You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gus Hiddink Agent has been approached by LFC?

Spy Bee

Where's it confirmed?

Ted. Are you really this stupid? Really?

Ok, it is in the same box with the confirmation that we were cheated in the 1965 European Cup semi final against Inter Milan (or did that not happen Ted?) or with the confirmation of the Anderlecht fix against Notts Forect in 1984 (or did that not happen?). It's there.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it is in the same box with the confirmation that we were cheated in the 1965 European Cup semi final against Inter Milan (or did that not happen Ted?) or with the confirmation of the Anderlecht fix against Notts Forect in 1984 (or did that not happen?). It's there.

In other words: It's never been confirmed because it never happened.

Oh yeah and I'm the stupid one for making a ridiculous accusation, refusing to back it up and then trying to avoid it by trying to belittle and insult the intelligence of someone who's asking a straight forward and simple question.

Well in for making yourself look dead boss and that.

Look. We get that you believe that South Korea fixed the World Cup (but managed to not get to the final, or finish third).

Discredit his fourth place finish with the Netherlands in the World Cup.

Look. We get that you believe that South Korea fixed the World Cup (but managed to not get to the final, or finish third).

It was in Holland, and a manager with a bit of flair and imagination would have won it! No better than Terry Venables, did slightly better with Australia mind you.

(This post does not reflect the actual thoughts of the poster)

No I'm just saying he didn't get enough out of his own players. If the team decides to play on the counter that's fine, but they needed to do it with purpose and they didn't and that cost them.

And I'm not trying to invalidate your regard, just pointing out what seemed to be a pretty shoddy job.

I don't know much about him, just looking at his record though, outside of Holland, it looks like a couple of decent cup runs is about it. Mourinho's CV screams "HIRE ME". Hiddink's doesn't for me. But then I value winning football over attacking football every single day of the week.

I think the nub of disagreement on that semi-final between us is that you appear to believe Chelsea's failure to progress was a failure on behalf of their coach, whereas I don't believe they were anywhere near the level of that Barcelona team so progression would have been near miraculous.

Hiddink versus Mourinho: well I do appreciate attacking football but not at the expense of winning. Fact is Hiddink is a successful manager anyway and we are currently getting neither. Mourinho grates on me for his comments about Frisk which ruined the career of a top quality referee, and his scurrilous lies about the Reading ambulance service. I would not want him as Liverpool manager because I think he is completely classless and represents the antithesis of whatever the Liverpool Way used to be.

In other words: It's never been confirmed because it never happened.

Oh yeah and I'm the stupid one for making a ridiculous accusation, refusing to back it up and then trying to avoid it by trying to belittle and insult the intelligence of someone who's asking a straight forward and simple question.

Well in for making yourself look dead boss and that.

What? Jesus kid.

As for the rest of your comment. Go online and do a google search on "2002 South Korea worl cup fix". There are over 30,000 references to it. Read away. Believe it, or don't believe it. I couldn't give less of a fuck.

He is a very good manager.

All I said was that I think, along with many many others, including the Spainish and Italian FAs that there was match fixing going on. Ted turned this into some massive fucking thing. I even said he did a good job getting them out of the group stage. I don't fucking care to be honest, it had fuck all to do with my reasoning for not thinking that Hiddink would come in and improve everything.

Where I am coming from is I don't get the idea that getting Hiddink in would fix our woes. I think Rafa is a better manager. A half decent stint at Chelsea seems, however, to have turned him into an unbelievable manager who would immediately fix things at Anfield. I don't believe this. Let me say again, he is a very good manager, but, in my mind, no better then what we already have, and could well be a step back from what we already have in my view. Rafa and Hiddink are, for me, in the top 7 or 8 managers in European Football. Rafa would be ahead of Hiddink for my money though so I don't see the benefit of changing.

Well... he sure trashed Holland with Russia.

I had ten quid on Russia at fifty to one, I was spending it after that match!

I think it is all worthless anyway, 63 years old and paid 6.5 million a year to be the mongs BBF! Or 2 million a year to try and win the league within the first two or three years, working with two jizz dribbles!

Its like choosing between Sienna Miller and Dawn French (with Lenny)

What? Jesus kid.

