You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

A lot more chance of it staying off than someone that loses it over a month on a crash diet.

Any weightloss is an achievement, so fair play. Continuing to lose half a pound a month over a 3 year period isn't to be sniffed at.

Will you buy my book?

Flax seeds and oil are the worst as far as estrogenic effects go, also soy which is a very close second, soy milk, tofu things like that. The worst offender in most peoples diets is soy lecithin, because it's in virtually everything, chocolate, cakes, desserts, protein powders, non dairy milks, cereals the list goes on. Men need to watch out for that stuff, women are fine because they are estrogen dominant, but men being testosterone dominant, it can fuck up your body composition.

Spot on that. Also pregnant woman and menopausal women shouldn't eat flax.

I lost 4 st.

The rules are simple. 

1: Minimise carbs: Cut out bread !! Avoid pasta, rice, potatoes.

2:Cut out alcohol .

3:Portion control.

4:Change the way you cook. Grill or use light fry spray. Cut fat off meat. Drain fat off mince etc.

5:Loads of fresh fruit and veg, also as snacks. 

WILLPOWER !!

I lost 4 st.

The rules are simple. 

4:Change the way you cook. Grill or use light fry spray. Cut fat off meat. Drain fat off mince etc.

WILLPOWER !! 30932_3986877_zps132ef719.jpg 319968_10150371449266393_8208027_n_zpsdb

• Upvote 5

I lost 4 st.

The rules are simple. 

WILLPOWER !!

The rules are simple. 

1: Minimise carbs: Cut out bread !! Avoid pasta, rice, potatoes. HEAVY AND CALORIE LOADED

2:Cut out alcohol .HEAVY CALORIE LOADED PLUS THE CALORIES YOU CONSUME MUNCHING WHEN PISSED

3:Portion control.=CALORIE CONTROL

4:Change the way you cook. Grill or use light fry spray. Cut fat off meat. Drain fat off mince etc.REDUCING CALORIES

5:Loads of fresh fruit and veg, also as snacks. LOW CALORIE SNACKS.

WILLPOWER !!

Whatever diet you use whatever exercise you take and whatever foods you consume you cannot lose weight if you consume more calories than you body needs. Excess calories will be stored as fat.

Extra gains can be made by manipulating Fat, protein and Carb consumption depending upon your goals but the simple rule remains true. To lose weight you must be in a calorific deficit.

• Upvote 1

I managed to lose weight by switching to brown bread and still having booze now and then, I don't like the idea of cutting things out of my diet altogether that I enjoy, I think it can be kept up in short bursts but not long term, it's no way to live.

80/20 Section. You don't have to become a vegan monk. We eat clean (primarily paleo) at home. I've never really liked bread and white spuds but Mr C quells his bread craving with occasional slice of gluten free rye bread. Still have a few vinos and meal out.

As Anny says cut the shit out. Slow release foods are key. Pay attention to breakfast. Animal protein plus greens, eggs, avocados etc will help with the cravings for rubbish during the day.

It should be anything but dull. I'm just off to try some avocado chocolate brownies.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

For most active people simply dropping the 6 choc digestives and a packet of crisps you have a day will be enough. Thats about 700 calories. The equivalent of 100g of rice and 250g of mince and a lot less filling.

There is no getting away from this. Dress it up as you like but every 'diet' is just a means to that end

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Work has been shit lately and thougj I survived these latest cuts again (3rd time in under 5 years) I have had enough

Security is never a great job but it paid okay when you do the hours andi fell into a rut especially after injuring myself playing the unmentionable.

It took the doctors amd hospital two years to diagnose the issue and do surgery (4 years back now). I decided I would try to get back in the Navy having regretted leaving late into basic training when I was 18. Went down there the other day and my injury isn't a immediate bar to reentry but I needed to loose weight(I told them I wasn't applying yet as I knew the weight needed off before but wanted advice on if the surgery would bar me rejoining). Anyway started cutting out all the crap in the middle off July and though I have plenty more to go (around 50-60lb to get me back to my weight in training 13 years back) and have lost 16lb so far. The phobe apps have been a great help to log runs/walks to work and working out calories for meals. I'm starting both a local Muay Thai/K1and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gyms once I get back from a long weekend at the end of august and cant wait.

Even if they dont accept the me because of the surgery ill feel a damn site better about myself come Christmas when I have this off. If you have a goal in mind its a bloody lot easier to get up early and do tbe work needed. And obviously to avoid the foods that you think you wsnt to eat.

• Upvote 4

That's some good going Lee.

I've put back on the half stone I lost when I started back at the gym a few months ago. 

I know most will see it as an excuse but I can't get my head into concentrating on losing timber when I go home each night and the mother in law insists I need feeding up. Piles the food on and thinks I need more. I've tried dropping some subtle hints but she's of the generation where she takes it as an insult if you don't eat her food.

As soon as I move out I'll have a month of no meat, hit the gym and swim at least 4 times a week and hope to be down to 14 stone for when I go to Vietnam in January.

Most of it is down to a big drop in foods and sugary drinks.

I had my third slice of bread in around a month yesterday and I can count on one hand the portions of rice/pasta/potato I have had in the same time. I generally live on veg, fruit and a little meat/fish or quorn. Somedays ill have semi skimmed and water protein shake instead of a second meal and unless I am really hungry dont eat any more than a couple of mouthfulls after 4pm.

Plenty of water(I think im keeping Robinson' s in business on my own) and I buy a couple of 80+% dark chocolate bars and can have two squares each day which I bloody look forward to getting home too.

Walking to work either the quick way 3.5 miles or the more scenic route along the Canal 4.5 or 6.5 miles has been enjoyable as I plug into a audio book from audible and aim for around a 16 min mile.

I've put back on the half stone I lost when I started back at the gym a few months ago. 

I know most will see it as an excuse but I can't get my head into concentrating on losing timber when I go home each night and the mother in law insists I need feeding up. Piles the food on and thinks I need more. I've tried dropping some subtle hints but she's of the generation where she takes it as an insult if you don't eat her food.

As soon as I move out I'll have a month of getting shit faced everyday in my boxies while air-guitaring to t-rex and wanking in the living room then practising my war cry for when I go to Vietnam in January.

Oh yes you will mate. 

• Upvote 1

As soon as I move out I'll have a month of no meat, hit the gym and swim at least 4 times a week and hope to be down to 14 stone for when I go to Vietnam in January.

Fuck that, just get Withnail to send you some of his blood.

• 2 months later...

For anyone looking to get stuck in to the LCHF way of doing things, I got sent a link to a Diabetic Cookery Book that was published in 1917! In it, their recipes show that people should stay away from carbs and sugar, and concentrate on proteins and fats. They knew all this 100 years ago!

Pages 8-16 give the list of good and bad foods.

Ancel Keys has a lot to answer for!

https://archive.org/stream/diabeticcookeryr00oppeiala#page/n0/mode/2up

• 2 weeks later...