You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colin Wanker - bitter hypocrite

Chocoholic

Nice to see the bitter twat being called on this one

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Neil Warnock: ‘Mick McCarthy’s doing a great job at Wolves - and I hope he gets a great result against Liverpool FC now’

WHAT short memories some people have.

Or maybe selective would be a better word.

Take Neil Warnock, the former Sheffield United manager now of Crystal Palace.

After seeing his side come within minutes of gleaning the full benefit from Wolves boss Mick McCarthy’s decision to make seven changes to his team for their FA Cup tie on Saturday, Warnock commented: “Don’t give me all that bull about weakened teams.

“They can’t pick on Wolves can they?

“Mick’s doing a great job and they’ve got a great chance of staying in that league, make no mistake. He’s not going to jeopardise that.

“I hope he gets a great result on Tuesday now and the lads who haven’t played play really well for him.”

Tuesday, of course, being Wolves versus Liverpool at Molineux, the Premier League fixture that forced McCarthy’s hand at the weekend.

Now here’s what Warnock said in May 2007 after Rafa Benitez exercised his right to make changes to his team that travelled to Fulham, one of the club’s battling with the Blades for top-flight survival at the time.

“I didn’t even know two of the players that played for Liverpool at Fulham last week.

“I’d never heard of them but when you are a foreign manager like Rafa Benitez, you probably don’t give two hoots about what Sheffield United think.

“It’s a long journey to Fulham, so the players are probably better off at home with their feet up.

“You are bound to feel bitter about the circumstances in our relegation but it’s not going to get us back in the Premiership.

“You just have to get over the bitterness and move on but it’s difficult at the moment.”

Getting over it proved a problem for Warnock as he later – a year later, in fact – added to his rant when he said ‘personally I hope Liverpool never win another trophy under Benitez.’

Given his public support for Wolves tomorrow night, Warnock’s stance on Liverpool appears to remain the same, despite his apparent change of heart on a manager’s prerogative to field a weakened side.

The difference, of course, is that three years ago, Fulham’s 1-0 win over Liverpool helped the Cottagers stay up while Sheffield United were relegated.

With at least fourth spot and a place in the Champions League final secured, Benitez gambled at Craven Cottage and lost, just as Manchester United did that season when they also lost to West Ham at Old Trafford a week before their FA Cup final against Chelsea.

Like Fulham, the Hammers stayed up, although Warnock went somewhat easier on Alex Ferguson. One shan’t upset a knight of the realm now.

In Warnock’s world, it seems squad rotation becomes a problem only when it impinges on his team’s fortunes.

On Saturday, it took a late strike from Wolves defender Ronald Zubar to earn a 2-2 draw and force a replay at Selhurst Park, the revenue from which will be more than welcome at cash-strapped Palace.

With Premier League safety a priority for Wolves this season, McCarthy left out a host of first-team regulars.

Marcus Hanemann, Jody Craddock, Stephen Ward, Nenad Milijas and Kevin Doyle will all be back in contention for Liverpool’s visit tomorrow.

Amid accusations of devaluing the FA Cup, McCarthy was forced to defend his team selection on Saturday, with which he gave a frank assessment of the situation.

“I had no hesitation in making the changes,” he said.

“Of course, I had one eye on Tuesday’s game against Liverpool but I still think that team that played was strong enough.

“If anyone had a team like that in the Championship they would be thrilled.

“Forcing a replay is better than us being out of it but we have missed our best chance to go through.

“But we want to be in the FA Cup and we are. We’ve just got another game to play. There’s no point whinging about it.”

McCarthy has got history here.

The Wolves boss came under-fire for sending a reserve side to Old Trafford last month, his reasoning being that the following match against Burnley was more important in the grander scheme of things.

A 3-0 defeat to United was soon forgotten after a 2-0 win over the Clarets.

McCarthy will be hoping for the same effect against Liverpool to avenge a 2-0 defeat at Anfield on Boxing Day.

Wolves arrived with a full strength side that day and goals from Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun came only after the visitors were reduced to 10 men following Stephen Ward’s second yellow card in the 53rd minute.

