You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher Joins Talksport for the World Cup

discuit

Shearer?

Middle aged and Safe are Alan's middle names!

You get all sorts during the world cup, nobody has ever bettered Gazza for stupifying idiocy,

Jim Rosenthall "So Gazza, talk us through Fadiga hitting the post"

Gazza "Well as you can see Fadiga had a shot and it hit the post"

Jim Rosenthall "Thanks Gazza, so Terry.."

I don't mind talksport. The link to the Sun is spurious at best, and the obvious wind up tools on there aside, there's some decent debate on it.

For all the stick Durham takes, he talks passionately and sensibly about Hillsborough and the fight for justice as well as anyone I've heard.

I used to be fairly addicted to talksport even though I felt it was rotting my brain with the same obvious statements from the presenters and the callers. It started to get on my nerves after the trouble in Athens and then after the Arsenal game when Adrian Durham (who else?) said that Liverpool fans had rushed the turnsyles at the Emirates - Ian Wright (who I really liked on the show) said 'thats what Liverpool fans do'! I was so dissapointed that he was towing the line that we are all hooligans that I didn't bother with talksport anymore.

Really miss Hawksbye and Jacobs though - they were funny.

It's all designed to attract callers and fuel debate. They rip everyone. I think because our fans are more reactionary than most they do stoke the fires with us a bit more though. I don't think it's personal or they have anything against scousers, just look at the amount they employ.

Only getting around to his book now and he really seems to have his head screwed on. I'd kinda given up on sports autobiographies, but this one is really really good. Talks a lot of sense.

Looking forward to hearing his views on individual games and tactics.

Everyone who reads the S*n also watches BBC and ITV. Not everyone who reads it listens to talksport though.

Stop being daft.

Regardless of ownership it's the radio version of The Sun. It peddles the same dumbed-down, hate-thy-neighbour bullshit and he shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's got McKensie's grubby little prints all over it and Jamie shouldn't need anyone to tell him what an ugly little station it is.

When England go out in the quarters you might just hear some reasoned scouse opinion being drowned out by accusations that it was assylum seekers and gays that put good old England out.

Like I say; dissapointing.

Stop being daft.

Regardless of ownership it's the radio version of The Sun. It peddles the same dumbed-down, hate-thy-neighbour bullshit and he shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's got McKensie's grubby little prints all over it and Jamie shouldn't need anyone to tell him what an ugly little station it is.

When England go out in the quarters you might just hear some reasoned scouse opinion being drowned out by accusations that it was assylum seekers and gays that put good old England out.

Like I say; dissapointing.

i listen to talksport quite a bit(the football shows), no idea what your going on about?!

It was a station started by the guy who supervised The Truth headline. How much more information do you need about a station to avoid it?

Which is one of the reasons why I refuse to listen to it. I used to listen to it about 4 years ago but the constant advertising and promotions towards that rag, irritated me and then throw in Alan Brazil, Adrian Durham and Ian Wright Wright Wright. Talksport is all about agenda driven topics.

It is shite and you can give me 5Live any day of the week, at least its balanced.

Actually don't mind the Parry and Townsend show of a lunchtime. Aslong as you take it in the right nature, i.e. don't get wound up and realise what is being said is being said for a reaction, then I think it's decent listening to pass the time when driving or something.

I like Townsend and it miffs me that he's on that station. He's better than that shit.

It was a station started by the guy who supervised The Truth headline. How much more information do you need about a station to avoid it?

Using that logic Monty, we should still be banned from Europe. McKenzie hasn't had shit to do with that station for years and I'm sure Carra is well aware of that.

Talkshite is generally shite in my opinion but it's worth a listen on the odd occasion. The formula is a simple one - to slag off a set of fans so that they call in and defend their club on whatever issue is being discussed. You've got to be some kind of idiot to fall for that though.

As was already mentioned, Hawksbee and Jacobs are funny and well worth a listen. Micky Quinn is usually ok too. He went off on a cracking rant a week or two ago about G&H which was good to hear.