You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time to consider what may happen to Liverpool should Benitez go?

RSM

Babel £11m

Aquilani £20m

Dossena £8m

Almost £40m spent on players who have hardly played since being signed. The money was there, it was squandered by a manager who made the wrong choices.

Its not just about money, its about our owners full stop. Although, the situation also appears to have changed somewhat with regard to the money being provided in the last 12 months as well.

Should that continue, I think my statement is a fair one. If you believe the conditions they currently supply the manager (and will presumably supply future managers) are reasonable then fair enough. We'll have to disagree on that. I am not a big fan of our owners.

I shouldn't really be surprised, but this thread has completely missed the point of the article, for the most part. Shame that everything has to turn into the same simple minded arguments.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Babel £11m

Aquilani £20m

Dossena £8m

Almost £40m spent on players who have hardly played since being signed. The money was there, it was squandered by a manager who made the wrong choices.

Players who have hardly played? Babel is shit and has proved it many times in his many appearances. We all thought it was a good signing when we got him. Aquilani is only after getting fit. Give him a chance.

Its not just about money, its about our owners full stop. Although, the situation also appears to have changed somewhat with regard to the money being provided in the last 12 months as well.

Should that continue, I think my statement is a fair one. If you believe the conditions they currently supply the manager (and will presumably supply future managers) are reasonable then fair enough. We'll have to disagree on that. I am not a big fan of our owners.

I shouldn't really be surprised, but this thread has completely missed the point of the article, for the most part. Shame that everything has to turn into the same simple minded arguments.

So so true. It's actually very frustrating.

And him saying he's not interested unless we get new owners with money hasn't changed your mind? Odd.

I was told, after posting, that Mourinho has said that. Can you provide a link to it or something? Would've been a tad more useful than the above.

And even if he said that, I still don't buy into the argument that being manager of Liverpool FC is such a horrible job - even with the current owners. At very few top clubs in the world would a manager get as big a say in how the club is run from transfers to youth devlopment as Rafa now has.

Surely Rafa will be consigned to 'training and coaching' his team if he ends up at Juventus or Real Madrid. And I'm not sure Mourinho does much else than that and recommending transfers at Inter.

And our squad as a whole is - as Walton Red says - pretty good and underperforming badly at the moment.

I too am worried about what happens if/when rafa leaves. I think i will actually be relieved if it happens in the summer. there is so much shit flying around at the moment, some deserved, some undeserved. But shit nonetheless. My main fear is not in losing Rafa, but in who comes in.

"The club has pull, yes, but the owners possess plenty of push." is an excellent line, an d very very true.

I was told, after posting, that Mourinho has said that. Can you provide a link to it or something? Would've been a tad more useful than the above.

Sorry to jump in but there is no quote. It was reported recently that this was the case from "sources in the city" I believe or it might of been "sources close to Jose".

Regardless I don't want him anywhere near us.

Sorry to jump in but there is no quote. It was reported recently that this was the case from "sources in the city" I believe or it might of been "sources close to Jose".

Thanks for jumping in. It obviously alters things a bit (if it's true).

I still don't like the notion of just accepting the current situation for fear of what we might get, but I understand the point.

To be honest the same goes for the ownership situation. Just saying we need new owners and celebrating the Yanks leaving could be dangerous as there is no guarantees what so ever that the next owners will be better.

The club's future is in the hands of two snakes and I'm pretty certain that future succes on the field won't be anywhere near their list of priorities when choosing who to sell to. In other words, "Yanks out" shouldn't be the objective for the fans, it should be "proper owners in".