You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

I was bang on 12 stone a couple of days ago, it was a tense moment waiting for the scales to settle - I very nearly saw the number 11 for the first time! That's bound to happen very shortly though and it will be a big milestone.

I started my first 11 aside match on Tuesday night, since September and I played 90 minutes. Cramped up with 5 minutes to go but I felt strong and fit, despite doing little cardio in the 7 months i've been away, all because i'm carrying far less weight.

I feel great at the moment and i'm starting to think that I can actually get down to 11 stone, never mind the original target of 11 and a half!

I'm worried, Brownie. Sounds like the start of an eating disorder. Choose life!

bulimic_people_4.jpg

I've now reached the landmark of 4 stone down. Or 26KG for those who prefer metric. I hit a plateau for a long while, but it was maintained at that level and didn't climb upwards. Things are moving again and it feels good. Like Brownie, I'm also now looking at reaching 11 stone rather than my initial target of 11 1/5. But the weight is not really the issue, it's reducing the waistline that's of far more benefit. Whatever weight I end up at is neither here nor there, really. As long as I'm fit and healthy and strong enough to carry it, I'll be happy.

I've now reached the landmark of 4 stone down. Or 26KG for those who prefer metric. I hit a plateau for a long while' date=' but it was maintained at that level and didn't climb upwards. Things are moving again and it feels good. Like Brownie, I'm also now looking at reaching 11 stone rather than my initial target of 11 1/5. But the weight is not really the issue, it's reducing the waistline that's of far more benefit. Whatever weight I end up at is neither here nor there, really. As long as I'm fit and healthy and strong enough to carry it, I'll be happy.[/quote']

Ultimately, i'm the same mate, in the sense that I don't really care what weight I am. Once I get down to about 11 stone i'm going to start working out to tone up and get stronger for football etc and just to look good in general.

The actual numbers won't mean anything at that point, just as long as I feel good and benefit from it.

Right so I am sick of being 18 stone. I am 6ft 4 so I dont look stupidly fat but you can tell I am a big boy.

So far this week I am eating toast for breakfast (didnt normally have any breakfast)

Having an apple and bannana with two sandwhiches and a cereal bar for lunch

Dinner having salad/veg with grilled chicken breast ect and a jacket

I have been drinking about 3-4l of water a day too.

I am biking to and from work and I hope to lose 4 stone by next summer when we are getting married.

Any one else give us ant tips or stuff they have done?

Not trawling through all the posts so here is my view (sorry if i repeat things) I am around 17.5 stone and 6ft 1in..

I cannot lose weight to save my life despite trying to, biggest problem was quitting smoking. Other half is on a diet (dunno why) and she is on the new weight watchers crap thing but seems easier for her to get weight off.

Like was said brown bread, oven chips, and then grill most things you had fried.

Eating on the rush and at wrong times doesn't help either

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a go on this?

I lost a couple of stone a year ago but I want to lose another stone. Whatever I do, I seem to have just kind of levelled out. Considering doing this twice a month for a month or two.

3 Day Diet Information

The 3 Day Diet

The 3 day diet plan - is a calorie limited diet over 3 days. There are claims that following it correctly, you can lose up to 10 lbs in 3 days. After the 3 days of dieting you should return to eating a normal healthy diet for at least four to five days, and you should not over eat.

This diet is not a good sustainable diet, we are providing it as we aim to be a complete site for weight loss. A site we'd recommend for sustainable weight loss diets is eDiets.

This site does not provide medical information and if you are at any medical risk in undertaking a diet such as this, please check with your doctor before undertaking it.

Instructions:

Drink 4 glasses of water or diet soda per day.

For additional flavoring you can add herbs, salt and pepper, lemon, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard and ketchup to your foods.

DAY 1

BREAKFAST

Black Coffee or Tea (if required, with 1-2 packets of Sweet and Low or equivalent)

1/2 a Grapefruit or Juice

1 Slice of Toast with 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter

LUNCH

1/2 a Cup of Tuna

1 Slice of Toast

Black Coffee or Tea (if required, with 1-2 packets of Sweet and Low or equivalent)

DINNER

3 Oz. any lean red meat or chicken

1 cup each of

green beans

carrots

regular vanilla ice cream

1 apple

DAY 2

BREAKFAST

1 Egg (boiled, scrambled, omlette)

1/2 a Banana

1 Slice of Toast

LUNCH

1 cup of cottage cheese or tuna

8 regular saltine crackers

DINNER

2 beef franks

1 cup of broccoli or cabbage

1/2 a cup carrots

1/2 a banana

1/2 a cup of regular vanilla ice cream

DAY 3

BREAKFAST

5 regular saltine crackers

1 oz. cheddar cheese

1 apple

LUNCH

1 boiled egg

1 slice of toast

DINNER

1 cup each of:

tuna

carrots

cauliflower

melon

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Has anyone had a go on this?

