You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

All these crazy arse apps like My Fitness Palace etc say that, as I'm 6 ft 2, I can eat 2000 calories a day and lose pound a week.

Does this sound right to anyone? I want to aim for this, so I can lose about 3 stone over the course of a year.

I'm thinking long term, rather than a crash diet.

Sustainable healthy weight loss is usually 2lb a week according to medical bods. Sometimes you'll lose a bit more per week at the start of you've got more to shift.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great gym session this evening. Well, yesterday evening...

As I've said already, I'm a Personal Trainer but also a PE Teacher in a school so had six weeks out of my usual routine. My diet hadn't been too bad until the last two weeks when my girlfriend got some time off too. We was out most nights having a meal and snacking like mad. It's very difficult for me to put weight on (on the scales that is) but I felt awful. Felt like I had a proper gut on me. Went for a 5k run one day last week and sweat buckets which isn't usually like me. I cycle everyday to and from work which is almost 5miles. Not the greatest distance but it's a good routine.

Anyway, weighed myself today and I still hadn't put a single pound on apparently. I don't tell clients to use scales really but it was just to see. I genuinely thought I'd put on a few pound.

Even though I'm constantly in the gym/studio, after working ALL day, I just want to get home usually. Going to keep going gym, though.

Aim to do running most days and a weights session every two days or so too.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

As I've said already, I'm a Personal Trainer but also a PE Teacher in a school so had six weeks out of my usual routine. My diet hadn't been too bad until the last two weeks when my girlfriend got some time off too. We was out most nights having a meal and snacking like mad. It's very difficult for me to put weight on (on the scales that is) but I felt awful. Felt like I had a proper gut on me. Went for a 5k run one day last week and sweat buckets which isn't usually like me. I cycle everyday to and from work which is almost 5miles. Not the greatest distance but it's a good routine.

Anyway, weighed myself today and I still hadn't put a single pound on apparently. I don't tell clients to use scales really but it was just to see. I genuinely thought I'd put on a few pound.

Even though I'm constantly in the gym/studio, after working ALL day, I just want to get home usually. Going to keep going gym, though.

Cunt.

I look forward to a night out and put on weight!

This thread is called "sick of being fat", for fatties looking to lose weight. It's not a platform to boast about how you never put any weight on. 

Rejoined David Lloyd on a two week trial today with the intention of signing up once its lapsed. Currently use a gym but it's 30 minute drive away and I know the Lloyd is about £30 pm more expensive but it's less than five minutes from my house.

Forgot my gym trainers so had to drive home first, the wife wanted to take the baby to the walk in with a temperature so I said I'd stay in with the boy until she got back. So far I've eaten a shit load of cookies, some crisp and two rounds of toast. Don't think I'll be going the gym tonight.

#winning

• Upvote 1

I'd love to do the Madcow 5x5 but I've had lower back problems for about a year, which started with my squats. Hurt it quite bad last October, then again last month. Had physio and it's a lot better now, but my posture is cr*p and my squats and deadlifts form is bad and obviously has been for years. Tried deadlifts yesterday - was going well until I put a half decent weight on, then felt the pull in my back. Never been a huge squat lifter, but it's obviously a great exercise (if you do it right and don't try and paralyse yourself).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd lost 3.5 stone plus whilst in Dubai and it's steadily been put back on ever since coming back.

Change in weather, lifestyle and access to alcohol have all contributed to this.

What with going away over Christmas, NY and my birthday I wanted to shed a stone quick time.

So I've been swimming twice a week with work, cut out eating shite apart from Friday night and knocked the cider on the head.

Lost 9lb in 2 weeks.

Im making a appointment with the doctor next week as i want them to check my TSH and T4(Thiroid) levels checked. My weight i starting to creep up but im not eating any shit at all. Only drink water or squash,barring the odd coffee. Makes no fucking sense at all. Im not at the gym at the moment but im not eating much except soup and veg + fish. Could also be the insulin which i read causes you to try and store more fats.

I've leveled at about 14st5lb after being over 16st7lb at the start of th year.  Its come off slowly and steadily and I only tend to weigh my myself a couple of times a month so there's probably been ups and downs.  I've reached a point where I'm mostly happy with my weight.  If I can get through the christmas and new year period sub 15st into the new year and then set myself a new weight target I'll be made up. 

I think to make any more significant losses I'd have to alter my diet as any exercise I do now have to fight off the beer I drink.  I've reached the point where as long as I do my 2 or 3 runs a week I can drink and eat what I want and stay the same. 

I'd lost 3.5 stone plus whilst in Dubai and it's steadily been put back on ever since coming back.

Change in weather, lifestyle and access to alcohol have all contributed to this.

What with going away over Christmas, NY and my birthday I wanted to shed a stone quick time.

So I've been swimming twice a week with work, cut out eating shite apart from Friday night and knocked the cider on the head.

Lost 9lb in 2 weeks.

That's good going, especially seeing as its not keto or anything.

Lost 9lb in 2 weeks.

And he's not sent a dick pic in two weeks.

• Upvote 1