You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

32 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s shite, as are unsubstainable diets. Just eat sensibly, in moderation and exercise.

OMAD diet ‘experts’ make me laugh. Eat once every 24 hours and lose weight - No shit, Sherlock!

I get the principles behind it as it restricts calories but surely you must seriously crave food on this and that will lead to binging 

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Tony, you need to publish your exclusive get slim on custard creams diet everyone is raving about. 

There was a bloke on telly over Christmas who was on a diet of just mince pies. He felt shite but he had lost weight so reduce the calories and you could eat anything I guess

2 hours ago, Champ said:

I’m not sure Lario is British

Irish.

I use pounds as it's easier to see any minimal weightloss.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s shite, as are unsubstainable diets. Just eat sensibly, in moderation and exercise.

OMAD diet ‘experts’ make me laugh. Eat once every 24 hours and lose weight - No shit, Sherlock!

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I get the principles behind it as it restricts calories but surely you must seriously crave food on this and that will lead to binging 

OMAD isn't calorie restricting.

It's basically eat your daily calorie allowance in one sitting, allowing just one insulin spike in 24 hours. So the "usual" Intermittent Fasting routine is 16:8. Some people push it to 20:4. OMAD is basically 23.5:0.5.

I usually eat around 12pm. That way you're pretty much full until bedtime, and it's only a few hours in the morning that you're felling hungry if at all.

It's actually ok to feel hungry for a while. And a lot of time it isn't even hunger, it's thirst.

Checked in at 206.6lbs this morning, which is down nearly 6 pounds. Seeing as tomorrow is a fasting day, I was thinking about maybe having a bit of a blowout this evening. But ploughing a load of sugar in will probably make tomorrow all the harder. Will play it by ear.

27 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Dress it  up however you like.

Calories in  v. Calories out.

That's my point with OMAD, I'd sooner watch what I eat all day and count calories than eat everything in one go and be hungry for large periods of the day. It's all what works best for the individual though.

I've been calorie counting on 1800 calories per day, focusing on eggs, sausages, bacon, burgers (not bun), chicken but am struggling to fit in veggies. I eat a few pieces of fruit per day, I'm not doing keto so am not bothered about carbs as such I just limit them. What's an easy way to fit in greens?

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've been calorie counting on 1800 calories per day, focusing on eggs, sausages, bacon, burgers (not bun), chicken but am struggling to fit in veggies. I eat a few pieces of fruit per day, I'm not doing keto so am not bothered about carbs as such I just limit them. What's an easy way to fit in greens?

Chopped finely into rice. I manage to hide loads of veg in sauces (grating veg into a pasta sauce, chilli, or shepherds pie is excellent, tastes great, and you don’t notice them). If you get creative, you can really manage it. You just grate them, add just after you fry off the onion, and they basically just thicken the sauce. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Chopped finely into rice. I manage to hide loads of veg in sauces (grating veg into a pasta sauce, chilli, or shepherds pie is excellent, tastes great, and you don’t notice them). If you get creative, you can really manage it. You just grate them, add just after you fry off the onion, and they basically just thicken the sauce. 

I've not been eating sauces either mate. The only time I eat them is if I have marinated chicken with veg.

I've never been big into veg to be honest but need the fibre. I'll start checking spinach in with my meals but doubt that's enough, doesn't help that I'm a fussy cunt 

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

That looks like a lot of processed meat if you don’t mind me saying...

...but if you’re asking about veggies, first up what vegetables do you like?

I’m currently eating soup I made with turkey stock loaded with carrots, parsnips and sliced sprouts

Just now, Champ said:

That looks like a lot of processed meat if you don’t mind me saying...

...but if you’re asking about veggies, first up what vegetables do you like?

It's convenient and an improvement from eating Maccies and ready meals!

Veggies I like, peas, carrots, sweetcorn, I don't mind sprouts either.

I need convenient foods really as I don't have the time to cook much.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I've not been eating sauces either mate. The only time I eat them is if I have marinated chicken with veg.

I've never been big into veg to be honest but need the fibre. I'll start checking spinach in with my meals but doubt that's enough, doesn't help that I'm a fussy cunt 

In which case, smoothie. Chug that shit. 

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's convenient and an improvement from eating Maccies and ready meals!

Veggies I like, peas, carrots, sweetcorn, I don't mind sprouts either.

I need convenient foods really as I don't have the time to cook much.

See my edit.

The soup took 15min to make, if that, and I’ve had 3 meals out of it. When I made it last week I had some leftover sausages and bacon rolls and chopped one of them in each day for some extra taste

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Champ said:

See my edit.

The soup took 15min to make, if that, and I’ve had 3 meals out of it. When I made it last week I had some leftover sausages and bacon rolls and chopped one of them in each day for some extra taste

Do you have a recipe? I count calories as well so I need to know how many each serving is.