You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Degen not so bad after all....

RafaLaBamba

Not only was Degen bad last. He was also fucking disgraceful with his moaning to the referee when he had made a mistake himself.

And for the way he fucked up when put clean through on goal.

:wallbutt:

I'd much, much, MUCH rather play Pacheco, Eccleston or Amoo.

Don't forget the pathetic "injuries" every 15 minutes.

The lad is made of fucking quavers.

Shit.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And the post I responded to directly was about the idea of giving him time and patience which was a pointless comment given his fate was decided long before he'd even signed.

If Benitez had already decided his fate before he signed him, then it does beg the question ...

Or do you mean the forum decided his fate? I think that's bollocks. If a player is any good then we'll all warm to him even if we didn't want him in the first place. I only need to say four words to prove it.

Yossi Benayoun fuck off.

If Benitez had already decided his fate before he signed him, then it does beg the question ...

Or do you mean the forum decided his fate? I think that's bollocks. If a player is any good then we'll all warm to him even if we didn't want him in the first place. I only need to say one word to prove it.

Benayoun.

I don't like Benayoun. He should be a squad player, not a first team player.

You said it.

And theyre not are they?

Thats why last year we beat our title rivals home and away, yet dropped points against lesser sides.

Its Benitez that needs to motivate his team, and he doesnt do it well enough.

Do you think Lucas, Babel, Insua etc are suitably revved up to play Stoke, Birmingham Wigan etc? Do you think they grew up knowing who htese teams are? Thats the boss's job to point out that theyre in a battle EVERY WEEK to win the prem. Benitez has failed on that score. Too cagey, too cold.

This is not news.

Last night, Carragher with the licence as captain, did Benitez' job for him once they crossed the line.

If Carragher had not done that and set the tone, i doubt we would have even drawn the game.

Credit to him.

No.

Last night, Carragher with the RESPONSIBILITY as captain, did HIS job once they crossed the line.

If Carragher has not done that and set the tone, he wouldn't have done as good a job as captain, as it was he did an excellent job as captain, but he certainly wasnt doing Benitez work for him.

If a poor player gives an average performance, it is often decribed as good.

Why is it so?

Since when were actual performances rated based on the expectation people have.

If Messi played exactly like Degen last nigh, would he been rated the same?

If a poor player gives an average performance, it is often decribed as good.

Why is it so?

Since when were actual performances rated based on the expectation people have.

If Messi played exactly like Degen last nigh, would he been rated the same?

Its just the way it is, for instance I think that was an okay post!

Or do you mean the forum decided his fate? I think that's bollocks. If a player is any good then we'll all warm to him even if we didn't want him in the first place. I only need to say four words to prove it.

Yossi Benayoun fuck off.

That perfectly illustrates how all this judging of a player before he kicks a ball based on the team he signs from and the amount he cost is bollocks. Some will work out and some won't just like some 20million pound players will work out and some won't. At the very least they deserve a chance.

I thought he was our worst player but he was all right.

People had it in for him from the start. Mainly cos he kept Darby out of the squad.

Remember when Spearing was better than Lucas too?

Or maybe it's just because he's absolutely fucking shit and costing us c.£40k a week in wages, plus his huge signing on fee?

Four or five crappy games we've had out of him and he'll probably have cost us approaching £5m by the end of this season.

Joke signing.

Has fuck all to do with him keeping Darby out of the side. For the record, i don't rate Darby too highly either.

That perfectly illustrates how all this judging of a player before he kicks a ball based on the team he signs from and the amount he cost is bollocks. Some will work out and some won't just like some 20million pound players will work out and some won't. At the very least they deserve a chance.

Yes they do. And when Degen takes one then I will be happy to praise him, but so far he's looked nothing more than a willing runner so I won't be enthusing over him just yet.

Degen came to us with a reputation of not having any end product. Fast yes, but then what?

Still haven't seen anything from him that differ much from that reputation to be honest. Hopefully Maxi will get ready to occupy that spot rather sooner than later.

Degen came to us with a reputation of not having any end product. Fast yes, but then what?

To be fair he came with a reputation for being ridiculously injury prone as well. And don't forget he was Switzerland's third choice right back at the Euro's too.

A list of accolades that would make any athlete proud.

Willing runner and a nuisance, nothing more really!

Ran up and down and didn't let Kranjkar or Bale have the run of the place, not convinced, I think he is poor, but would rather him in the side than Babel, which says a lot about more about Babel than Degen.

is he even fast?

I'm finding this weird that people keep saying he is!

I'll watch him closer, maybe I'm just missing it, but the amount of times he's beaten to a ball is frightening, at either end of teh pitch.

Do you guys mean he's fast on the ball?

That may be true (again I've not noticed that either) but even if he is it's a pretty useless quality for defender. I'd rather they were quick getting to the fucker first, thanks.

Did anyone see when he just stopped?

He never slowed, or looked tired, he just stopped, Carra waved to the bench for him to be taken off, in all fairness he ran no more than anyone else last night, hasn't played as much as anybody else so there was no excuse for it.

He just fucking stopped!

He's got heart and speed, but really needs to work on his strength, awareness of team mates, and end product. Not going to rip him though because it's obvious he busted a gut last night.

What the fuck. Just found a load of snot on my little finger and don't even remember sneezing.