You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano and Lucas the midfield meistros!

Funkasy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are without a doubt the worst "pair" of central midfielders I can remember at Liverpool. They just don't work together. Mascherano is a good player generally but I disagree on Lucas. Lucas has made one successful forward pass all match. He's utter shit and completely hopeless. I was lost for words when the match ended and I realized Rafa has kept him on the pitch and didn't bring in Aquilani. Sometimes I think that Rafa's taking the piss out of us with his insistence that Lucas is a football player, and the more I mention it, the more I feel that the fact Lucas is utter utter utter shit hasn't been emphasized enough in the internet and the entire universe to properly highlight the truthfulness of that statement.

No, no, remember, Opta Stats say they pass and tackle all the time, which makes them undroppable.

I mean, 5 yard passes from side to side are what you need to break down teams like Wolves....

Moving out of sarcastic mood... Rafa said when he signed AA he planned to play him ahead of either Lucas or Masch, just behind Stevie. Why the fuck isnt he then?

Laughing stock to the rest of the league.

Couldnt agree more. All the hard graft we put in against Spurs counts for very little now as its 2 points dropped. I know what Rafa is going to say 'The players were working hard and we were controlling the game'. We werent Rafa we were playing fucking Wolves and you didnt have the bollocks to play a midfielder you spunked 20 million quid on. Even when it was obvious that there was fuck all creativity coming out of our midfield you shit out and played for the draw. Decisions like this cost us the league last year and will end up with us finishing 6th at best this season.

It was about three weeks ago, somebody posted "Lucas just gets better every week" and he was serious.

Seeing as Stevie is just absolutely useless in his attacking position this season, I think he should be brought back to just keep it ticking in midfield. There is no centre midfield outlet for any of our players. That is why there is so many long balls now, and very few when Xabi played.

I don't know why I am saying this as majority of the people on here, who has sense, realise this.

At the moment, I would go with:

---Mascherano---

Gerrard---Aquilani

That way, we certainly will have a bit more guile and whatever Lucas does, I am sure Gerrard can do and seeing as Gerrard is so rusty going forward, give Aquilani a turn.

It was about three weeks ago, somebody posted "Lucas just gets better every week" and he was serious.

Thats just madness.

If anyone wants to check out the Lucas thread on RAWK.

Seriously, you really should just for the fun of it.

Alot of them think hes our best player. No joke.:(

To be fair, no central midfielder in the world would dominate for us tonight. As someone said in the match thread. It was a game of volleyball.

That is because there was no outlet in the middle of the park for any of the defenders to give the ball too. Xabi found space naturally and collected the ball and played simple passes forward. Tonight was one of the most obvious performances of how we missed him.