You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Professor Art De Vany.

That is all you need to google to start losing weight.

Paleo diet and lifestyle, jogging is bad for you and boring, eat steak for breakfast if you want, avoid processed carbs like the plague because that's basically what it is.

Another Fad diet.

Meh. I'm also sick of being fat..

I used to weigh about 130kgs(I was about 177cm then) and I was able to lose 40kgs and drop to below 90kgs in about a years time. Since then though I've gained, lost, gained, lost, gained lost. Can't keep it steady.

I've lost more than 20kgs twice, but I've tried to lose my weight again now for about 5 months, but I can't seem to do it.

Of course this is all due to my eating habits. I try to eat healthy, but I'm just a sugar addict. That's the explanation for it I'm guessing, but I just can't stop. It's like a fucking disorder.

Right now I'm lifting weights in the gym, I'm doing cardio (footy, biking plus the occasional jog) I'm stuck at 115kgs (I've grown since losing the 40 kgs, I'm now 188.)

I want to drop 15kgs by the end of this year, that normally shouldn't be a big fucking deal as its easy(should be) to lose 1kg a week.

However.

Pointers?! What can I do? What should I eat? How do I stop eating candy? (I'm a cunt for Chocolate and lacorice.)

Bah. Fuck my fucking life. Sorry for the inconveiantly long thread full of spelling cockups. I wish I was rich, I'd get a personal trainer and I'd get ripped as fuck and I'd celebrate by spilling my manjuices all over people.

Cheers, me.

Road running and jump rope with boxing training 3 times a week. Session doesn't have to last more than 35 mins. That'll have you looking like a fucking warrior in about 14 weeks. It's what I do anyway. I'm 6'4 and 240lbs. Sometimes I put on a few pounds but if you stick with a regime you can enjoy food/life and still maintain a good shape and good health. Go for it !

De Vany is not another 'fad diet', it's based on geneology and how our bodies do not like certain foods.

Humans lived by the sea for generations, for thousands of years, it's only natural that our bodies adapted to take the high levels of sea-based food and came to rely on these specific nutrients. We lived by the sea because we could fish, it was a free food source, of course communities were based by the sea.

We also ate berries, and nuts, and seeds, and fruit, and vegetables and meat. Again, of course we did, agriculture and grains only came into the picture so very recently in terms our development, you may as well include Haribo in our diet if you're going to insist bread and cereals are natural to our diet.

In terms of exercise, we didn't exercise by fucking around and working up a sweat. Fuck that idea off, exercise was purposeful and hard and short in duration where possible, we didn't want to expend energy for the sake of it. It was intense, we were climbing things, sprinting after food, lifting heavy things to build our homes, carrying a deer carcass on our shoulder for a mile or two, we were jumping, sprinting, and whacking things. Oh look, it's now catching on as a form of perfect workout, the small sets and high intensity workouts are now being used by many.

The reason people only lived until they were 18, or 28 or 33, or 41 in the early stages of our development was because we got eaten, or attacked, or we died of disease, or of cold temperatures, or flood, or any number of things that made our lives dangerous and intense.

It's not a fad; it's science, it's evolution, it's irrefutable, it's designing how we eat and exercise and correlating it to match what our bodies are designed for. You can't keep jamming lucozade into this shit, and you can't keep wearing down your joints by doing pointless low-intensity 'exercise'. Being knackered and having fucked knees...yeah, that won't help when trying to avoid packs of wolves.

Road running and jump rope with boxing training 3 times a week. Session doesn't have to last more than 35 mins. That'll have you looking like a fucking warrior in about 14 weeks. It's what I do anyway. I'm 6'4 and 240lbs. Sometimes I put on a few pounds but if you stick with a regime you can enjoy food/life and still maintain a good shape and good health. Go for it !

You can't buy this kind of motivation.

If you can't be arsed to find it yourself, some snippets.

De Vany has a section of posts reserved just to highlight reported deaths of marathons runners.

More Runner Deaths - Arthur De Vany Members

Yes, endurance exercise does not mean you are 'fit'.

Marathon runners aren't 'fit' as such, they're just good at running long distances.

There's so much more to the De Vany site in general, it's scientific in the extreme, he'll post threads about new studies so everyone can read and discuss if it's any use to us to enhance our diet or exerice detail.

