish to follow this advice.[/quote']

Hopefully this is the the post that helps me get back on track! put on what I lost getting back on the beer and takeaways.

Booked the wedding yesterday so something I really need to lose weight for!

I've been on my diet for a while now. So far 29 pounds gone (2 stones 1 pound) and another 24 or so to go. Lots of exercise, no booze (although apparantly my liver is fucked (No, I'm not momo) so the Doc told me to lay off the booze a while so that kind of worked in my favour) and eating fuck all has worked well.

I've been on my diet for a while now. So far 29 pounds gone (2 stones 1 pound) and another 24 or so to go. Lots of exercise, no booze (although apparantly my liver is fucked (No, I'm not momo) so the Doc told me to lay off the booze a while so that kind of worked in my favour) and eating fuck all has worked well.

Great work. 29lbs is a lot of weight.

In order to make sure you keep it off you need to get used to eating less but healthy and I don't mean salads, more like keeping off the processed foods.

I'm sure you feel much healthier now do you?

I do. I'm back playing football and have been asked to play for a seniors side (over 35s before I get any smart arse comments) so I want to get fit. And yeah, part of this diet thing is about the psychology of eating and not over eating and how to control it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
My stomach feels like hell everytime I visit England. Generally there's so much fatty food that I lose my apetite altogether.

There is a choice, as wide as nearly anywhere in the world, of things to eat. You're under no obligation to eat fatty foods.