You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Funny how you can find to eat but not to exercise(maybe)

As soon as you come in from work put your recercise clothers on . It is easier to motivate yourself if you are a lready dressed for it .

If you get a p.trainer get one who does not just count sit ups or leaves you to go on the cross trainer for 10 nimutes.

Funny how you can find to eat but not to exercise(maybe)

As soon as you come in from work put your recercise clothers on . It is easier to motivate yourself if you are a lready dressed for it .

If you get a p.trainer get one who does not just count sit ups or leaves you to go on the cross trainer for 10 nimutes.

Right thanks for the advice guys at least I know I am on the right path. When I first left school I was a gym instructor and if I do say so myself was well fit! But times change and even though I know what I need to do to lose weight sometimes having someone else right it down for you and tell you your a fat fuck (thanks carradonna) helps you to reach your target.

Grazywalker- Cannot afford a personal trainer so that one is of the cards.

I come in from work at about 630- the mrs is already has dinner on by this point and we eat between 630 and 7. I then proceed to play with my daughter, she is 1 in a few weeks and then put her to be between 730 and 8. So yes i do need some motivation to do something in the evening cause there is normally a well likeable sporting event on or CSI/

I come in from work at about 630- the mrs is already has dinner on by this point and we eat between 630 and 7. I then proceed to play with my daughter, she is 1 in a few weeks and then put her to be between 730 and 8. So yes i do need some motivation to do something in the evening cause there is normally a well likeable sporting event on or CSI/

In all seriousness before i moved up here i used to go to a private gym that was open 24/7. I used to go in the morning before work started, in my case it was 8 am, all kids with child minder/breakfast club and i'd go there for half an hour swim each day, on the days i had a late shift i'd do a 3 hour session from dropping kids off till i started work. (I used to be about 4 sizes smaller)

What i'm saying is don't let this interfere too much with the limited quality time you have with your family, you'll come to resent it, and if you don't your mrs will. Why not do your work out before you go to work? Most gyms have showering facilities? Get up in the morning go straight there with your work clothes in a bag or what not then once done head off to work?

As a side note, off peak hour membership was a fair bit cheaper too.

In all seriousness before i moved up here i used to go to a private gym that was open 24/7. I used to go in the morning before work started, in my case it was 8 am, all kids with child minder/breakfast club and i'd go there for half an hour swim each day, on the days i had a late shift i'd do a 3 hour session from dropping kids off till i started work. (I used to be about 4 sizes smaller)

What i'm saying is don't let this interfere too much with the limited quality time you have with your family, you'll come to resent it, and if you don't your mrs will. Why not do your work out before you go to work? Most gyms have showering facilities? Get up in the morning go straight there with your work clothes in a bag or what not then once done head off to work?

As a side note, off peak hour membership was a fair bit cheaper too.

Well as I bike to work I have decided to a spinning class on sat morning at 0930 its only 45 minutes but for a non member its £7.50 a seesion. Just spoke to the lady Marlin who said she would give me the first session free. I would have to get a £10 out a week to do this so thinking if I could get the gym membership for £40 a month this may be viable. but money is very tight at the moment- however the money saved on beer and wine can go towards this.

Hammy, when I was 12, I ate 4 meals a day and weighed just over 5 fucking stone. I was proper skinny but I am more defined now. I do exercise a lot as well but this doctor said I exercise too much. Didn't know that was possible.

I too was a very skinny youth.

Shit changes as you get older. Just you wait.

Guest davelfc
Just for the record, thin women are not attractive. Give me a sack of spuds with big knockers and a sense of humour and I'll make them my wife.*

Attraction is subjective.

Im 18 and 1/2 stone. However, I've only got 14% bodyfat...

I first read that and thought you were 18 years old and only half a stone. Obviously I only thought that briefly, but it was an interesting thought nonetheless.

I too have been trying to rid my belly and my chin. I'm only 11 stone like and about 5'8 or 5'9 but about 6 years ago I was 8.5 stone... The belly doesnt suit me. So, I'm jsut eating less, walking up stairs in work instead of lift and drinking less beer. Only had 2 sessions this year and no casual pints.

However, I am also working out a bit, so I don't know whether to expect to lose any weight as such, just look better. Been playing 5-a-side too - can barely run the length of myself but it's getting slightly easier. Need to do more walking when the weather wises up a bit...

Don't end up like this guy. One day there could be bucky young scamps sitting around a campfire telling tales of chunder and pie eating, but it won't be Lard Ass they're talking about - it will be Fowlers God.

You know what to do.

108968_main.jpg

Another 5lbs in a week shifted from my belly this week. Now lost 1st 3lbs since 4th Jan. I've knocked the beer on the head until my stag in March so I reckon that's helped a fair bit.

Just been doing 30 mins on the cross trainer/treadmill, weights and sit ups with a medicine ball every night seems to be doing the job. That, and staying away from starchy foods.

don't diet. Just change the way you live.

It's all well and good eating fucken soup and sald for a few months and losing loads of weight, but you can't keep it up for ever. Go for slow progress - pound or two a week, by simply not eating any processed foods, oils in cooking, brown bread instead of white, drink vodka instead of beer etc

Basically, anywhere you can make a small concession - like no sugar in tea or a yoghurt with your lunch instead of crisps - then make it.

By eating just 500 calories a day less, you'll lose 1-2lb a week, easily.

This way may take a while longer to get to your ideal weight, but at least it'ss sustainable and more importantly, it's permanent.

I'm doing all that Tom, I'm just lucky that when I set my mind to it I can lose weight fairly quickly. I used to love the gym but then I went on holiday, lived like a lord for two weeks, came home and could never be arsed going back the gym again. In the back of my mind I think it's because I know I can lose it all again within a matter of 6 weeks. Once it's off, I can keep it off by following what you've mentioned above, but I can be a proper tit food wise when I can't be arsed for a few months.

At the minute I'm back in the gym 5 times a week and loving it, as well as doing my job which involves a shit load of ****ball luckily enough, and play ****ball twice a week in the evening. And I get free reign in my job so I can hit the gym mornings or afternoons when there's no meatheads or posers in there.

Its been about a week now of me just drinking water and i must say i love it. It was a bit hard not having no beer all weekend but I must say I am begining to crave drinking water. Almost like the amount of water I do have to drink isnt enough.

I have been eating pasta's and rice and stews with veg and stuff and am actually feeling really good about myself. I even turned down cake on sat too.

I've lost a bit of weight in the last Month, I don't agree with the stopping drinking lark though, only in the way I have virtually stoppped 90 % off my drinking in the last 6 months and it didn't make a blind bit of difference, I've stopped eating all fatty foods and sweets, stopped eating white bread, well most bread and that's it. I do some excerise, I reckon I'll be my ideal weight within another two months.

We had company over the weekend and spent a night with a few beers and some takeaway food. Best thing was that I felt really guilty about eating and drinking it so I was in the gym at 9.30am Sunday trying to burn it all off again.

Without wanting to sound a right tart (but actually sounding like one) I like the fact that others are starting to notice. I don't hear the shout "Fuck off fatty!" much anymore. It's more of a "Fuck off tubby!" Progress is progress.

For any of you that may give a fuck i have lost 5lbs in 12 days.

Sounds a bit much that mate. When you lose weight quickly your body 'panics' and starts storing more fat, it will become harder and harder for you to lose and you if and when you do start eating properly again - you will pile it on as quickly as you've lost it. Tom is right, small lifestyle changes are the key. Walk more, cut down on sugar and saturated fat - job's a a good'un.