You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colin Wanker - bitter hypocrite

Chocoholic

Neil Warnock will ask the FA to understand the stress he is under after his fierce criticism of the officials in Sunday's cup tie with Aston Villa.

The Crystal Palace boss called a late decision to avoid the Premier League team a corner a "disgrace" and "absolutely criminal" in a live TV interview.

Refereeing chiefs have backed assistant referee Trevor Massey by selecting him for Monday's Lancashire derby between Blackburn and Bolton.

And Warnock, who called for Massey to be banned, will now explain to the FA his comments were caused by strain of working for a club in administration.

Before tonight's Championship game with Reading, he said: "We are under a lot of stress and strain here. We were three minutes away from a major input in cash which could keep people in jobs. People don't understand what is going off at the moment here. It was the disappointment of not collecting that next round payment on top of everything else.

"There is not much they are disappointed with. There is one sentence that they are asking me to reply to.

"I would like to think they will take into consideration all the circumstances."

QPR want Warnock as their next manager and are prepared to pay Palace £1.5million for his services.

"I have no idea if I will be here at the end of the season - I don't know if anybody knows," said the 61-year-old.

"The administrator has told me my job is insecure. I know of the situation (at QPR) and they are obviously aware of my situation. Every member of staff has to consider their situation."

This bloke makes me vomit. So it's ok to launch a mouthy, bitter tirade against a ref because you've got a bit on your plate at the moment? Part of the job of a manager is to maintain some dignity and to conduct oneself with a bit of decorum isn't it? Tell you what Neil, if you can't do your job how about 'fuck off' then?

As for the QPR comment, never have I seen such a blatent statement of intent at getting the fuck out of a club for a big pay day. I guess most of us would do the same but to start quoting the administrator shows the levels of gutlessness this cunt truly possesses. I've got no love of Palace but I'd imagine their fans must be delighted to hear such commitment from their manager. What a cunt.

I really, really hope he ends up at woodison. Never in the history of football have two entities deserved each other as much as everton and warnock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Haha. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35978155

Neil Warnock: Rotherham boss criticises Bristol City's Lee Johnson

Rotherham boss Neil Warnock has called pre-match comments made by Bristol City counterpart Lee Johnson "an absolute disgrace" after the teams drew 1-1.

The Championship strugglers met at Ashton Gate on Tuesday.

Before the game Johnson, 34, told the Bristol Post: "We have to make sure we win it, whether through aggression, good football or intimidation."

Warnock told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I didn't have to do a team talk, Johnson did it for me yesterday."

The 67-year-old added: "What he said in the local paper was an absolute disgrace. I know he is only a young manager, but I don't think he should be saying things like 'we have to make sure we win, whether we do it by aggression or intimidation'.

"That is almost inciting the crowd and I think that is out of order, personally. Like father, like son."

Johnson's father Gary was manager at Bristol City in August 2009 whenWarnock's Crystal Palace were denied a goal when a Freddie Sears shot hit the stanchion behind the goal and bounced back into play, with the referee erroneously awarding a goal kick.

Warnock was angered at the time that Johnson did not allow his team to score an uncontested goal.

The Robins, for whom Lee Johnson was an unused substitute, went on to win the game 1-0 with an 89th-minute goal from Nicky Maynard.

Tuesday's point for his current side lifted Rotherham six points clear of the Championship's relegation zone.

He gets so offended by things other managers and teams do, yet weirdly there are hardly ever any examples of him or his teams doing the opposite in similar situations.

This is a guy who got a game abandoned by asking one of his players to milk an injury after 3 of his players had been sent off, he'd already used all his subs and had another player go off injured, thus reducing his side to 6 men. You can't play with fewer than 7 players on a team according to the rules, so he manipulated that situation. Yet he likes to point out how he was a former referee himself and knows the rule book off by heart, and never berates officials.

He had a go at Rafa for fielding a weakened team during a defeat at relegation-threatened Fulham because Rafa was prioritising the upcoming Champions League final, because it meant his team Sheffield United were relegated. No mention of fielding weakened teams himself against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea, or the fact that his team had been on the slide since around November of that season - the way all Warnock teams in the top flight fall away as the season progresses.

Hes a bitter man. Best ignore. 

Whenever he's on the telly he tries to portray an affable exterior, but if you have a tough question or say something he doesn't like, he shows his true colours. 

Like all bitter people he has a long memory. He's found his level in the lower leagues. The times he has led teams out in the top division have been blips in his career. He's a bitter, old, scrapper - more suited to leading his team out in a grudge Sunday League match. 

• Upvote 1

He's quite touchy about it. I would have had my arse handed to me for sure.

With any luck he would have just accepted you allowing him to make an uncontested observation on what a ridiculous cuntox the godfather of your child is, as retribution.

It is, after all, only what Colin would want.

This is a guy who got a game abandoned by asking one of his players to milk an injury after 3 of his players had been sent off, he'd already used all his subs and had another player go off injured, thus reducing his side to 6 men. You can't play with fewer than 7 players on a team according to the rules, so he manipulated that situation. Yet he likes to point out how he was a former referee himself and knows the rule book off by heart, and never berates officials.

Is this true?  I mean, I know you can't play the game below a certain number of players, but I always thought it went into the books as a loss if it happened.  

Surely that can't be right that the result isn't simply given to the team with enough players.  Otherwise why wouldn't any team that suffers a first half red card simply go out and have several of their players feign injury or get red cards until they're down to 6 and the game is abandoned?