You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kyrgiakos

1892-LFCWasBorn

I like him because of his aggression, aerial ability and great hair.

But the lad is a disaster waiting to happen. Last night he made a huge penalty when dragging down Crouch in the first half, and in the second half he made that retarded back pass to Reina which had cost a goal if the referee hadn't seen something I didn't.

He offers a presence with his attitude and commitment, and he causes the opposition problems on attacking set pieces, though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A useful option in the squad - but despite his noteworthy performances in the last few games he is a limited defender who thrives in a tactical setup where we play deep, crowd the midfield and subsequentally get the opposition to play the ball long which allows Kyrgiakos to dominate. it is (hopefully) very much a short-term back to the walls policy but going forwards we need to find a player who has the ability to dominate in the air in addition to being mobile & keeping the ball.

I like him because of his aggression, aerial ability and great hair.

But the lad is a disaster waiting to happen. Last night he made a huge penalty when dragging down Crouch in the first half, and in the second half he made that retarded back pass to Reina which had cost a goal if the referee hadn't seen something I didn't.

He offers a presence with his attitude and commitment, and he causes the opposition problems on attacking set pieces, though.

Aquilani was shit last night.

Degen is an embarassment.

And the Greek is a disaster waiting to happen.

Fucking lighten up, for christ sake!

The whole showed a huge amount of balls last night to move within one point of our minimum objective, it wasn't pretty but that is 3 wins and a draw with Wolves and Bolton to come.

And before you say it, no you are not supposed to carry on as though everything is okay, but pointing out individual faults from last nights performance is totally missing the point.

Last night was about the team getting three points, and sticking it to the parasites in the media.

Aquilani was shit last night.

Degen is an embarassment.

And the Greek is a disaster waiting to happen.

Fucking lighten up, for christ sake!

The whole showed a huge amount of balls last night to move within one point of our minimum objective, it wasn't pretty but that is 3 wins and a draw with Wolves and Bolton to come.

And before you say it, no you are not supposed to carry on as though everything is okay, but pointing out individual faults from last nights performance is totally missing the point.

Last night was about the team getting three points, and sticking it to the parasites in the media.

I don't disagree with the overall point. We can be very happy with the dedication shown by the players last night and of course with the result.

Starting threads saying how Degen and Kyrgiakos have proved doubters wrong after last night just doesn't make any sense to me.

And my comment on the other thread about Aquilani was born out of the huge frustration I had with his display last night. I saw the match with two neutrals and a Spurs fan and none of them thought he was any good either.

I don't disagree with the overall point. We can be very happy with the dedication shown by the players last night and of course with the result.

Starting threads saying how Degen and Kyrgiakos have proved doubters wrong after last night just doesn't make any sense to me.

And my comment on the other thread about Aquilani was born out of the huge frustration I had with his display last night. I saw the match with two neutrals and a Spurs fan and none of them thought he was any good either.

Spurs fans gave Rasiak the boo treatment after one half

even if he is a disaster waiting to happen, he has played well the last two games. maybe he can play another 20 before that so called disaster happens? by that time carragher probably has made 5-7 disasters.

I quite like Kyrgiakos, so it's kind of irritating to come across like I want to put him down.

He did cost the equaliser in Lyon, in my opinion, so from that perspective the disaster has already happened.

And last night he would have cost two goals if the referee had gotten two major decisions right. He, and we, got lucky and thank fuck for that.

That doesn't mean I won't be shitting myself next time he crawls all over an attacker in our box.

Just read back what I posted, wasn't supposed to sound so aggressive or twatish, sorry about that!

I agree with you regarding the Greek, but he is fourth choice and has exceeded expectations, but no way do I want him in the first team, unless we are playing Bolton, Stoke etc.

Degen I agree with, just a nuisance last night, but again the only other option was Maxi or Babel and I think Riera in his first game tired a lot quicker.

Spurs have Jenas, the most pointless midfielder in the league by a long shot, Aquilani can only be judged when he has consistently played alongside Torres and Gerrard, or at least in a team that has a bit of confidence. Bare in mind he was criticised for his lack of passion in the press, yet last night he was working as hard as anyone on that pitch, his desire and willingness to put himself about was a big positive, especially since that was what most people had doubts about, IMO at least.

Just read back what I posted, wasn't supposed to sound so aggressive or twatish, sorry about that!

I agree with you regarding the Greek, but he is fourth choice and has exceeded expectations, but no way do I want him in the first team, unless we are playing Bolton, Stoke etc.

Degen I agree with, just a nuisance last night, but again the only other option was Maxi or Babel and I think Riera in his first game tired a lot quicker.

Spurs have Jenas, the most pointless midfielder in the league by a long shot, Aquilani can only be judged when he has consistently played alongside Torres and Gerrard, or at least in a team that has a bit of confidence. Bare in mind he was criticised for his lack of passion in the press, yet last night he was working as hard as anyone on that pitch, his desire and willingness to put himself about was a big positive, especially since that was what most people had doubts about, IMO at least.

No worries, mate. I can understand how it can seem irritating to see someone moan so much after a win. I was up way too early this morning.

spot on. but credit where it's due, he's been decent in the last 2 games and has perhaps helped in rallying those around him. it's sad that we should be grateful for a player who gives 100% and helps his team mates, as to me that should be a minimum requirement of any player - but that ethos seems to have been swept away recently, so a bit of effort is greeted with celebration.

This. Especially the part in bold.

He and Skrtel were great yesterday and very solid against Stoke. They owned Cruch and Defoe and I liked the way they exchanged positions as LCB and RCB the whole 90 minutes.

I think they deserve to get another shot cause they don´t deserve to be benched now.

Welcome to Rafa world.

I fully expect them both to be dropped next game.

Doing absolutely everything that's been asked of him and doing it well.

Can't fault him for his overall performances in the last two games, but as people have said; he's got a Bramble in him just waiting to happen.

And, for such an experienced player, that shouldn't really be the case. Hope he can keep the form up, though. If selected, obviously.

I think he's been excellent in the previous two games but clearly he's not the answer long-term. Having him in the side has given us a different dimension with attacking and defending set pieces of which we have been completely dreadful this season.

If anything, he's highlighted that it is critical that we bring in a dominant, airily sound, centre back by next season at the latest.

Bascially we need another Sami.