You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

negativity towards Steven Gerrard?

shaunstrudwick

Rafa is playing him when he is unfit

of course Gerrard will say he can play cos he loves the club but it is as clear as day that Gerrard doesn't feel right

why we rushed him back today fuck knows

he needs to be rested and sent for his groin op before he does himself some proper damage

can't believe that some people can't see this

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing badly because he's knows there's nothing he can do.

We're playing like a club who's manager needs to be sacked. Like you've seen for years with countless other teams, no luck, injuries, inept selections, strange signings, weird treatment of players.

It's now becoming more and more apparent by the game that Benitez CANNOT get us out of this. Gerrard knows it. I would if I was playing for him and so would alot of people.

I bet Carragher's greatly fucked off deep down but he's trying to perform each week because he's much more passionate than Gerrard. Gerrard's a strange character in the sense that he can lead on the pitch with his feet but not on it with his mouth or off it all together. They're all showing the effects of a bad season in different ways:

Gerrard - not playing well at all.

Carragher - Looking like he's ready to bite someone's head off at any moment.

Reina - Going mental when we score an important goal.

Kuyt - clapping every 5 minutes to his team mates like a weirdo.

It's a sad state of affairs because of Istanbul but Rafa needs to go, now. There's nothing he can do to stop the rot, that's just the way football is sometimes.

Rafa is being a tit for selecting him, Gerrard is being a tit as well. He's 30 this summer, the kind of age where a niggling injury can lead to the sort of long term damage that takes a season off the end of his career.

The season is a write off anyway, there's no reason for one of our best players to risk following it.

We're playing like a club who's manager needs to be sacked. Like you've seen for years with countless other teams, no luck, injuries, inept selections, strange signings, weird treatment of players.

It's now becoming more and more apparent by the game that Benitez CANNOT get us out of this. Gerrard knows it. I would if I was playing for him and so would alot of people.

I bet Carragher's greatly fucked off deep down but he's trying to perform each week because he's much more passionate than Gerrard. Gerrard's a strange character in the sense that he can lead on the pitch with his feet but not on it with his mouth or off it all together. They're all showing the effects of a bad season in different ways:

It's a sad state of affairs because of Istanbul but Rafa needs to go, now. There's nothing he can do to stop the rot, that's just the way football is sometimes.

i agree with all of this - Rafa needs to go

Rafa is being a tit for selecting him, Gerrard is being a tit as well. He's 30 this summer, the kind of age where a niggling injury can lead to the kind of long term damage that takes a season off the end of his career.

The season is a write off anyway, there's no reason for one of our best players to risk following it.

he loves the club though - must be hard for him to see us in such a bad way - if it was you you'd want to play wouldn't you - even if deep down you knew that it might not be the right decision - you just wouldn't want to let anyone down

Rafa is being a tit for selecting him, Gerrard is being a tit as well. He's 30 this summer, the kind of age where a niggling injury can lead to the sort of long term damage that takes a season off the end of his career.

Write off in terms of trophys, yes. In terms of Fourth place, not at all.

An ego that would have made him not play if he wasn't fit, no?

quite possibly - but i think he's doing it for the right reasons - not for the 'glory' or whatever

he loves the club though - must be hard for him to see us in such a bad way - if it was you you'd want to play wouldn't you - even if deep down you knew that it might not be the right decision - you just wouldn't want to let anyone down

Bollocks. If Rafa can be criticised, thne sure as shit Gerrard can. He's been a fucking embrassment to himself and the club this season. Okay, if he's not 100%(easy fucking excuse), the least he can fucking do is pass a ball to a red shirt, or look at least some bit interested, or even show some encouragement towards his players.

Captain? Leader? My hairy arse.

Yeah, I would want to but with this season in the state it is, I think I'd take the long term view and focus on making sure I was right for next season, especially since there won't be much of a break this summer.

I'm not Stevie though. I think this is one occasion I'd like to see him make a decision with his head instead of his heart.

Write off in terms of trophys, yes. In terms of Fourth place, not at all.

You're right Robbie, it's just hard to get worked up about fourth, especially after that. Playing like he is though, I don't think Stevie is going to be what makes the difference one way or the other.

Bit in bold made me laugh because it is so very true, and indeed weird.

I'm sick of the "Gerrards not totally fit" argument now though. I think he's as fit as he can be and he's simply been shit this season.

id rather have a shite steven gerrard than a superb (insert any liverpool players name apart from nando) any fucking day.if theres one player who deserves one bad season in the history of world football..........................surely its liverpools number 8?

Get a grip.