You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And yet it's funny how Liverpool as a city is probably much better off financially than it was in the 80s, back then the whole place was covered in grafiti and piss, now there are probably more jobs and places to go than ever before - so by rights social problems now should be less.

The reason they're not IMO, is that the more of an unfair society you live in, the more you get these problems springing up, the less of a self-regulating community you have and the more young lads you have who want a quick fix to gain respect and the money with which to buy shite - because without it they're considered useless and worthless.

This was an interesting graph I saw this week which shows social problems as being almost directly proportional to the inequality in that society.

BBC - Mark Easton's UK: Is inequality iniquitous?

indexhealthsocial_notts.jpg

incomeinequality_oecd.jpg

You will probably be interested in this book. The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better: Amazon.co.uk: Richard Wilkinson, Kate Pickett: Books

It's a book that explores the relationship between inequality and social problems such as teenage pregnancies, violent crime, mental health, imprisonment and addiction. Time after time they show a relationship between inequality and social problems. Britain and the USA are two of the worst, the USA is almost consistenly the worst. In the developing countries, having enough wealth to have food and provide shelter, and access to medical care, having a particular amount of money is vital to happiness but in the developed countries, once you go over that threshold that becomes less of an issue and inequality between the richest and the poorest becomes one of the strongest variables when exploring social discontent. Richard Wilkinson is at Nottingham, and judging by that picture, and having read the book, it's probably his data.

Edited by Dirk

Anthony Harps FUKIN DIRTY HORIBLE SAD TWATS NEED 2 SORT YE EDS FUKIN BUMS BET USE ALL SMOKE STUMPS YE LIL RONGENSS USE ALL MAKIN BLAG ACCOUNTS 2 RITE WA USE AV RITEN U SAD PATHETIC TWATS M8 AV RESPECT YE RATS RIP OBY NEVER 4 GE U LAD EVER TRUE SCOUSER ♥ .... DESE R SADDDD TWATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS M8 WI NO RESPECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody here speak jive?

airplane_jive.jpg

Or this heartwarming story -

Ste listen dont let it bother ye

yer oby was invovled with guns

what fuckin 17 year old lad isnt in Liverpool? ha

there just little gimps who were bullied in skool

who live on a computer egnor it all everyone who new

oby without the guns or whatever new he was a boss lad

with a big heart so fuck all the haters there not worth i...t

this is a page of respect lids not hate hes mum has got to come on

an read this so just dont re- act to them karla girl just delet the comment init

Hmm, well put young man.

Anthony Harps FUKIN DIRTY HORIBLE SAD TWATS NEED 2 SORT YE EDS FUKIN BUMS BET USE ALL SMOKE STUMPS YE LIL RONGENSS USE ALL MAKIN BLAG ACCOUNTS 2 RITE WA USE AV RITEN U SAD PATHETIC TWATS M8 AV RESPECT YE RATS RIP OBY NEVER 4 GE U LAD EVER TRUE SCOUSER ¢¾ .... DESE R SADDDD TWATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS M8 WI NO RESPECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody here speak jive?

airplane_jive.jpg

Or this heartwarming story -

Ste listen dont let it bother ye

yer oby was invovled with guns

what fuckin 17 year old lad isnt in Liverpool? ha

there just little gimps who were bullied in skool

who live on a computer egnor it all everyone who new

oby without the guns or whatever new he was a boss lad

with a big heart so fuck all the haters there not worth i...t

this is a page of respect lids not hate hes mum has got to come on

an read this so just dont re- act to them karla girl just delet the comment init

Hmm' date=' well put young man.[/quote']

Not sure if this lady is on facebook

143526_hvyanz3r6s4_1.jpg

Natural selection will take care of the rest of things

Dont know why but Ive just been reading through all that shite again, seriously depresses me that we have gobshites like that in this city.

It makes a good case for sterilisation to be honest, what the fuck does 'TRUE SCOUSER' mean anyway?

The soft kid barely had hairs on his bollocks, has probably never been out of Huyton and is fucking about with guns, makes me want to fuck off to Australia or somewhere which is something I never thought I would say.

The whole fucking lot of them should be wiped out, we should start doing what they do in the States now and giving them some serious jail time, never mind 5 years for a gun, it should be 10 and 20 if loaded.

I couldnt give a fuck about them being re-habilitated now just as long as they arnt on the streets, fuck the lot of them.

....what the fuck does 'TRUE SCOUSER' mean anyway?

I believe the following requirements are in order :

• You dress in a dark tracksuit and tuck the bottoms into your dirty white socks;
  • You wear either a dirty baseball cap or one of those stupid hats with earmuffs;
  • You talk in strained Scouse accent;
  • You cannot read or write - in fact you cannot even use text speak properly, and insist on putting multiple l's and s's in words;
  • You hang around with other weasley pimple faced scrotes and engage in low level drug dealing;
  • You get yourself a handgun which you don't know how to handle;
  • You refer to yourself as a soldier;
  • You refer to anyone who has the temerity to report a crime you've committed as a 'grass' and act like THEY'VE done something wrong;
  • You end up in a young offenders institution where you get bullied and bummed;
  • You shoot yourself in the face (hopefully).

I believe the following requirements are in order :

• You dress in a dark tracksuit and tuck the bottoms into your dirty white socks;
  • You wear either a dirty baseball cap or one of those stupid hats with earmuffs;
  • You talk in strained Scouse accent;
  • You cannot read or write - in fact you cannot even use text speak properly, and insist on putting multiple l's and s's in words;
  • You hang around with other weasley pimple faced scrotes and engage in low level drug dealing;
  • You get yourself a handgun which you don't know how to handle;
  • You refer to yourself as a soldier;
  • You refer to anyone who has the temerity to report a crime you've committed as a 'grass' and act like THEY'VE done something wrong;
  • You end up in a young offenders institution where you get bullied and bummed;
  • You shoot yourself in the face (hopefully).

That basically describes 90 percent of the male population of Huyton under 18 years of age.

• 10 years later...

Another one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54926389

Stockbridge Village shooting leaves teenager dead

A teenager has been shot dead in a "callous" attack in Merseyside, police have said.

The 19-year-old was found injured in Boode Croft, Stockbridge Village, at about 18:30 GMT on Thursday.

Paramedics provided CPR at the scene but he was later pronounced dead, Merseyside Police confirmed.

A 33-year-old man, from Huyton, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody for questioning.

On 01/02/2010 at 14:46, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They live in a surreal world where they believe they are on the front line of some self-made or in some point non-existant battleground. They have made the area what it is so anything subsequently that happens to them for me is self inflicted ( literally in this case .)

This whole ' Soldier ' shite makes my skin crawl, they are basically justifying their sad existance, go to school, get a fucking job. The Police and the people should reclaim the streets from these fucking sewer rats.

The way they say in the papers, he was someone's Lieutenant and all that shite. 

It can only enhance what the pricks think of themselves and their dickhead gangs. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Stockbridge Village is awful for these scrotes, they basically run the area. It is probably one of the worst places to live in Liverpool and its surrounding areas. I feel sorry for the decent people who live there. 

I live there and it's not that bad. I lived in Fazakerley for 13 years and that was much worse!

The decent outweigh the scrotes by miles, same as most places! You've got the fucking numpties on their unlicensed motorbikes in most big cities and all you can do is wish pain on them! As for these cunts with the knives and guns, fuck them, they won't win!

• Upvote 1