You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

100 Million For Torres

higgo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why won't he? I don't believe all that PR, he's a ambitous lad and if he stays in England he'll want to win trophies. There's only City who could pay that kind of money, and we could bring in 3 or 4 top players. He's no use to us in the treatment room.

Why won't he? I don't believe all that PR, he's a ambitous lad and if he stays in England he'll want to win trophies. There's only City who could pay that kind of money, and we could bring in 3 or 4 top players. He's no use to us in the treatment room.

Why would he want to go the city then, please explain? Is it cash or trophies , becuase it sounds like your calling him a greedy twat to me?

Yes, selling your best players and buying 3 or 4 lesser players is the way forward. How tall is Hicks in real life, he looks taller on telly but ive never seen him in the flesh?

Since his latest injury set back, I'll confess I've been thinking the same thing and was actually going to start a thread on it later this evening.

I love Torres and would be loathe to sell him, but if we got a massive bid of c.£80m for him of which at least 75% would be re-invested back into the squad (I know it should be 100% but we doubt that's going to happen), I think I'd take the money.

If the money could be used to get a couple of real quality attacking players like Villa, Fabiano, Ribery, Silva etc, I think it would benifit the squad more having these players rather than just Torres who is only fit 2/3rds of the season.

I know if more money had been made available / spent more wisely in the past couple of summers so that we had more than adequate back up for him, this wouldn't be an issue. However, since it wasn't and hasn't been, this is the situation we find ourselves in.

I know this won't be a popular post and there is a lot of if's & but's in the above, but that's how I feel.

All clubs then would like to get a piece of the cake so they would ask ridiculous prices from us and we would get players at least for 50% more expensive...For this 100 mil. we would buy 2 top or maybe 3 good players.

And not to mention that the americans would give us shit from that 100. Thez would say: " You have Dirky and young David as a backup, isn´t it enough? This money is ours!!!!"