You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Deadly serious question: David Moyes

Red Mist

Would you consider David Moyes as next Liverpool manager?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider David Moyes as next Liverpool manager?

• Yes. He's a fine manager and would seriously consider him as next boss of Liverpool
    • No. Absolutely no chance in hell I'd ever want to see that bug-eyed twat in charge of Liverpool

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No. I would want a manager that is proven. Nothing to do with him, Everton or any other factor other than the fact that he isn't the right guy.

To be honest, if he wasn't such a completely cunt who hates Liverpool, I wouldn't be too devastated if he became our next manager. He's done well with Everton, he manages to maximise the potential of the limited players he has at his disposal. And unlike Rafa, he gets his team playing with conviction and intensity, which we have completely lacked this season. We could do a lot worse...

He's a very good manager within his own right, and there's a case as to whether he would be able to step up at a bigger club with better players (cue Everton press release). However, I wouldn't consider him, no. He's tainted, and a bit of a classless cunt at times.

Same applies to Martin O'Neill. Though I hate him more.

Guest The Chimp
To be honest, if he wasn't such a completely cunt who hates Liverpool, I wouldn't be too devastated if he became our next manager. He's done well with Everton, he manages to maximise the potential of the limited players he has at his disposal. And unlike Rafa, he gets his team playing with conviction and intensity, which we have completely lacked this season. We could do a lot worse...

I'd agree with that but we're looking for someone to give us that extra bit that marks us from being decent to being the best. I don't think he's got anyway near the skills for that. Expectations at Everton and ours (without wishing to sound arrogant) are very different - wanting to watch committed, good football aside.

I'd say we've been (on average) the third best team in this country for the past five years or so and similarly in Europe. Our expectations (whether they're realistic or not) are to be the best in the country and in Europe, consistently. Moyes is simply looking to get a European place - there's a very big difference there.

I'm also not too convinced he's a purveyor of the beautiful game we'd all ideally like to see. If we're looking for a replacement I think there's much better.

All this said though, the strange thing is that if he was to go to the Mancs (for example) I'm not sure I'd be too shocked if he made all of what I've wrote absolute bollox and he did well.

I'm just not convinced enough to take a gamble on him - not that it would ever happen anyway (as we all know).

Nope. Not a cat in hell's chance. Yes, he's done well with Everton, but in all fairness, and I say this in spite of our current plight, he has never had any world class players to manage, whereas we have such players in our ranks (yes, they are there, somewhere). It's one thing getting the maximum out of players and raising them to above their own level, it's another thing entirely getting world class players to gel, and play well together- just ask Mark Hughes.

Besides, he's a cunt.

Guest The Chimp
Nope. Not a cat in hell's chance. Yes, he's done well with Everton, but in all fairness, and I say this in spite of our current plight, he has never had any world class players to manage, whereas we have such players in our ranks (yes, they are there, somewhere). It's one thing getting the maximum out of players and raising them to above their own level, it's another thing entirely getting world class players to gel, and play well together- just ask Mark Hughes.

Besides, he's a cunt.

Exactly, I mean God bless Susan Boyle's stylist but she's never going to win Miss World is she?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

susan-boyle-makover-photos.jpg