You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

I noticed that as they are both based on the same principle of GI related foods.

The problem of losing weight is all about exercising more and eating less fat.

That is a popular misconception. You need fat. Just the right sort. Olive oil, almonds Cashews. Get em in yer. Just exercise like the devil is chasing you.

This is correct, its not the fat thats the problem, its the sugar.

You should eat carbs(sugar) but try getting as much slow carbs as possible and avoid the fast ones like white bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

This is correct, its not the fat thats the problem, its the sugar.

You should eat carbs(sugar) but try getting as much slow carbs as possible and avoid the fast ones like white bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

I dont know why I said 'fat' generally when we all know that there are good and bad fats.

HDL are generally the good fats and LDL the bad stuff.

Throw up some stats Code

Sick of being stat.

Actually, asking someone to 'throw up' something on a thread with sick in it, is inadvertently appropriate, albeit disgusting.

When that person is Code, who, it is acknowledged eats stats for breakfast, then asking him to throw them up ... well, that's into the realms of bulimia, which is not a recommended weight control plan.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to lose a bit again from Monday, I never get down about putting it on but I want to start playing footy again regulalrly whilst I'm still young (ish) and I can't do that when I'm getting cloer to 17 stone. I'm just going to cut out all the shit, go for a run every night and footy twice a week, my goal is 15, I don't look good being any less than that given I'm pretty tall. There's a competition in work so that's a bit of motivation, awooga.

3lbs from my target weight now. Lost stone and half since New Year by not eating shite and walking over an hour a day to train station and back for work. I lost a shit load of weight a few years back but it crept back up. Definitely won't be making same mistake this time.

Has anyone seen Justin Lee collins, I can't post images now but he's lost 4 stone, crazy, unrecognisable.

He was also arrested last month for stalking a bird he was shagging behind his wife's back. Must be the lack of sugar fucking his brain up.

Don't try to lose too much too soon. Tip the balance in favour of less food, and more aerobic and weight bearing exercise. Watch the results and modify accordingly. My old Yoga Teacher, used to say this: "You are the scientist, and your body and mind are your laboratory"

Ask yourself before eating: "Am I really hungry??"

Don't try to lose too much too soon. Tip the balance in favour of less food, and more aerobic and weight bearing exercise. Watch the results and modify accordingly. My old Yoga Teacher, used to say this: "You are the scientist, and your body and mind are your laboratory"

Ask yourself before eating: "Am I really hungry??"

I just had some fried rice, I asked myself 'am I hungry ??' to which I replied 'yes, yes I am.

I gave up the gym last month and started circuit training 2/3 times a week, after an initial gain in the first two weeks i've lost 6lb (which only brings me back to my january pre massive life stresser weight but hey ho) however, more brilliantly I've also lost 12 inches, yes that's right 12 inches. Sadly 3 of those were from my bust.

Guest The Chimp

Muscle is heavier than fat, would be why that probably happened. So you can lose a fair bit of fat but still be the same-ish weight especially if weights are being used in conjunction with cardio.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else, like me, suffer from going from supreme fitness and looking boss to plumetting to depths of fatness and unfitness in a matter of months, and then back again?

This time a year ago, I was a chiselled piece of iron with a washboard stomach and was running 10k consistently in under 55 mins, which for a big lad is pretty decent I reckon.

Then, a month ago I was horrified to see that I was weighing over 15stone and saw some recent photos looking like a proper fucking lardarse.

Anyway, I joined the gym again and got back on what I call Teh Tom Ross plan.

I was 15 stone 3 and couldn't run 500m!!

4 week's later I'm almost 13.5stone again, have lost 3-4 inches off my waist and put 2 on my chest, and am generally rather quite fit again and back up to running 5k in about half an hour or so, give or take, so getting there.

I'm pretty sure this sort of fitness yo-yoing isn't good for me, so i'm determined to try and keep it up this time.

But is there any real evidence that it's not so good for you?

I'm about 5ft 10 and just over 15 stone myself and dont look that bad.Even when I was 13st a couple of years ago and doing more exercise than now,I used to run about a mile and a half 3 times a week back then and now I am doing that once or twice a fortnight. I've never looked ripped any time in my life but look the same when fitter and fatter.

I think some of us are just predisposed to look a certain way within certain bodily parameters.

I gave up the gym last month and started circuit training 2/3 times a week, after an initial gain in the first two weeks i've lost 6lb (which only brings me back to my january pre massive life stresser weight but hey ho) however, more brilliantly I've also lost 12 inches, yes that's right 12 inches. Sadly 3 of those were from my bust.

Not a single lb off this month, 3" off the thighs though. I'll take that, at least it's not off the bust this time.

Although, as a friend of mine who is a nurse dealing with people with weight problems sometimes tells her more deluded patients....'there were no fat people in Belsen.'

My dad used to use the same line. He still used to accept the chocolate bar I took him every day when we visited.

I've started a keto diet. 3 weeks now (well apart from the last 4 or 5 days) No carbs at all except veg. Tons of meat cheese mayo loads of fat. Dropped a good 10lb in 3 weeks. Almost all fat. I am burning fat and have tons of energy. Did my first 1/2 marathon week ago last Sunday. Without a carb in my body. Also dong the Kris Gethin 12 week weights program.(google it) Strength is going through the roof. Dead lifted twice my bodyweight for 5 reps last week. Had 5 days off and have eaten anything I want back on it this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...