You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Starting Keto today and went for a run. I'm about three stone from where I want to be but not yet sure on an exercise program. I went running this morning. I'd quite like to get into lifting weights but have never done so and don't know any of the techniques.

Get a 20kg bar then do 4 sets of the following exercises back-to-back (you can youtube them all apart from pull to catch)

Romanian dead lifts

Rows

Press-ups on bar

Pull to catch (this is the middle bit of clean and jerk - hold bar with straight arms, flick up and catch in half squat, then stand)

Shoulder press

Wide squats with bar on shoulders

It gets you fucked and works the whole body. Then gradually add weights. I'm at 27.5kg now and struggling to complete a full 4 sets at 30. It doesn't take long. I love it.

Tips for getting rid of my beer belly without stopping drinking please .....?

weight three or four days a week.couple of half hour cardio sessions and a reasonable diet.

can be done without giving up beer.unless you drink every night.

although leanest i looked in ages was when I cut down drinking to once every three week last year.Sadly that was due to working weekends and now I don't have to work them the no drinking discipline is gone.

Been doing ok lately on the ol' not being a fat arse business.  6ft 3 and 92kgs from my 105kg 3 years ago.  Been drinking a bit more than usual due to certain sporting events of late but just got myself a new bike and been riding that to work and back everyday.  Its like 700cals burned off everyday just for getting to work and back and it clears my head like mad.  

Pyar protein diet, loads of fish, legumes, protein shakes.  Feeling good for it.

I actually do like exercising but its hard to keep it up when you have had a cockend of a day in work etc but I go horse riding twice a week which is surprisingly energetic, plan to keep up the cycling to work and I lift a bit during the week as my legs are mental from the horse riding and big legs, tiny arms is not a good look.

Been going on the sunbeds for 6 mins twice a week and the ladies need to seriously keep their hands to themselves.  Not interested love, go back to your husband.  You can look at my arse but don't touch, innit.  Well, you can touch I suppose, might get a semi.  Who knows.  Feels good feeling good.

Watched a very interesting doco last night on local tele. Kiwis are getting larger, even on low fat diets.

Two "experts" going at each other hammer and tongs - both claiming massive weight loss for their respective studies - one, a low fat approach, one a high fat, low sugar approach. Both Drs saying the other groups risked heart disease and stroke.

I would have thought that simple indicators like blood colesterol and blood pressure readings in both groups, would have clarified things, but nobody thought to produce the evidence!!

There were sports people in both groups, all claiming to be fitter and healthier.

Ive concluded that heart disease and strokes attack randomly lol.

I've now shifted 18lb and its only taken me a tad over 3 years. I can see my book flying off the shelves.

A lot more chance of it staying off than someone that loses it over a month on a crash diet.

Any weightloss is an achievement, so fair play. Continuing to lose half a pound a month over a 3 year period isn't to be sniffed at.

Flax seeds and oil are the worst as far as estrogenic effects go, also soy which is a very close second, soy milk, tofu things like that. The worst offender in most peoples diets is soy lecithin, because it's in virtually everything, chocolate, cakes, desserts, protein powders, non dairy milks, cereals the list goes on. Men need to watch out for that stuff, women are fine because they are estrogen dominant, but men being testosterone dominant, it can fuck up your body composition.

More likely to grow a pair of tits if you drink fuck loads of ale, due to the levels of estrogen in it.

Do you think that would work?

Thought it was reasonably common knowledge. Certain foods can combat it, like (off the top of my head) broccoli and some spices.

I don't think we're talking a particularly pleasant pair, like

Whoosh!