While Benayoun and Fernando Torres are definitely out of the trip to the midlands, Gerrard will face a late fitness test to assess his recovery from a hamstring strain picked up in the FA Cup defeat to Reading under a fortnight ago.

A pair of thick Yorkshire bastards helping each other out. By twatting Wolves we can sicken both morons. McCarthy is an idiot but Warnock is consumed with an impotent rage against Liverpool that is eating him like a cancer. I hate myself for it, but I wish it were a real cancer that the cunt had - in his fucking mouth.

pedwarnockbilo.jpg

Cor! I'm made up, me! Can I just say that in all my years of bitterness, I've won plenty of praise over the decades for how fantastically bitter I've been, but I've always been a wee bit bitter about certain people not showing proper respect for just how bitter I've become, so to get this, the ultimate accolade, of my own bitter bluenose shirt, well, I'm absolutely thrilled, me. I'm flippin' ecstatic! I feel I've earned it, but it's still a flamin' humbling honour. It's like the Oscar of bitterness! I'm filling up, me!

I can't dislike McCarthy. He's one of my favourite managers at the moment, possibly because he comes across as a reasoned human being and not some massive knobhead like most of them do.

Flabbergasted by the once great stu monty.

I would neg you but you probably wouldn't feel it.

Flabbergasted by the once great stu monty.

I would neg you but you probably wouldn't feel it.

I just like that he doesn't go moaning about refs every game. His defender was blocked off by the ref last week for a goal and he just shrugged it off with a joke. What's your issue with him Elvis?

I just like that he doesn't go moaning about refs every game. His defender was blocked off by the ref last week for a goal and he just shrugged it off with a joke. What's your issue with him Elvis?

I dont really have an issue i just think he's a snidey fucker , and turning up at Manu just to roll over and die was dispicable.

No big deal though , onwards and upwards !

More despicable than when we put second strings out to rest players for big games?

But surely games dont come much bigger for a wolves fan , than Manu away in their first season back in the top flight?

I could be wrong , but we haven't really done anything similar, besides in league cup games have we ?

If he had done that near the end of the season and we were in with a shout of the title , i would be well pissed off.

But surely games dont come much bigger for a wolves fan , than Manu away in their first season back in the top flight?

I could be wrong , but we haven't really done anything similar, besides in league cup games have we ?

If he had done that near the end of the season and we were in with a shout of the title , i would be well pissed off.

The thing is, he's doing exactly what everyone else does, in that he's prioritising the important games for his club. It really isn't any different to us putting Pellegrino et al in the line-up when we were on the way to Istanbul. It's the gaffer looking after his own club. McCarthy's getting shit because he's playing a second string in an unimportant game, and as mental as it sounds that game is one of them because winnable games are more important to him.

If you think playing a weak team is wrong no matter who does it then that's your perogative but you can't say it's okay for the big teams with massive squads but not okay if you've just come up, because your reserves are shit. Everyone get 38 games to do what they want with, in my opinion, if you miss out on whatever your objective is then it's your own fault and you shouldn't be begging for favours from others.

The crap that Colin has thrown in our direction has served his primary purpose in that nobody seems to remember that he managed to grab relegation out of the jaws of safety with an abysmal run-in. Even on the last day he simply needed to avoid defeat at home to Wigan & ballsed it up

How he had the brass-necked cheek to discuss personal legal action for financial compensation against West Ham fair took the breath away.

The crap that Colin has thrown in our direction has served his primary purpose in that nobody seems to remember that he managed to grab relegation out of the jaws of safety with an abysmal run-in. Even on the last day he simply needed to avoid defeat at home to Wigan & ballsed it up

How he had the brass-necked cheek to discuss personal legal action for financial compensation against West Ham fair took the breath away.

He's a complete cunt and they did go down because they didn't do enough but the fact that West Ham bent the rules sideways with Tevez left them open to be bummed by Sheff Utd in my opinion. The claim that they wouldn't have stayed up without his goals is a pretty fair one. Didn't West Ham actually lose when the issues went to court? I'm sure they had to pay Sheff Utd compensation.