Quantcast
100 Million For Torres - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
higgo

100 Million For Torres

Thinking rationally, taking into account that he's yet to complete a full season in his time here, and if all funds were re-invested back into the team, would you take it?

Why won't he? I don't believe all that PR, he's a ambitous lad and if he stays in England he'll want to win trophies. There's only City who could pay that kind of money, and we could bring in 3 or 4 top players. He's no use to us in the treatment room.

Why won't he? I don't believe all that PR, he's a ambitous lad and if he stays in England he'll want to win trophies. There's only City who could pay that kind of money, and we could bring in 3 or 4 top players. He's no use to us in the treatment room.

Why would he want to go the city then, please explain? Is it cash or trophies , becuase it sounds like your calling him a greedy twat to me?

Yes, selling your best players and buying 3 or 4 lesser players is the way forward. How tall is Hicks in real life, he looks taller on telly but ive never seen him in the flesh?

Yea with us.

Maybe we could let them have him on loan for the remainder of the season, so they can see if he's up to the task. Can't be spending £100M without testing out the goods first, eh?

The thought of seeing Torres in another shirt turns my stomach

Imagine never seeing those long blonde locks bouncing as he celebrates another goal

No more Torres Bounce

Best striker in the world

Footballing Sex

For those reasons ..Im out !!

I'm sure I have somehow installed the Momo username generator app into my brain. I can pretty much tell from the username alone even before he types anything.

Since his latest injury set back, I'll confess I've been thinking the same thing and was actually going to start a thread on it later this evening.

I love Torres and would be loathe to sell him, but if we got a massive bid of c.£80m for him of which at least 75% would be re-invested back into the squad (I know it should be 100% but we doubt that's going to happen), I think I'd take the money.

If the money could be used to get a couple of real quality attacking players like Villa, Fabiano, Ribery, Silva etc, I think it would benifit the squad more having these players rather than just Torres who is only fit 2/3rds of the season.

I know if more money had been made available / spent more wisely in the past couple of summers so that we had more than adequate back up for him, this wouldn't be an issue. However, since it wasn't and hasn't been, this is the situation we find ourselves in.

I know this won't be a popular post and there is a lot of if's & but's in the above, but that's how I feel.

I would probably cry but the thing is, if he was sold him for say £90M and that money was used to buy Benzema, Ribery and Chiellini, people would forget about him.. That is how football works.

But still, I can't stomach the thought of him leaving.

All clubs then would like to get a piece of the cake so they would ask ridiculous prices from us and we would get players at least for 50% more expensive...For this 100 mil. we would buy 2 top or maybe 3 good players.

And not to mention that the americans would give us shit from that 100. Thez would say: " You have Dirky and young David as a backup, isn´t it enough? This money is ours!!!!"