You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milan Jovanovic offered 3 year deal

WaltonRed

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez confident Jovanovic will be joining Liverpool - IMScouting

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has said he is confident that Serbian striker Milan Jovanovic will be joining the Merseyside giants on a free transfer in the summer.

Benitez said after Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Merseyside rivals Everton yesterday: "Nothing is sorted yet, but I'm confident it will be."

Reports last week claimed Liverpool had completed a deal for the Standard Liege striker but there has been no confirmation and the likes of AC Milan, Juventus, Birmingham and Valencia are all still tracking the striker.

It had been claimed that Jovanovic had signed a three-year contract with Liverpool worth around £10million with an option of a further season.

This season Jovanovic has scored 12 goals in 23 appearances and also chipped in with three assists. The Serbian international (23 caps, 10 goals) has now hit double figures for Standard Liege in the past four seasons.

The 6ft striker will provide Liverpool with attacking options as he can also play down the left.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Jovanovic agrees Reds move

Serbian international Milan Jovanovic has agreed to join Liverpool this summer, according to his agent.

A number of clubs across Europe have been chasing Jovanovic, who is available on a free transfer when his contract with Standard Liege expires at the end of the season.

Valencia, AC Milan and Juventus were all thought to be keen on acquiring the attacking midfielder, but Jovanovic's representative, Zoran Stojadinovic, has revealed the 28-year-old has been convinced to move to Anfield by Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

"We have spoken with Rafa Benitez and he convinced us about his project for the club," Stojadinovic told the Daily Mirror.

"Milan speaks the language and adaptation will not be a problem for him when he moves to England."

Jovanovic is set to sign a three-year deal at Anfield and the news is a boost for Benitez after seemingly missing out on another free agent Marouane Chamakh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll look forward to watching him at the World Cup.

Is he better than Voronin or Degen or Nunez or the other free pile of shit that we've accumulated over the years? Read somewhere that he scored something like 50 goals in around 130 games, as a striker, in a shitty Belgian league. Awe-inspiring stuff.

You must be relieved Sir Alex hasn't signed him for your team.

Is he better than Voronin or Degen or Nunez or the other free pile of shit that we've accumulated over the years? Read somewhere that he scored something like 50 goals in around 130 games, as a striker, in a shitty Belgian league. Awe-inspiring stuff.

He's deffo a better striker than Degen and Nunez!

Guest PurpleNose

52 in 107.

Wht a diabolical post.

Hyypia was a central defender in the shitty Dutch league and cost, what, 3m. Awe inspiring, that.

This shite about 'he was cheap, so he must be shit' really pisses me off. Let's wait and see, shall we, and give the lad a chance.

Wht a diabolical post.

Hyypia was a central defender in the shitty Dutch league and cost, what, 3m. Awe inspiring, that.

This shite about 'he was cheap, so he must be shit' really pisses me off. Let's wait and see, shall we, and give the lad a chance.

1. 3 million quid in 1999 is around 9 million these days.

2. He didn't come for free.

3. Comparing the Dutch league with the Belgian league is like comparing Foster's with Carlsberg, or lemon juice with piss.

4. I've seen far too many false dawns to get my hopes up on this freebie, the latest of which are Voronin and Degen. Truly fucking shite.

1. 3 million quid in 1999 is around 9 million these days.

2. He didn't come for free.

3. Comparing the Dutch league with the Belgian league is like comparing Foster's with Carlsberg, or lemon juice with piss.

4. I've seen far too many false dawns to get my hopes up on this freebie, the latest of which are Voronin and Degen. Truly fucking shite.

Fuck sake.

The chap is being written off before he even confirms he's signing for us.

Remember people writing Nando off when we got him first? Give the lad a chance and then have your say instead of tarring him with the same brush as Voronin and Degen.

Done some searching now and thats what hit me too, injured or simply not good enough for Shakhtar Donetsk and Lokomotiv Moscow.

His record in Belgium so far is 14, 16, 12 and 10 goals, not sure how good that is and what it reflects, but these are the top scorers in Belgium the last 20 years, so people can draw their own conclusion,

Without ever having studied him my guess is that he is average at best.

If he was of liverpool standard I would instantly know who the player was at the age of 29.

1990-91 Erwin Vandenbergh Gent 23

1991-92 Josip Weber Cercle Brugge 26

1992-93 Josip Weber Cercle Brugge 31

1993-94 Josip Weber ° Cercle Brugge 31

1994-95 Aurelio Vidmar Standard Liège 22

1995-96 Mario Stanić Club Brugge 20

1996-97 Robert Špehar Club Brugge 26

1997-98 Branko Strupar Genk 22

1998-99 Jan Koller Lokeren 24

1999-00 Ole Martin Årst Gent, Toni Brogno Westerlo 30

2000-01 Tomasz Radzinski Anderlecht 23

2001-02 Wesley Sonck Genk 30

2002-03 Cédric Roussel Mons, Wesley Sonck Genk 22

2003-04 Luigi Pieroni Mouscron 28

2004-05 Nenad Jestrović Anderlecht 18

2005-06 Tosin Dosunmu Germinal Beerschot 18

2006-07 François Sterchele Germinal Beerschot 21

2007-08 Joseph Akpala Charleroi 18

2008-09 Alfonso Ruiz Westerlo 18

He played against us two years ago, he was Serbia's top scorer in a brilliant qualifying campaign for them despite playing left-mid for the whole campaign. If you don't know him it's a sign of your ignorance more than anything else

Reading obviously isn't your forté