You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Degen not so bad after all....

RafaLaBamba

I think he's starting to prove his worth in a Liverpool shirt now. He's came in to a struggling team and put in 2 performances which were - all in all - pretty decent. He's certainly nowhere near as bad as some fans were making him out to be - but his pre-season was terrible, so that may be the reason why some people had no confidence in the lad. Anyway, he's tall, quick and gets forward well and I think some people have been suprised by his performances in the last 2 games. He's certainly no world beater, but unlike Babel he will give 100%. Keep up the good work mate.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking hell, it's funny on here this morning, it's funny what a win and a bit of luck with a ref can do. all i can say about this is the words ringing in my ear of the fella behind me "what the fuck did i do wrong when shit cunts like degen can make a living out of playing football, let alone ply for liverpool". oh, and one other thing to add, even the iphone knows - i got a text from fivetimes telling me the team and it spell checked degen to degenerate. say no more.

What the fuck mate? The lad gave 100% and has played good in the last 2.

I think hes just typical of alot of our players at the minute. Not great but not utterly shite either. Just very very average.

I think he tries, but at the end of the day he was a free signing from Borussia Dortmund? Hes never gonna set the world alight.

Guest Dog Chaser

For me Degen isn't a footballer, he looks like a fan thats won a raffle to play in a professional match. He is deceptively quick but time and again makes the wrong decisions with the ball.

I thought he played well, he's constantly injured and he was free so what can we expect?

Honestly, I think he will be good cover when fit for RM or RB, I think we may have stumbled across a formation where Kuyt is upfront with another and Degen or Johnson RM with Kelly RB?

Heck, I'm speculating,

Degen reminds me of Veggard Heggem. Not the best defender in the world but has pace and likes to run at defenders.

I think there are better RBs about, but in terms of giving us width and stretching the pitch I thought he was very good last night.

In terms of him being shit, well, he's only played a handful of games due to injury, Id rather hope 'the best fans in the world ' tm would be a little more patient.

Degen reminds me of Veggard Heggem. Not the best defender in the world but has pace and likes to run at defenders.

I think there are better RBs about, but in terms of giving us width and stretching the pitch I thought he was very good last night.

In terms of him being shit, well, he's only played a handful of games due to injury, Id rather hope 'the best fans in the world ' tm would be a little more patient.

We'd made our minds up when he was still a Dortmund player.

He was all over the place last night but contributing fuck all. Carra was screaming at him at every opportunity. He should have had a shot when Kuyt put him through. He also tries to pull the ball back every time he gets into the penalty area. Not good enough.

Maxi should start against Wolves at right mid.

I've always thought he has had something about him. Takes a risk with his runs.

Not quite good enough to be a regular, but a good squad player with a decent defender behind him.

He is made of Balsa wood however so he could be Pele but it doesn't matter because he will be injured more than fit.

he's not even close to being as good as heggem - and he wasn't much above ordinary. so what he stays wide? a cardboard cut out could do that, in fact rafa is always on the touch line, shall we play him right wing in the next game? he drew a couple of free kicks (which once the refs get onto the fact he dives won't last long), aside from that and your observation he stayed wide, he did nothing of note, but made countless poor positional decision and was sloppy in possession. clearly a terrible, terrible player and I don't need to watch him for 100 games to see that.