You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Road running and jump rope with boxing training 3 times a week. Session doesn't have to last more than 35 mins. That'll have you looking like a fucking warrior in about 14 weeks. It's what I do anyway. I'm 6'4 and 240lbs. Sometimes I put on a few pounds but if you stick with a regime you can enjoy food/life and still maintain a good shape and good health. Go for it !

I’m moving house in a few weeks and am getting a place with a bit of a back garden so I’ve decided I’m going to get into the skipping lark as I’ve only heard good things about it. I’ve also found a very handy place out the back for a chin up bar so that’s going in also.

I had an operation on my foot 6 weeks ago that has kept me out of the gym since then, and I’ve put on about ½ a stone. I don’t really mind, but I’m desperate to get back into the gym again. Like you I’m 6’4 but I’m lighter then you in that I’m around 215lbs. I used to be a touch over 300lbs up until about 2 years ago though. I’ve mentioned this a few times before but fuck it, fair play to me!

Circuit training is also very effective way of training and you need next to nothing when it comes to equipment. This is an excellent way to go if time is an issue and you can't make the gym.

Skipping 5 minutes

Squats x 10

Press up x 10

Sit up x 10

Lunge x 10

Shoulder press x 10

Squat Thrusts x 10

Bicep Curls x 10

Burpees x 10

Tricep extension x 10

Mountain Climbers x 10

Do all exercises continuously only resting for 1 minute when you finish the mountain climbers. Aim for 6 sets, you will have spent in total 30 mins skipping and have done 600 reps it's a serious calorie burner and shouldn't take more than 1 hour.

I've gone from about 15.5 stone to 12.5 stone in 9 months. Running (which I took up about 6 months ago) is my main exercise - a bit of swimming, sit ups and dumb bells before that.

I cut out crisps and takeaways altogther for the 1st 6 weeks or so. I now order much more sensibly if I get take-out. A lot less red meat, virtually no curries. For the last 6 months I've kicked beer - drinking white wine instead. Porridge for brekky every day - fills me rigght up and I don't want to snack.

Before hand I woudl eat 4-5 bags of crisps a day, 2-3 chinese takeways a week and beer practically every day. Still drinking too much, but my liver will now give out before my heart. I don't feel bloated anymore.

Now allow myself teh occasiona beer or bag of crisps if out with the lads.

Aged 35, not done any real exercise for years. Doing a half-marathon last month.

Happy with that.

I'm still bang on 12 stone. I got down to 11 stone 11 lb at one point but i've started allowing myself more and more treats as tims goes on.

Because I didn't follow a faddy diet i'm now at the point where I know exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it. I can tell when i'm being slightly too naughty and when i can afford a treat.

I could get down to 11 stone if I really pushed it but i'm happy with where I am and by playing footy 4 times a week i'm getting fitter and sharper.

It's all about changing your approach to food in general rather than following a faddy diet.

I'm still bang on 12 stone. I got down to 11 stone 11 lb at one point but i've started allowing myself more and more treats as tims goes on.

Because I didn't follow a faddy diet i'm now at the point where I know exactly what I can eat and when I can eat it. I can tell when i'm being slightly too naughty and when i can afford a treat.

I could get down to 11 stone if I really pushed it but i'm happy with where I am and by playing footy 4 times a week i'm getting fitter and sharper.

It's all about changing your approach to food in general rather than following a faddy diet.

Such blatant, repressed homo eroticism has never been seen like this before.

• Upvote 1

Yeah princess, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. *wristflop*

I completely agree. I have lost just over 2 stone or close on 30lbs in the last year. I expect to keep it off as I am running 15km+ per week, training two nights with my local footie team and playing competitively at the weekends. As you say though, its about knowing what you can eat. Nobody expects to be able to eat chocolate everyday and not put on weight. Drink 1.5 litres of water and day and get your fruit and veg into you. I would go as far as saying that this is the best I have felt since I was in my teens.

• 3 months later...

I've lost about 40 kilos in the last 5 or so months. I got way out of control I'm about 6'4 so I held it better than most but I still got way fat and had given up on life.

I still want to lose about 10 more but it's a good felling to get into clothes I haven't worn for 5 years. My golf game is better than ever, my back is way better, I'm good at football again, i sweat less, I'm moving up the ladder at work, I have some confidence to talk to hot girls again, my manly muscles are coming out from hiding the list goes on. My life still needs a lot of work but getting rid of the fat helps so

much, being fat sucks so bad I'm never going back. I was miserable for so long, actually the best thing that's happened since losing it was I won a few races at swimming club.

I used to be a kick ass swimmer when I was younger but then I got lazy and drunk as a teen and stopped. I went back to the club I used to go to and won some races and that feeling was immense I hadn't won anything in forever, I forgot how good winning was and I want to keep that feeling.

I lost 2 stone last year, then kicked the cigs in October so gained a bit back, but im gonna get the running shoes out and get back jogging to firm the wobbly bits up. I had a 6-pack in my early 20's when i played f**tball 3 times a week but since my retirement a few years back - i've got content. Time to put the effort back in. And get the pack back.

Not fat as such but for a number of reasons have lost a load of fitness over the past year, and I dont like it.

Things properly fell apart just before Christmas when I was floored by a bug, pinned to the sofa and put on a few pounds too.

Its a cliche but, new year, new start. New Year's Day I went out on my bike and have been out running too since then. It feels like 'back to square one' stuff but thinking about it positively the only way is up

I've been working away from home the last few months and have put on nearly a stone.

Absolute nightmare! Can't wait for this project i'm working on to end so I can get back into my routine.

I've gone from eating little and playing football 4 times in a week, to eating shite and playing no football.

Don't eat anything that a caveman cudnt get his hands on. Train 3 times a week. The way some people are talking on here is like they are training to be olympic athletes. That shit will get boring pretty quickly. Just do sensible training, eat well and enjoy life :-)

I'm in the process of trying to lose weight altho sacking the gym membership probably won't help. However, I just find it so dull.

Since wrecking my knee, sports are out the question too.

Currently cutting out carbs to see if that helps.

Definately. Avoid bread especially, pasta and rice also. Baked spuds (no butter) are ok . Avoid alcohol and the weight will drop off with minimal exercise.

I'm in the process of trying to lose weight altho sacking the gym membership probably won't help. However, I just find it so dull.

Since wrecking my knee, sports are out the question too.

Currently cutting out carbs to see if that helps.

Swimming is the option if you have injuries, especially for burning fat