You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

Rafa is in a win win situation at the moment imo.

He still has the vast majority of fans behind him,thus making it almost impossable to sack him.

The owners know if they do get rid of him then the fans who have no opinion on them,would turn against them.

I just think that Rafa should come out at the end of the season and say exactly what is going on at the club.

It might not go down to well with the owners,but it will with everyone else.

Just can't see it happening somehow.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting bit from Marcotti's webchat:

"Red Knights have taken the limelight, but I'm told Purslow is working very hard and things look positive that they'll get some investment... a takeover, however, is not on the horizon as far as I know..."

Another interesting bit from Marcotti's webchat:

"Red Knights have taken the limelight, but I'm told Purslow is working very hard and things look positive that they'll get some investment... a takeover, however, is not on the horizon as far as I know..."

That'd be about the eigth time in four months someone's championed Purslow's investment hunt. Imminent.

Xabi talked to RM from Feb & agreed a £50m contract in April.

During this period, he still played brilliantly against them & in other games for us.

Every single person in any job maintains contacts & listens to potential offers from genuine headhunters.

I would be amazed if Torres & his agent weren't talking to other clubs, just as i bet Rooney or Drogba are.

So no, it wouldn't make me unhappy- it's their job.

Indeed, i dont remember any moral outrage from LFc fans when it was clear who'd replace Ged long before it was announced.

Anyone worth his salt, will always keep his options open.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
That'd be about the eigth time in four months someone's championed Purslow's investment hunt. Imminent.

And have absolutely fuck all to show for it

Guest TK-421
I would imagine the queue to invest with Hicks and Gillett is pretty low though.

I'd imagine the queue to be employed by them is even lower.

I personally don't see what wrong he is doing by keeping his options open. Surely it's only human nature.

I'm doing exactly the same thing myself as I feel some the decision makers I work for are fucking crap.

Maybe Rafa is thinking the same about the decision makers at the club.

We don't know that he's done anything. Atk said he did and then did a runner without sending any links or proof that Rafa had done anything of the sort. Rafa is a smart man, so i doubt this rumour is true at all.

We don't know that he's done anything. Atk said he did and then did a runner without sending any links or proof that Rafa had done anything of the sort. Rafa is a smart man, so i doubt this rumour is true at all.

I personally think (rumours true or not) he would be foolish not to keep his options open.

Did a runner? I cant say who told me it would cause him problems, but I dont make things like this up, I mean who knows If Xabi spoke to madrid in Jan etc etc.

This lad is as honest as any other person I know, he has very strong links to Marcotti.

Now for those who say Rafa is keeping his options open etc dont blame him, what are lot on about? Is it ok for everybody employed at the club to start looking elsewhere.

We have the worst owners in the world, the club is on its knees and The Manager is giving Juve the old nod, Well I expect a hell of a lot more from my manager, Supporters marched for him when they found out the owners had gone behind his back, people disgusted in it, Yet now that Rafa does it, its "dont blame him".

Its wrong and an insult to LFC.

Everything that is happening at the club is an insult to how it is meant to be run.

There isn't much to like about the club at the moment and some of the old boys above like Shankly and Paisley would be disgusted with what is going off at their beloved Liverpool.

I must admit im surprised Rafa has stayed as long as he has but at the moment must admit i wouldn't mind us having a clean start in the summer meaning a new manager and owners.

I have no doubt in my mind the owners will get investment, probably when the season has finished (investors will want to see what is happening regards 4th place) so i doubt they will be going anywhere quickly.

Did a runner? I cant say who told me it would cause him problems, but I dont make things like this up, I mean who knows If Xabi spoke to madrid in Jan etc etc.

This lad is as honest as any other person I know, he has very strong links to Marcotti.

Now for those who say Rafa is keeping his options open etc dont blame him, what are lot on about? Is it ok for everybody employed at the club to start looking elsewhere.

We have the worst owners in the world, the club is on its knees and The Manager is giving Juve the old nod, Well I expect a hell of a lot more from my manager, Supporters marched for him when they found out the owners had gone behind his back, people disgusted in it, Yet now that Rafa does it, its "dont blame him".

Usually I'd agree with you but these are hardly normal times.

He's got two employers who wanted to sack him a while back but backed down when their plans leaked, one of them is said to still want to sack him, both of them have a record of lying whenever it suits them ,they seem to have legged him over in the last three transfer windows and it's probably 50/50 he'll be moved on in the summer regardless of how the season pans out.

I don't really blame him too much.

Edit: And there isn't a player at the club who wouldn't do exactly the same thing if they'd had to put up with a fraction of the shit he's had to put up with.

You're skeptical about one person's rumour, but ask us to believe yours all in one sentence.

I thought that was quite funny actually.

Surely the only people who would get wound up by this are those who buy into the PR schtick that gets trotted out occasionally. Of course Rafa will be touting for work elsewhere, it's not like he sees his current job as the be all and end all for him. If things don't pan out well for us this year, he's got the net spend get out clause with which to salve the concerns of any future employers.

He's not Shankly, and he's not Paisley. It's a job.

You think as a fan but it is these people's jobs.

If a new supplier contacted you & said that they could undercut your old one by 50% you would seriously talk to them.

If a serious headhunter rang me up, I would listen to them.

Every single one of our European Cup winning sides has had an absolutely vital player who gave his all in helping us win it open negotiations with a foreign club whilst still an Lfc player & then leave purely & simply for vastly more money.(Keegan,Souness & Xabi)

I don't blame them & they wouldn't have got those offers if it wasn't for playing so well for us, but they still negotiated whilst nominally our players as soon as the DeutscheMark,Lira or Euros were offered them.

It is to your credit that you care about the club as much as you do but NONE of the players or staff do: to varying degrees it is their employer who may shaft them at some point & they would be stupid to.

It is why our past legends haven't come out & spoken properly against the Yanks.

Enjoy the sport & love the club but you are going to keep being driven mad if you think any of the players or staff involved give a fraction of the fuck that you do when a load of pounds or Euros are thrust at them.

That's fair enough. But don't you think if what you said is true that it would all be over the web by now?