You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard back for Wolves?

zigackly

I'd have him on the bench, no point rushing him back just for the sake of it. Kuyt should stay up front after his two goals with Aquilani just behind him. I'd also keep Riera in.

The main question would be whether he puts carra back into the middle and Degen to right back to allow Maxi a start or keeps the same team.

There's an argument for keeping the same team that showed so much fight.

I'd have him on the bench.

When all are fit, I'd play him in CM with Mascherano, put Maxi on the right, Reira on the left and Aquiliani behind Torres. Back four of Johnson, Carragher, Agger and Aurelio. That's the best team we have, and it should be good enough to get us to 4th..

Degen has earned another game imo. Stick him at right back with Maxi ahead of him. Lets have two up front (Kuyt/Babel/Ngog), Riera on the left and Masch and Aqualini dicating things in midfield. I want to see us taking the game to shite like Wolves instead of sitting off and falling into this annoying trait of inviting weaker teams on and making them look really good.

If Bascombe's exclusive is accurate, please can someone explain why Gerrard hasn't had an operation last week, when the recovery period was estimated at around 2 weeks. Surely all these pain killing injections can't be right, does him no good or us. Is this his choice or the club's ?

Now does he play the role behind a lone striker - given Aquilani looked better in this role than he did in centrew midfield.

Or does he take one of Lucas / Mascherano's places in centre midfield?

Decisions, decisions for Rafa. He could play on the right, but I'm not sure whether his ego could take that.

Stick him on the bench.

Too many times this season we've had 9 fit players trying to carry 2 injured ones (in Torres and Gerrard). When Gerrard plays we try to put everything through him and unsuprisingly, when he's not fit, he's not up to it. Start the 11 who played against Spurs and let them build up some form together. Ditto Agger, Johnson and Bennie.

If we need him for 20 minutes at teh end, then so be it. Gerrard hjas battled little niggles all through his career, let him rest this one properly.

Guest davelfc

Catch 22 really, teams target Gerrard because if you keep him quiet then it tends to keep the rest if the team quiet. When he doesn't play they haven't got a clue who to try to keep quiet and we can benefit from that.

But nobody can keep a fully fit Gerrard quiet, so yes I'd bench him and ease him back as quickly as possible. Even an 80% fit Gerrard is unstoppable.

Rafa Benitez today revealed captain Steven Gerrard will be available for Tuesday night's trip to Wolves.

Related Links

The skipper returned to full training this weekend after two weeks out with a hamstring problem.

Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "He was training on Saturday and then a full training session on Sunday, and today was the same.

"Normally he's someone who, if available, can play. We'll decide later but I think he can be available. We'll decide tomorrow."

Gerrard injury latest - Liverpool FC

Guest ShoePiss
i think it's teh same underlying problem personally

and i know that not everyone on this board supports England but i'll be a bit fucked off if he isn't properly fit for the world cup

Yeah that's my immediate thought too, how will this affect England?

It's such a mystery that you are in the red as far as reputation is concerned. I just don't get it.

Do we know if this is the same injury that has hampered him all season or a separate niggle?

I hope it's the former and that this 2 weeks goes some way towards clearing it up cos his form has been a problem for us. He just seems to have had less energy and ability to get out of third gear.

I've often thought this season that in his current state then he might be better off in centre mid where his passing skills will be of benefit to us as opposed to the SS role where he needs to be more mobile and explosive.

Tomkins reckons we've not played Aquilani, Torres and Stevie for more than 30 mins this season - i reckon when Aquilani can get a fit pairing of them two darting about in front of him we'll be laughing.

I'd have him on the bench.

When all are fit, I'd play him in CM with Mascherano, put Maxi on the right, Reira on the left and Aquiliani behind Torres. Back four of Johnson, Carragher, Agger and Aurelio. That's the best team we have, and it should be good enough to get us to 4th..

Agree........but he'll never drop Kuyt