You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

1. Only have carbs at breakfast time - cereal or porridge is better than toast, but toast is ok too if you limit how much fat you smother on it. Brown bread is usually more calorific than white, but it's full of nutrients which way outweighs the extra calorie problem.

2. Have 3 small meals/snacks through the day rather than a big lunch e.g. piece of fruit mid-morning, salad for lunch (with a bit of protein), piece of fruit mid-afternoon. Avoid bananas - they are well calorific. Grapes are v low in calories and are good for snacking on. This method of having more but smaller meals helps increase you metabolic rate apparently.

3. Evening meal - protein of some kind and veg. Don't have a massive tea though - you don't need the calories when you're winding down at night, unless you're into 5-hour sex sessions.

4. Drink mostly water.

5. Mix your cardio workouts with weight training - building muscle greatly increases your metablolic rate and helps you burn fat quicker in your cardio sessions. btw spinning is a great workout for lower body, but mix it up with the rowing machine and cross trainer so you lose weight all over rather than having toned legs with a belly hanging over them! Also - don't just stick to the gym for your physical exercise as it will get v boring - trying joining a sports club (tennis, badminton, kayaking, climbing, cycling, running).

Basically eat less shit and move more and you'll be fine. I just need to follow my own advice now!

I eat loads and have a high metabolism so I don't put on weight. I think eating breakfast is a good start as it helps balance your diet out more.

Metabolism Schmetabolism. You're just young.

Wait until you hit your late 20's/early 30's and see how your metabolism does if you eat loads and move little.

I'm 6 foot and weight 11 stone 12.

So was I when I was your age.

Just lost five kilos in two weeks, high protein and gym with a lot of cardio.

Diet and training is the only way to do it and if I can stay of the beer the weight will fall off me.

It is staying of the beer that is a daily battle, which I am winning at the moment.

I have been on a diet for about two weeks now and since then I bearly shit at all. I used to be a three-a-day like, no joke. Now, I have a small one in the afternoon, that is all.

I have lost about 5,6 pound though. Mainly eating less and eating healthier. I was probably eating about 2500 calories a day and now I would say I am eating about 1500. Drink at least 2L of water a day too. I don't plan to keep this up, just for a few weeks until my ankle fully heals and I an get back playing football, where I would be training twice a week and a match on a sunday.

journal your calories. and try to stay between an average of 1500-1800 average daily calories. if you eat the right foods you can eat a lot and stay under 1800.

exercise is just as important. cycling is great, but if for some reason you can't cycle just do something to get your heart-rate up.

i'm 6ft 2in, and last january i weighed about 196lbs (i guess that's around 14 stone?). journaling my calories and exercise 30mins/day 4 days/week and i was down to 165-170lbs (around 12 stone) in 6 months. i've held steady around there since then.

Isn't it mad how diets and 'fitness' are getting more and more complicated, yet the country has more of a weight problem that it's ever had.

The whole world is seemingly down the gym every night, and all you get is "don't eat carbs between 2-3 or 7-8pm, and only eat grilled fish before 1.45-2pm."

I can't help but think they had it sorted way back when. Just don't eat too much shite, and try and walk more.

That's what Diane Youdale always said, she used to eat what she wanted (including cock) and then walk it off she said.

600full-diane-youdale-mayhew.jpg

Diane Youdale everybody.

0015-DianeYoudale.jpg

Sexual chocoalte

JetDianePA_468x597.jpg

Jet came to my primary school and I sat on her knee.

Get in. That's what she said.

If I'd have been you mate I'd only be just getting out of jail about now, and my name would ring out among Daily Mail readers everywhere.

"Primetime ITV star in Lord of the Flies-style school outrage"

Any one else give us ant tips or stuff they have done?

Be more active during sex. Wanking just doesn't give as good a work out.

Stop eating toast for breakfast, unless it is brown bread. White bread is a cunt. I love it, but it is a cunt. You also want to vary it up a bit. If you're just eating chicken breast and jackets for dinner, you won't last. Well, it'll be harder.

Try varying your fruit, too. Bananas are fairly calorific.

You're going right with the exercise, though. Try timing yourself and trying to beat that time each day. It'll give you something to do.

That's my lot.

You really are depressing when it comes to food.

Heroin is good for weight loss. Either that or tapeworms.

Tape worm, i think it was tyra banks that uses them for dieting?? Not for after a spaghetti dinner...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

tapeworm.jpg