You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Fuck off you silly girlies. This is a man thread about weights,running and shit. Not for you giggling and wanting cock pictures.

Speak for yourself. I dont see Rapey Hugh complaining

I can, of course, do running and shit too

I'll do it for half that and post your fantastic achievements on here if you like. Just an idea

Explain yourself woman.

I'd use that £60 to join a gym or a good pair of running shoes and do a couple of miles a few times a week.

I hate gyms with a passion. And I started running a couple of years back. Got well into it and was bitten by the running bug. Loved it. Then started to get a lot of pain in my right calf and eventually in my right knee. Right knee is now buggered and I daren't run any more. Early 40's is no age to take up a career in running. I'll need surgery on it sometime so I've been told.

So in the interim my option is diet. Which is a bit of a twat as I love food. Ideally I want to drop 2.5 stone but losing one stone very quickly would be a bonus and an incentive if anyone knows how to do that without starvation.

Explain yourself woman

Well, what are you paying for with Slimming World? I am happy to take your money off you and give you praise or abuse on a weekly basis as appropriate as an incentive for keeping to a diet. Could probably knock up a 'diet and exercise plan for the reluctant'

Explain yourself woman.

I hate gyms with a passion. And I started running a couple of years back. Got well into it and was bitten by the running bug. Loved it. Then started to get a lot of pain in my right calf and eventually in my right knee. Right knee is now buggered and I daren't run any more. Early 40's is no age to take up a career in running. I'll need surgery on it sometime so I've been told.

So in the interim my option is diet. Which is a bit of a twat as I love food. Ideally I want to drop 2.5 stone but losing one stone very quickly would be a bonus and an incentive if anyone knows how to do that without starvation.

If you want to lose weight quickly read up on ketogenic diets. Bit like Atkins but with more protein. Essentially though it is calories in vs calories out. Monitor everyting you eat to the gram. Sounds a ball ache but it soon becomes a peice of piss.

Any science to back that up Saxon because that is bollocks I am afraid.

Not I'm afraid, you want your body to start burning glycogen which is a long term fuel source. When you only do short bursts of energy your body will burn the glucose in your blood, but when this exercise becomes sustained then your muscles will start to turn fat into glycogen.

Not I'm afraid, you want your body to start burning glycogen which is a long term fuel source. When you only do short bursts of energy your body will burn the glucose in your blood, but when this exercise becomes sustained then your muscles will start to turn fat into glycogen.

Yove got this the wrong way around mate. Glycogen is the bodys go to fuel. Insulin which is released when you consume sugars or carbs converts these sugars into glycogen which replenishes your stores and stores excess as fat.

(calories in vs calories out)

Now if yo stop eating sugar and carbohydrates all together the body is deprived of its go to fuel source and has to look for something else. At this point the body, more specifically the liver, starts to produce Ketones as the brains primary fuel. As it is not getting sugar

Ketosis. You burn fat instaed of sugar

If you want to lose weight quickly read up on ketogenic diets. Bit like Atkins but with more protein. Essentially though it is calories in vs calories out. Monitor everyting you eat to the gram. Sounds a ball ache but it soon becomes a peice of piss.

Just did a bit of reading about the Ketogenic diet, and it looks like something I'd be able for. Love my meat/fish/eggs/cheese. Eat a bit of bread too, but always as a means to keep meat and cheese together!

Anyways, would you know of a list of "real world" foods that could be eaten? I'm not a great cook, and don't like the thought of going shopping for ponsy food.

Yove got this the wrong way around mate. Glycogen is the bodys go to fuel. Insulin which is released when you consume sugars or carbs converts these sugars into glycogen which replenishes your stores and stores excess as fat.

(calories in vs calories out)

Now if yo stop eating sugar and carbohydrates all together the body is deprived of its go to fuel source and has to look for something else. At this point the body, more specifically the liver, starts to produce Ketones as the brains primary fuel. As it is not getting sugar

Ketosis. You burn fat instaed of sugar

I am sure we do both agree on the same principle that you have to actually do a fair amount of exercise before your body starts to eat into your fat reserves. If you think that you can sprint 100 m and that will help you lose weight then it wont, you need to actually get your body working before it starts to burn body fat.

You can't eat bread mate. Eggs meat cheese mayo fish avacados mince. High fat meat and no grains. The inuit have been on this diet forever. They give the dogs the fillet and eat the fat thmselves.

It gets hard after a bit and I am having a few weeks off because I lost that much water I looked like a smack edd/

I am sure we do both agree on the same principle that you have to actually do a fair amount of exercise before your body starts to eat into your fat reserves. If you think that you can sprint 100 m and that will help you lose weight then it wont, you need to actually get your body working before it starts to burn body fat.

You dont mate. You simply have to use more calories than you are consuming. Simply law of thermodynamics.

Biking is ace I do it. I can burn 5000 calories on a 50 mile ride. If I did it everyday I would be a skinny runt. I'd rather be as fit as a 100m sprinter who looks the biz and is as fit as hell. Depends on your goals but I dont want to be super skinny.

The reason you will lose more weight cycling for 3 hours than running for 1 hour is because you burn more calories. The nature of the exercise is irrelevant.

Explain yourself woman.

How about a bike then,even an exercise bike?

You dont mate. You simply have to use more calories than you are consuming. Simply law of thermodynamics.

Biking is ace I do it. I can burn 5000 calories on a 50 mile ride. If I did it everyday I would be a skinny runt. I'd rather be as fit as a 100m sprinter who looks the biz and is as fit as hell. Depends on your goals but I dont want to be super skinny.

The reason you will lose more weight cycling for 3 hours than running for 1 hour is because you burn more calories. The nature of the exercise is irrelevant.

Yes obviously the point I have been making but a different way of putting it. You need to get your body working, and as I said in my first post you can exercise for longer on a bike than you can running if you aren't used to running. You also don't burn very many calories doing short burst of exercise such as sprints on your bike, or just getting started jogging.

Wankers the lot of you. Wany to get fit PM ME>

I will stand corrected, as I am wrong in what I am saying. I am not an expert but I was in a cycling club and was told by a PT instructor for Merseyside Fire Brigade that you burn a lot more calories or lose more weight doing endurance exercise than sprints. So I do stand corrected, you do lose weight doing short bursts of high intensity exercise, but not as much as doing longer periods of exercise.

Addressing the balance of the tit pictures - there's not enough cock pictures on this forum, and i'm not on about the chicken kind.

Besides, he's not even 21, It'd probably leave him mentally scarred for life.

Or teach a few things and plenty of women in the future will thank you.