You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

With a 20% deficit for weight loss about 2,300. I keep doing the macros on a weekly basis but aim to be there or thereabouts rather than religiously adhere to them. I just make sure that I stay under 20g of carbs and that protein stays relatively modest.

Tell you what, if you're eating 2300 calories a day and losing that much weight, things can't be that bad right? 2300 calories can include quite a lot of food. At some point, that'll obviously slow down as your BMR gets lower due to your weight loss. 

Actually, if you're eating at 2300 I suspect you're actually eating at a greater deficit than 20%. It might be worth checking your macro inputs to make sure you're doing everything right. I'm sure you are, but that's a hefty weight loss with just 20%. Maybe your metabolism was fucked or something. I don't know, I'm just typing things now. I should stop. Yeah, I'm going to stop. 

EDIT: Whatever, it's working, can't complain.

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Tell you what, if you're eating 2300 calories a day and losing that much weight, things can't be that bad right? 2300 calories can include quite a lot of food. At some point, that'll obviously slow down as your BMR gets lower due to your weight loss. 

Actually, if you're eating at 2300 I suspect you're actually eating at a greater deficit than 20%. It might be worth checking your macro inputs to make sure you're doing everything right. I'm sure you are, but that's a hefty weight loss with just 20%. Maybe your metabolism was fucked or something. I don't know, I'm just typing things now. I should stop. Yeah, I'm going to stop. 

EDIT: Whatever, it's working, can't complain.

From what I read, he's fasting every second day, so he's way below daily maintenance.

@Anubis : That's great stuff. Fasting is the key. Dare I say it, you'd be better off having a massive day of 4600 calories, and then fasting for 2 days if you can manage it.

Someone mentioned a guy on YouTube called Snake Diet. He's all about fasting. He's worth a watch.

8 minutes ago, Lario said:

From what I read, he's fasting every second day, so he's way below daily maintenance.

@Anubis : That's great stuff. Fasting is the key. Dare I say it, you'd be better off having a massive day of 4600 calories, and then fasting for 2 days if you can manage it.

Someone mentioned a guy on YouTube called Snake Diet. He's all about fasting. He's worth a watch.

He is going to kill somebody eventually, is what he's going to do. I was the guy who mentioned him, as I quite like his drink. I also quite like IF, and I  practically live on an OMAD diet, but be careful listening to zealots like the Sake Diet guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really sure where to post this request, but here is probably as good as anything.

I’m keen on a prebiotic powder. The fibre that feeds the friendlies. I’m low carb and already taking probiotic Kefir.  Can anybody recommend a top notch prebiotic - not a psylium filler.

cheers in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped given the time of year!

I'm blue in the face from starting and fucking up weight loss, so now that the brother-in-law has done an Ironman in Barcelona (fit cunt), I've decided I can lose a few stone. Gonna go OMAD with Keto, and throw in the odd 36-48 hour fast and see what's what.

Had a load of sweets on Sunday night to clear the cupboards, and started a 37 hour Snake Juice diet to get straight into fasting forced ketosis. Worked a treat.

Monday Morning - 213.8lbs. Nothing to eat all day. Had 1.5 litres of Snake juice and played a game of 5-a-side.

Tuesday noon - Meal of 6 rashers & 3 sausages with a can of coke Zero. Also had a Grenade Carb Killa bar to keep the sweet tooth at bay.

Wednesday (today) - Tipped the scales at 211.2 this morning. Had the same meal at the same time as yesterday. to add a bit of science to it though, I got the diabetic lad in the office to take some bloods.

Pre food - 3.6 mmol/L

1 hour after food - 5.8 mmol/L

2 hours after food - 5.4 mmol/L

So my blood sugar "spiked" to 5.8 millimoles per litre of blood, which is pretty good in the "keep insulin level low" fight.

Onwards and upwards...or downwards as the case may be.

• Upvote 1

And then I was surprised that no-one responded to you, Lario.

I’m probably more in the Sick of Being Unfit camp but I’d love to shed a few pounds too.

I’ve let a bit of weight creep on over the past few months and then just before Christmas I went on a social bike ride and shocked myself at how much fitness I’d lost. I just couldn’t enjoy the cycle at all and I don’t want to be that person, so time to get back to it.

