You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neville is "Boot-licking moron" - Tevez

RoboRiise

Carlos Tevez launches explosive attack on 'boot-licking moron' Gary Neville

Thursday 21 January 2010 17.32 GMT

Carlos Tevez has launched an incredible new attack on Gary Neville, accusing his former Manchester United team-mate of being a "boot-licking moron" after their confrontation during the Carling Cup semi-final first leg on Tuesday night.

The Manchester City striker described his side's 2-1 victory in the match at Eastlands as "revenge" and said his provocative goal celebration had been directed only at Neville and not Sir Alex Ferguson or the United fans. He said: "Ferguson loves me."

Before the game Neville, the United right-back, had said Tevez was "not worth" the £25m it would have cost the club to keep him last summer. Tevez made a gesture towards Neville after scoring his first goal, from the penalty spot. The *England veteran responded by raising his middle finger.

Speaking in a radio interview on ESPN Argentina, Tevez said: "My celebration was directed at Gary Neville. He acted like a complete sock-sucker [boot-licker] when he said I wasn't worth £25m, just to suck up to the manager. I don't know what the hell that idiot is talking about me for. I never said anything about him.

"I will never show a lack of respect towards anyone. Just as I was running off to celebrate the penalty I had scored, I came across Gary and I said to myself: 'Shut your trap, keep quiet.' I didn't go overboard in my celebration and it was directed at Gary, not at Ferguson and not at the fans. I think he did the wrong thing because I was his team-mate and I never said anything bad about him. He was *saying that Ferguson was right when he said that I wasn't worth £25m, when he was saying this and that ... I always respected Neville."

Tevez's outburst will do little to dampen tension ahead of next week's second leg after the Football Association and Greater Manchester Police appealed for calm.Despite living in England for four years, Tevez speaks little English. His comments on Wednesday to the British media, accusing Neville of being "disrespectful", were released through representatives. In his native tongue, he made his feelings clear. He said: "I was at lunch with the players in the team hotel and all the papers were laid out. I read them – well, 'read them', obviously I don't read [English].

"My team-mates were asking what I thought. And I wondered to myself: what's the tarado [moron] talking about me for when I never said anything about him, when there was never any [issue] with us. It was a lack of respect for a compañero [fellow *footballer], aside of the fact that we had won a lot of things together.

"You have to do your talking on the pitch. I don't talk much in England – mainly because of the language. I don't like to get involved in conflict. I'm happy because I know what I am. Thank God I had the chance to get revenge with City, although there is still the second leg to come. I know Ferguson loves me, that's why he always talks about me, ha-ha.There are differences between the two teams. Manchester United is a huge team in the city, everyone knows that. But City are making giant strides."

The Argentinian said he did not expect to end his career at City. "Things are going well for me; the goals are coming. I'm in good shape, I have avoided *injuries. As a kid I would never have imagined I would live in *England for four years. I am very happy and contented that my daughter is growing up in a country as developed as this one. But the truth is that it's very, very hard for me to live here, so far away from my loved ones. I'm not exactly an example of how to learn English; I just can't get it into my head. I'm learning hardly *anything, truth be told. I don't go out much, I spend most of my time at home. My daughter just brought me a Boca Juniors shirt and she wants me to join Boca. I am a Boca fan and I know I'll go back one day but I don't know when."

Link

Sorry if already posted, couldn't see a thread for it. Fucking classic, absolutely pissed myself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tevez said: "My celebration was directed at Gary Neville. He acted like a complete sock-sucker [boot-licker] when he said I wasn't worth £25m, just to suck up to the manager. I don't know what the hell that idiot is talking about me for...

I will never show a lack of respect towards anyone."

I found that hysterical. I'd love to know what he thinks a lack of respect looks like.

He's great Gary Neville, absolutely no concept of how much of a prick he is.

Typical 'Mancunian' from Bury. I bet he cries himself to sleep at night, wishing he was actually born in the city rather than be the son of a middle class grocer whose own father lacked the imagination to think up a different forename for his son!

He's spent the past 15 years with a Lesbians moustache, sucking siralex's cock at every opportunity, he's won loads of medals, capped by england and yet the first thing you think of when someone mentions him is his inability to grow proper facial hair!

Sums up the differences really, we have Carragher and Gerrard and they have the Nevilles!

Guest davelfc
Tevez is boss. Great player and makes Dirk Kuyt look lazy.

That second leg should be electric next week.

Quite looking forward to a decent scrap between the two. Plenty of red cards as well as general bad feeling, aggression, some dissent and some full blooded tackles. But then again rooney might not play.

Guest davelfc
I would have said "window licking moron" but it's still a good rant.

That's what gets me, he doesn't know english very well at all, but you would think he would have heard the term 'window licking moron' by now, unless of course he's been persuaded it's not offensive.