As for the rest of your comment. Go online and do a google search on "2002 South Korea worl cup fix". There are over 30,000 references to it. Read away. Believe it, or don't believe it. I couldn't give less of a fuck.

Ha! Are you taking the piss? Some web nuts think it was fixed do they? I'd imagine there's probably three times as many sites dedicated to 9/11 being an inside job. How much credibility would you give those guys?

Ha! Are you taking the piss? Some web nuts think it was fixed do they? I'd imagine there's probably three times as many sites dedicated to 9/11 being an inside job. How much credibility would you give those guys?

I really don't care. Really like. I don't care. It has little or no relevance to the conversation about Hiddinks overall ability to be a better manager for us then Benitez.

What? Jesus kid.

You mean a conspiracy theory has had a lot written about it on the internet? That's me convinced.

I notice how you've swerved the inconveniece of Korea getting a good goal disallowed in the semi. The tin foil hat crew hate that type of thing.

Sorry, I edited it to add a comment about the Italian thing.

I was more concentrating on the Rafa thing . It is annoying enough already when people continue to spout the usual nonsense that I'm "100% Rafa and can't see a single mistake in anything he's ever done" despite my many comments having a go and saying that I only want to wait until the summer and see then, without now been accused of getting angry if some other issue with someone other then Rafa was somehow changed to been about Rafa! It just seemed odd and a trend that I hope isn't about to start.

But I am begining to see how the so called "anti-Rafa" people now work in how they get angry about everything no matter what and will talk down every little thing so they can get angry about it later and blame Rafa. You can see it in many threads "If Rafa plays (x) player then it is a clear sign he has lost it" when it is clear Rafa will have no choice but to play said player. etc. It is quite interesting, and funny actually.

Except I've never said whether I was pro or anti Benitez.

I really don't care. Really like. I don't care. It has little or no relevance to the conversation about Hiddinks overall ability to be a better manager for us then Benitez.

But you brought it up, as evidence that Hiddink couldn't be that good. So you must have thought it had some relevance.

I think the nub of disagreement on that semi-final between us is that you appear to believe Chelsea's failure to progress was a failure on behalf of their coach, whereas I don't believe they were anywhere near the level of that Barcelona team so progression would have been near miraculous.

That's sort of it, I believe he could have added more than he did and that should have been enough for them to win.

Hiddink versus Mourinho: well I do appreciate attacking football but not at the expense of winning. Fact is Hiddink is a successful manager anyway and we are currently getting neither. Mourinho grates on me for his comments about Frisk which ruined the career of a top quality referee, and his scurrilous lies about the Reading ambulance service. I would not want him as Liverpool manager because I think he is classless and represents the antithesis of whatever the Liverpool Way used to be.

I agree entirely about Mourinho. I wouldn't want him either.

Except I've never said whether I was pro or anti Benitez.

I know. I was generalising. I'm getting labeled all the time and sometimes it annoys me, and sometimes it makes me laugh. I wasn’t attributing the actually labeling to you.

I don't think there are many so called "Rafaeites". This is a label decided by the imbeciles who don't have the mental ability to understand that people can have other opinions that may have some validity so they want to tag people to make it easier for themselves. This, however, is only a small portion of the people who want Rafa out now. Most give their reasons for wanting Rafa out now, while weighing up the good he's done also, but still finally decide they want him out now. I respect that. The loud shouty ones who now think Rafa gets everything wrong all the time and think anyone who disagrees is a "Rafaeite" and "100% Rafa man" and "can't see anything wrong in him" are just imbeciles.

For me there are just people who are taking a slightly different approach by looking at all aspects of the club and not looking on it in a ‘black and white’ way and allowing the current manager a season that has so far been badly underperformed and seeing if he can turn it around. I’ll leave the pitch fork and burning torches to others. The want to look at it in a black and white way and that’s fine. I don’t.

I did find your thing about if Rafa had been accused of fixing games to be strange though.

But you brought it up, as evidence that Hiddink couldn't be that good. So you must have thought it had some relevance.

YOU brought it up!

His success with South Korea was referenced as reasons why he was a good manager.

I stated that it is questionable as, in my (and a lot others including two FAs) opinion, a number of the games were fixed.

Are we happy now? Can we stop this now? Or will the next comment be "I know what you are , but what am I?"