I lost a couple of stone a year ago but I want to lose another stone. Whatever I do, I seem to have just kind of levelled out. Considering doing this twice a month for a month or two.

The only reason you'll lose any weight on that diet is because you're putting yourself into massive calorie deficit but you'll put it straight back on as soon as you stop.

Work out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight then reduce that, 1lb of fat is 3500 calories so if you reduce your calorie intake by 500 per day you'll lose (in theory) a pound a week.

Obviously getting the diet right helps so stay away from anything heavily processed like White bread, get plenty of lean protein and don't be scared of fat you still need it.

What exercise do you do at the moment?

Edited by Cardie

I've found completely cutting out sugar and being a Nazi with exercise has helped me the most.

All interval running, I fucking hate it but I have an addictive personality and got hooked on "runners high".

Down from 90 to 67kg in around 6 months.

Will start putting on weight when I start lifting when my hand heals.

• 3 months later...
I'm up to an 18lb weight loss since Christmas, it's taking for fucking ever. The only thing consoling me is the theory the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off.

Another 3lb off since this one. In 3 months i've lost a whole 3lb - I know it's not a shits worth as it goes down a bit more then.

Enough already - i want 1st 7 off before christmas to meet my target of 3st in the year. I'm back at the gym again this week (i can never attend during the summer holidays) and uni starts again the end of the month. If anyone knows Bangor uni it's like climbing Snowdon to get to the main building from town so i'm hoping that makes a difference. I'm in 5 days a week and leaving the car at home.

I've now lost 5 stone since I started on my quest in January last year. However there's good news and bad news, sort of. While I started at 16 and now down to 11, that's not quite the truth. Well, it's the truth on one scales. The bathroom scales, which I've since found out is about a stone out of synch with the rest of the world.

So, the bad news, if you can call it that, is that I was actually just a couple of pounds off 17 stone at the start, and am now down to just under 12. It's still 5 stone, of course, but the shock of learning I was actually almost 17 stone was an eye opener. Especially as I'm not exactly built to carry it, at 5'9".

Exercise is fine, but the bottom line is - you can't out-train a bad diet. Your body size, shape and weight are determined in the kitchen, not the gym!

I've now lost 5 stone since I started on my quest in January last year. However there's good news and bad news' date=' sort of. While I started at 16 and now down to 11, that's not quite the truth. Well, it's the truth on one scales. The bathroom scales, which I've since found out is about a stone out of synch with the rest of the world.

So, the bad news, if you can call it that, is that I was actually just a couple of pounds off 17 stone at the start, and am now down to just under 12. It's still 5 stone, of course, but the shock of learning I was actually almost 17 stone was an eye opener. Especially as I'm not exactly built to carry it, at 5'9".

Exercise is fine, but the bottom line is - you can't out-train a bad diet.[b'] Your body size, shape and weight are determined in the kitchen,[/b] not the gym!

I reckon mine is because i don't go in the kitchen often enough.

I have to shift a bit again now for a new job, haven't tried for a while but generally once in the swing find it ok. Did you get married FG ?? congrats if you did.

No, Got her up the duff again didnt I. Sailor is 6 months old now. All booked for the 28th July next year though. (not paid for at all) And still Fat, But not that fat by looking at me. I just have a belly, (a little bit of a big one) Eat too much fast food and like the old Cider and Vino. I am 6ft 4.Just need to lose the Belly and I will be fine.

I'm 22lbs down in 2 months, eating solely protein (no fat or carbs). I have introduced green veg now though.

AI'm fucking staving and miserable. I would kill my own Mother for a plate of roasties.

You'll pile it all back on dukan or no dukan ( assuming that's what you're doing) if you don't stick to it for the rest of your life.

Got to be happier ways to lose weight without shitting cement.

I'm 22lbs down in 2 months, eating solely protein (no fat or carbs). I have introduced green veg now though.

I'm fucking staving and miserable. I would kill my own Mother for a plate of roasties.

Yeah I am on this diet - down from 95kg to maybe 82kg since late May.

My waist size has gone from 38 to 32 inches.