Another facet of his work is working with the notion of randomness, or chaos. As far as exercise goes, we should aim for organised chaos. Our heart is not a tachometer as such, it is very slightly chaotic, and so any exercise that promotes a regular heartbeat is harming you, this is what kills marathon runners. You acclimatise your heart to beat in a rhythym, because you run for long distances at the same pace and intensity.

You need to shock yourself, intense blasts, get it blowing.

Muscle confusion is good.

The theory is you variate your exercise each session so you keep getting that "oh fuck my arms/legs are going to drop off" feeling. You keep the habit and the routine of training but "confuse" your muscles while you do it. E.g jump rope one week and run the next. Chinups are awesome for strength and gain, as are dips (the cheese kind is also nice but counter productive), just don't make any session the same as the last.

Confusing your muscles like this can give you real gains without use of steroids/ creatine etc which obviously isn't very good for you in long term.

Your heart is a muscle that needs to be exercised to strengthen it so dont be scared of making it work harder and beat faster.

But in terms of this how you look stuff has anybody died from not having big enough biceps? Probably not.

How many people have died from not having a strong enough heart or lungs?

Probably quite a few.

Your heart is a muscle that needs to be exercised to strengthen it so dont be scared of making it work harder and beat faster.

But in terms of this how you look stuff has anybody died from not having big enough biceps? Probably not.

How many people have died from not having a strong enough heart or lungs?

Probably quite a few.

Purple Aki.

Fat Loss Diet | Fat Burning Foods | Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle By Tom Venuto

This might look like one of those crap american infomercials but i managed to get the books free usenet/torrent and its the only thing that has kept the weight off for me. theres alot of detail in the books but it works. I'm 5'11'' and was around 260lbs. I'm down to 180 lbs, 172lbs was my weight at single figures body fat when i was playing for ulster and ireland schools. I busted my knee badly after university and the weight piled on. I kept it on for 10 years. I've been at 180lbs and have 10% body fat, (5% below the healthy average), ive been that way now for around 2 years after reading about Tom Venuto.

The only thing is you become so obsessive about what you put in your mouth that it becomes a bit tedious but its the only way to keep it under control. I downloaded and app on android which was the best thing i could have done because you really get to see what food in your body and every time you eat something you have to record it. A combination of the books and app really does put the brakes on your appetite.

Theres no easy way to lose weight, most of the hurdles are in your mind. If you can get past that then you are well on the way.

Fat Loss Diet | Fat Burning Foods | Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle By Tom Venuto

This might look like one of those crap american infomercials but i managed to get the books free usenet/torrent and its the only thing that has kept the weight off for me. theres alot of detail in the books but it works. I'm 5'11'' and was around 260lbs. I'm down to 180 lbs, 172lbs was my weight at single figures body fat when i was playing for ulster and ireland schools. I busted my knee badly after university and the weight piled on. I kept it on for 10 years. I've been at 180lbs and have 10% body fat, (5% below the healthy average), ive been that way now for around 2 years after reading about Tom Venuto.

The only thing is you become so obsessive about what you put in your mouth that it becomes a bit tedious but its the only way to keep it under control. I downloaded and app on android which was the best thing i could have done because you really get to see what food in your body and every time you eat something you have to record it. A combination of the books and app really does put the brakes on your appetite.

Theres no easy way to lose weight, most of the hurdles are in your mind. If you can get past that then you are well on the way.

Is this advice for the ladies?

First establish what your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is and then and then factor in your daily activity levels, for example, 1.2 being a sedentary lifestyle and 1.5 being very active. Multiplie your weight in kg's by 24 for a male and 22 for a female then multiplie your answer using the scale above. For example, a guy weighting 70 kgs who is very active, 70 x 24 x 1.5 = 2520. This is the amount of calories he needs to maintain his current weight.

Weight Training, very important, our muscles act like a furnace burning fat (3500 calories = 1LB of fat). The more lean muscle tissue you have the higher your metabolism will be thus burning more calories. Our bodies store about 500 grams of glycogen which our muscles use as a source of energy when weight training. Doing cardio straight after weight training means that our bodies will burn fat more effectively as our glycogen stores have been depleted from lifting weights.

So...sort out your BMR, create a calorie deficient diet, weight and cardio program 3-5 times per week and you're good to go.