You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Degen not so bad after all....

RafaLaBamba

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian garro
I think there are better RBs about, but in terms of giving us width and stretching the pitch I thought he was very good last night.

In terms of him being shit, well, he's only played a handful of games due to injury, Id rather hope 'the best fans in the world ' tm would be a little more patient.

Agree with this.

You're fucking joking about the bit in bold aren't you though ?!

The only bad thing last night was our finishing. We kept a clean sheet, could have scored 5 and looked like a TEAM again.I'm happy with that!

Shit passing, shit decision making, shit finishing, shit movement.

Sitting far too deep, so when we did eventually win the ball back there was no outlet.

Yes what an excellent performance. Title winning stuff that was.

He's not in the same league as Heggem.

Spending 90% of your LFC career on the treatment table puts them in the same bracket ;)

Again, to those who say he is shite, he provides natural width that Kuyt and probably Maxi wont.

At home against the packed defences, width is the key to unlocking those defences. The addition of Riera last year made a huge difference to our home form and he's been sorely missed this season. Degen does the same all be it with less skill and control. Both players hold a wide position, therefore stretching the pitch.

I thought alot of the problems we created last night stemmed from using the whole width of the pitch, multiple points of attack, more space to run into and less chance of the opposition simply sitting on the edge of the D and keeping all the central stuff out.

he was absolutely fucking abysmal last night. Truly, truly abysmal.

If you honestly saq anything other than that then there's really no hope for you.

Unbelievable.

Abysmal? Truly Abysmal?

He was no great shakes and I'm looking forward to having Johnson back, but he did fuck all wrong and for the second game he has started he contributed and can walk off with a job done. Against lesser teams he will do well and if he shakes the injuries he will be good carling cup level back up. He's nothing special but your comments here are absurd.

Tom, you are just showing yourself to be a very angry man now. Abysmal performances are for the likes of Adi Akinbye when he missed everything, or Dudek against the Mancs when he let in those goals, or Taibi. You are showing yourself up by calling Degen abysmal because I am willing to bet not one other fan in the entire world would, or even could agree with you. You need a break lad.

he's not even close to being as good as heggem - and he wasn't much above ordinary. so what he stays wide? a cardboard cut out could do that, in fact rafa is always on the touch line, shall we play him right wing in the next game? he drew a couple of free kicks (which once the refs get onto the fact he dives won't last long), aside from that and your observation he stayed wide, he did nothing of note, but made countless poor positional decision and was sloppy in possession. clearly a terrible, terrible player and I don't need to watch him for 100 games to see that.

In your opinion mate, fair enough. Id suggest you watch the game again though, Degen has pace and the ability to get behind players, that keeps them honest and stops them attacking.

Add to that the fact he and Riera both stayed on their touchlines, meant we had the full width of the pitch to attack, with their fullbacks knowing that if they push up, Degen can run in behind. I agree he might not do much with it, but if you put doubt in a defenders mind and keep him on the back foot then you are doing your job.

I though he played a disciplined game and made his contribution.

Given that we are 1 point off spurs and in Crisis, whilst they are 1 point above us and having their best season ever, a little more perspective and reasoned discussion might be a good thing.

Given that we are 1 point off spurs and in Crisis, whilst they are 1 point above us and having their best season ever, a little more perspective and reasoned discussion might be a good thing.

So to make ourselves feel better we are comparing ourselves with the yids? Jesus Christ, we are in crisis.

Guest ian garro
The devil was in the detail, he's been out injured, not just picking up his cheque for being shite as Dossena did.

You can't judge a player if he's injured.

I agree with you mate. I was just saying, asking 'The Best Supporters In The World' not to judge someone before he's actually played a few games, is impossible these days.

I thought he was awful but people in the pub afterwards thought he done well!

Never makes space, just runs into the opposition defence and hides. Always looking for a freekick as it's the easy way out. Also no stamina or fitness.

The only thing that annoyed me last night was Degen....well and possibly Kuyt's finishing.

Hes average. I don't see how anyone could see him as being totally shite nor above average. He'd probably be a good player for a lower table team.

Plus hes played a handful of games now. Wait till the end of the season before we judge. As alot of people have pointed out he looks like he wants to do well.

Lucas got by on that merit for ages till his performances picked up.Degen should be given the same chance.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He is nothing special. But shite, or absymal, or rubbish? It just stinks of people angry that we've won 3 and drawn 1 of our last 4 and it's ruining their rants.

Yup

He was ok, provided an outlet, nothing special and I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise

But sadly, just like The Greek, he's been fucking slaughtered so much, primarily for being injured, people would argue night is day before they'd give him any credit

Andy. Please tell me you're not giving him credit for that shit he put in last night.

Please.

he stank the place out from start to finish. There were quite a few positives from last night, but Phillipe Deggens performance was most definitely not one of them. he was the fucking pits, mate.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Andy. Please tell me you're not giving him credit for that shit he put in last night.

Please.

he stank the place out from start to finish. There were quite a few positives from last night, but Phillipe Deggens performance was most definitely not one of them. he was the fucking pits, mate.

I thought he was ok and provided a decent "out" ball, given the otherwise chronic lack of pace in the side last night.

Also thought Insua played well, considering they'd targeted him and his form hasn't been the greatest of late.

Please.

If someone's had a bad game or you think they're a bad player then they're "a fucking car crash", etc, and similarly harsh comments...

For example, "He should never, ever, ever play for Liverpool ever again." Come on now... He wasn't great last night, but he's done well this season IMO. That's the sort of comment that should be reserved for someone like Itandje, not a guy who's giving us options, trying hard and, generally, playing well during a tough period.

No?