You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milan Jovanovic offered 3 year deal

WaltonRed

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 3 million quid in 1999 is around 9 million these days.

2. He didn't come for free.

3. Comparing the Dutch league with the Belgian league is like comparing Foster's with Carlsberg, or lemon juice with piss.

4. I've seen far too many false dawns to get my hopes up on this freebie, the latest of which are Voronin and Degen. Truly fucking shite.

What would that of made Veron in todays money then?

About a 150 million?

Apparently there's a lot of talk in the Serbian media that we're getting Milos Krasic for £12m as well. He's always impressed me when I've seen him

He's average at best (never seen him play).

Apparently there's a lot of talk in the Serbian media that we're getting Milos Krasic for £12m as well. He's always impressed me when I've seen him

From the limited times I've seen him play (certainly not enough to have a definitive opinion of him), he looks a very talented player, and one who would fit into our system perfectly. However, did Madrid not have a £16m bid rejected from CSKA last January? Obviously their may be contractual issues, etc, as to why the price quoted is lower, but I would expect someone like him to go for more money, especially as CSKA don't need to sell their best players. They got close to £20m for Jo for fuck sake!

Torres, Jovanovic, Kuyt, N'Gog should be okay for next year.

If we can add to the support we hopefully will not have the problems that we have had this year if Nando is out. Ellia and Silva, with Pacheco coming through, possibly Amoo and the Finn as well and it looks a little bit more promising, me thinks.

Serbia's Milan Jovanovic to join Liverpool in summer

Standard Liege forward Milan Jovanovic will join Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer, the Belgian club have confirmed to BBC Sport.

The 28-year-old had been linked with AC Milan, Juventus and Valencia.

But he told Belgian newspaper Sporza: "We have reached an agreement for three years, with the option to extend with another season.

"I opted to sign for Liverpool because they're one of the biggest teams in Europe - definitely in the top 10."

Jovanovic joined Standard in 2006 and helped them win back-to-back titles in 2007-08 and 2008-09, while he has scored 12 goals in 23 games to date this season.

The striker, who rejected a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid last year fearing he would not be a regular first-team choice, added: "I'm absolutely delighted that the deal is completed.

"From now on, I can focus on Standard Liege again. I want to leave the club in a good way."

Jovanovic, who has also played for Shakhtar Donetsk and Lokomotiv Moscow, made his international debut for Serbia in a 2-0 win over Finland in June 2007

BBC Sport - Football - Serbia's Milan Jovanovic to join Liverpool in summer