You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gus Hiddink Agent has been approached by LFC?

Spy Bee

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rafa did leave in the summer and Hiddink came in at the age of 63-64 maybe there should be a younger coach under him who can learn the ropes for a couple of years with a view to taking over in the long run.

I like Hiddinks philosophy and style but long-term would his age count against him?

IF Rafa did leave in the summer, how about Guus Hiddink as Manager with Michael Laudrup learning the ropes with a view to succeeding him?

Guest PurpleNose
IF Rafa did leave in the summer, how about Guus Hiddink as Manager with Michael Laudrup learning the ropes with a view to succeeding him?

Laudrup would probably argue he's a little beyond "learning the ropes".

I actually think he'd be a decent option if Rafa did go. Plays good football and tries to promote youngsters. Did a good job with Getafe.

If Rafa did leave in the summer and Hiddink came in at the age of 63-64 maybe there should be a younger coach under him who can learn the ropes for a couple of years with a view to taking over in the long run.

I like Hiddinks philosophy and style but long-term would his age count against him?

I agree with that, his age is my biggest concern.

Laudrup would probably argue he's a little beyond "learning the ropes".

I actually think he'd be a decent option if Rafa did go. Plays good football and tries to promote youngsters. Did a good job with Getafe.

You may be right, but Michael Laudrup is still a relative novice as a Manager, currently out of work and may accept a coaching position at Anfield working alongside Hiddink, with a view to eventually taking over if Rafa did leave.

Laudrup enjoyed success as Manager of Brondby, and brought a free-flowing attacking brand of Football to unfashionable Getafe where they reached the final of the Copa Del Rey and the Quarter Finals of the Uefa Cup.

Guus Hiddink would probably be my first choice as Manager if Rafa did leave Liverpool, but due to his age (63) I would like to see a younger man like Laudrup or possibly even Carragher groomed to take over if Hiddink was ever appointed.

Would his regular failures in competitve leagues not also count against him?

I would rather Mourinho ahead of Hiddink. And I absolutely completely fucking despise Mourinho and want him no where near my club. But my reason for that is that almost nothing in Hiddinks career suggests anything more then a failure with us were he to be given the job full time. It is my opinion that we would take much quicker steps backwards under Hiddink then we are now, and that would even be with new owners.

It really is a laugh who in the current shambles we are in would come and manage us.

We have to sell players to pay the ones we have new contracts

Skint.

Two owners who cannot stand each other.

Being whored around the world and no takers, as of yet.

I love the club, with every bone in my body but we are a fucking shambles and maybe a bit naive when we think all these top managers would jump at the chance to manage us.

A lot of the anti Rafa out posters on here are good reds and I cannot knock a lot of the points they make.

We are playing terrible football, have signed some shit players and on ridiculous money. That is all factual, no arguing. Pure simple fact.

My only argument is we cannot continue to chop and change, the Rafa total control thing has only been in place a year. A year in which we have had to deal with selling fucken players to pay for players contracts, what a joke.

A bit like fighting with your hands tied behind your back.

I think back to nights like Istanbul, Madrid, Barca, Milan a couple of trips down to Wales and come to the conclusion that maybe he might given a bit more time with the right owners put things right.

I also see the negative tactics the shit football and the bad signings - although every manager has them - but really it is not just a simple change of manager and everything will be alright.

Who the fuck knows eh.

I'm not arsed how old he is, Demento is about 901 and he's a brilliant manager as much as it gauls me to say it.

As for Laudrup, I like him a lot but I dont think he'd be a number 2 and having someone waiting is just asking for trouble.

One or the other.

That's a good point about Ferguson. Look what happened at Newcastle as soon as they let Bobby Robson go as well...

It really is a laugh who in the current shambles we are in would come and manage us.

We have to sell players to pay the ones we have new contracts

Skint.

Two owners who cannot stand each other.

Being whored around the world and no takers, as of yet.

I love the club, with every bone in my body but we are a fucking shambles and maybe a bit naive when we think all these top managers would jump at the chance to manage us.

A lot of the anti Rafa out posters on here are good reds and I cannot knock a lot of the points they make.

We are playing terrible football, have signed some shit players and on ridiculous money. That is all factual, no arguing. Pure simple fact.

My only argument is we cannot continue to chop and change, the Rafa total control thing has only been in place a year. A year in which we have had to deal with selling fucken players to pay for players contracts, what a joke.

A bit like fighting with your hands tied behind your back.

I think back to nights like Istanbul, Madrid, Barca, Milan a couple of trips down to Wales and come to the conclusion that maybe he might given a bit more time with the right owners put things right.

I also see the negative tactics the shit football and the bad signings - although every manager has them - but really it is not just a simple change of manager and everything will be alright.

Who the fuck knows eh.

Paralysis? Confusion. AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

[YOUTUBE]kwuhRKQSG64[/YOUTUBE]