I have combined this with Lipo-6 tablets and weight training

I am slightly mental all the time and have a sense this is really unhealthy, but after last year this is a real step forward

Its sad to say but honestly you get so much more attention from women when you're slimmer

never going back

Yeah I am on this diet - down from 95kg to maybe 82kg since late May.

My waist size has gone from 38 to 32 inches.

I have combined this with Lipo-6 tablets and weight training

I am slightly mental all the time and have a sense this is really unhealthy, but after last year this is a real step forward

Its sad to say but honestly you get so much more attention from women when you're slimmer

never going back

Only since may? What the fuck! That can't be healthy, I'm in, hook me up.

Only since may? What the fuck! That can't be healthy, I'm in, hook me up.

Mate, I started on May the 23rd - and I think I am likely sub 80kg

Its is unhealthy - I defo have an eating disorder now, but the people telling me how much weight I have lost is the drug I need to continue

My chest size has gone from 48 to 42 inches and neck from 17 and half to 16

Liz, and indeed everyone else, you may think this is illogical, but it's not: Eat fat!

Your body needs fat. Dietary fat, that is, not what's stored as fat from excessive carbs. That has to be metabolised and is less accessible than dietary fat which can be used straight away. It also helps in the absorption of vitamins and minerals from other food.

Fat is exactly the same to our bodies as water. If you don't consume enough water, your body holds onto what it has.

The real sad irony of so many shopping on a diet, is that they're all the time falsely lured by things which proclaim 'LOW FAT' or '50% LESS FAT'. What they don't tell you is, that these foods, highly processed for a start, don't always contain fat anyway, but what thy do contain is heaps of sugar -sugar which when it hits your body is deemed as excessive, stimulates insulin release, and is stored, surprise, surprise, as FAT!

Avocados

Oily fish, such as mackerel, trout and salmon. (I know this may not appeal to all)

Olive oil - but do not cook with virgin or extra virgin olive oil

Omega 3 rich eggs

Nuts - in moderation - Almonds, Macadamia, Walnuts, Pecans. NO peanuts. they're not nuts. Oh and especially no dohnuts, either ;-)

Nut butters - but again, not peanut butter

A year and a half reading stuff and more importantly, living it, Liz. The thing about it is, I'm never having to stop eating. I'm never hungry. The number of times people have seen me eating again and again, and remark how it doesn't seem to be having any effect. But the story is in what I'm eating, and more importantly, what I'm not eating. I've steered well clear of processed foods and all grain based food. Specifically flour. Our bodies have not evolved to consume grain, which is a relatively recent addition to the human diet.

So bread, cakes and biscuits are off the regular menu. I can, and do, occasionally partake, especially at a party where there's a homemade cake. It's only a once off thing, not the norm, so I don't sweat about it. It's what I'm eating 24/7 for the 2 weeks before it and after it that determines my size and weight, not the enjoyment of a luscious slice of birthday cake or whatever the chosen indulgence may be.

As you may gather from this, I feel strongly about it, and hope to be able to help others to resist the so called temptations of low-fat shit that's dogmatically peddled by the retail food industry, the food boards and governments as being healthy.

Feel free to talk more if you want, by PM or even MSN, though I haven't seen you on there in at least 4 years.

Cut our carbs and you'll drop weight like mad. You gotta fucking want it though. No OD'ing on beer, no fucking bread, no fucking pasta (have I got your attention yet?)...

Seriously though: Eggs, lean meats, lots of veggies, fish of any kind. No processed junk. You won't even have to work out.

After 3 years of nursing school I was up to a massive 156lbs (I'm 5'7" people were actually calling me out on the weight I'd been putting on). I've dropped close to 20lbs in 10 weeks with a grand total of 18 minutes on the elliptical. PM me if you seriously need some motivation/help. -Nurse Finch

Damo, I hear the "you must eat fat to lose weight" argument all the time from Leeson. My logical mind disputes this, given that it's from eating fat that I ended up not fitting into size 14 jeans. I do fully appreciate this Dukan diet is unhealthy, but my need to be slim is more important than my health. It's like a drug. I even weigh myself after I've drunk a glass of water, or emptied my bladder.

Avocados

Oily fish' date=' such as mackerel, trout and salmon. (I know this may not appeal to all)

[b']Olive oil - but do not cook with virgin or extra virgin olive oil[/b]

Omega 3 rich eggs

Nuts - in moderation - Almonds, Macadamia, Walnuts, Pecans. NO peanuts. they're not nuts. Oh and especially no dohnuts, either ;-)

Nut butters - but again, not peanut butter.

Interesting post, how come no virgin or extra virgin olive oil?