Since that dreadful ride I’ve been getting out on my bike and have been starting to build my stamina back up over distance before adding some more climbing. I’ve been back at the gym today and have been cutting back on the bad stuff food wise. Writing this I’m wondering whether it’s going to be enough because I really don’t want to be where I am now.

I’m hoping by writing it down this is going to work like my Winter Positivity thread and motivate me to make some real change rather than it just occupying my mind but not actually doing much.

Here goes...

• Like 1

I've put a ton of weight on but it soon comes off. Working 7am till 5pm kind of messed up my gym. I hate going at night it is full of bell ends.

Started running again but 2 or 3k and I'm blowing out my arse. It will come. Hate biking in winter. Too windy and the salt fucks your bike but will get on that in a few weeks hopefully.

Diet is the key for me. No more B&J's or hobnobs till at least a stone is gone. Strength has all but disappeared but that comes back after a week or two.

I've fucked my job off and am going back to Uni. Studying and training for 3 years straight sounds like bliss.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Depressing isn't it. You know you need to lose a bit when your stomach starts stick out when you're wearing T-Shirts

Different fucking buckle on the belt. Worse living here as the biggest celebrations were on the 6th of Jan. Glad it's all done and I can eat like a normal human again. First game of the unmentionable tomorrow for about a month. Going to be blowing out of my arse after 20 minutes.

On 11 January 2019 at 10:02 PM, littletedwest said:

Was in best shape ever 30 months ago now I'm the opposite 

Same as. 

I was was down at 178 just over two years ago, and was in pretty good nick. 

Then I crept over 180 and thought to myself "as long as I stay below 190!"

Until I crept over 190! And on it went until i tipped the 211 a few days ago. 

When I was fit, I had to drill a new hole in my belt to keep my jeans up. That's now 3 notches away! Fairly depressing shit. 

Went to to buy clobber last weekend 'cause most of my stuff is uncomfortable now.  But came to the realisation that I'd be better off keeping my money, and just losing the fucking flab. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lario said:

Same as. 

When I was fit, I had to drill a new hole in my belt to keep my jeans up. That's now 3 notches away! Fairly depressing shit. 

Went to to buy clobber last weekend 'cause most of my stuff is uncomfortable now.  But came to the realisation that I'd be better off keeping my money, and just losing the fucking flab. 

Yep.  Used to be able run 5 miles. Used be able deadlift 200k pretty comfortably do 15 pull ups, never been a good bench pressure but I could do 102.5 k for 5x 5.

2 miles killed me the other day, not deadlifted for 12 months due to having change main gym I train at and struggle bench 90k for 5x5 last week. 

That said it's relative for a 38 year old I'm not that bad.

11 hours ago, Lario said:

Same as. 

Just start weighing yourself in kilograms Lario and half that weight will come off.

I weighed myself just after Christmas and I was 180 which is really bad for me. Clothes are tight, some don’t fit at all and generally I just feel horrible.

I feel at my best around 160 so i’ve cut out the shite from my diet and haven’t had a beer since new year.

I went for a run yesterday (5k) and I was blowing out of my arse. Had to stop a couple of times which I never usually do.

Going to start HIIT in the morning.

This morning I weigh 173.

The sooner I hit 160, the better.

In 2017 I lost 3 stone partly through watching macros in my diet and partly through lots of exercise.

My daily diet was basically roughly 150g of carbohydrates, 80 to 100 g of protein and 50g of fat with one cheat day per week where I could eat pretty much anything.

Exercise routine was 3 x one hour long gym sessions split roughly 20 minutes each on strength (heavy weights with low reps and breaks to recover), conditioning (lighter weights with large numbers of reps and little recovery) and high intensity (circuits aimed to get me blowing out my arse). As well as that I did two runs a week with one longer run and one shorter run. The longer one started at a mile and a half and was at 5 miles by the end of the year.

Last year I kept up the exercise to a point but not as strictly and diet was much worse certainly over the last 6 months. I could look at factors like a relationship ending, moving house and an Achilles injury as being reasons for that but they're just excuses to a point I suppose.

On New Years Day I was around a stone heavier than last year so full of motivation I'm well back into a routine now. 3 pounds down in week 1 and raring to go.

I have three aims for this year. Beat the 10k time of 53 minutes I did early last year, shift the extra stone I've picked up  and keep it off and also to get in good shape for my holidays in May.

• Upvote 2