Quantcast
Newcastle - The reprise - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Tom R

Newcastle - The reprise

The Forth and the Cluny are top tips. The Forth is often jam packed though.

I went on a stag do there in September and we did the "Ouseburn" pub crawl. Free Trade/Tyne/Cluny/ then into town. We played lawn bowls in the morning and ended up in a gay club somewhere on Westgate Road.

Is that Camp David???

They have a free BBQ every night in their after 4pm and is usually full of fit birds.

got my Stag do there in a few weeks time.

haven't been out there for 10+ years.

We're off for a few early ones on Osbourne Road, which is apparently the more studenty bit, and then we're off to the Rupali to try the "world'd hottest curry".

We'll see!

Any recommendations? There's about 23/24 of us, but we really want to avoid your walkabout type places that tend to attract stag dos and hen don'ts.

Not really fussed about titty bars to be honest. I've seen more tits in my life that a dairy maid.

If you're after good pubs, the Cluny and the Free Trade Inn are cracking boozers, but a little bit out of the way. Head of Steam is really good, as is the Telegraph (other side of the railway line, there's a short tunnel pretty much opposite the Head of Steam). Further along on the other side of the station is Tilleys and a little off the beaten track near there is Raffertys. All good pubs, decent crowd in there. Avoid the Bigg Market (shit bars full of knuckled scals) and heading the other way from the Central Station up Collingwood Street (crappy "luxbars" full of trendy cunts who spend a months wages on hair products).

If in doubt, try this website: www.theburglarsdog.co.uk - Pubs & bars in Newcastle. Stag do's get laid into a bit, but it's pretty good for pub reviews.

Guest TK-421
Is that Camp David???

They have a free BBQ every night in their after 4pm and is usually full of fit birds.

That's the one. It had a good smoking garden, the downside was the DJ played that Formula 1 Fleetwood Mac song about eight times and thought it was funny, it wasn't!

Some of the pubs mentioned are good but your not going to get any fanny!

Osbornes on Osborne Rd is wall to wall with fit rich student fanny & is a good place to start.

As mentioned move onto the station area - Long Bar, Destination, Tokyos, Perdu, Revoloution

The Quayside is ok in the summer but you will alot of hen/stag parties

The gate area can be ok but you then you get your lloyds bars etc

The bigg market is full of slags of 17 who have 5 kids, you dont want to wake up with the kids offering you swiss roll from the ala carte kitchen calling you daddy!

Try and visit the ladies who dont wear cardies at for your eyes only also.

I remember once when I was up there seeing my mates, these girls dragged us to the Uni and a night called Brighton Beach.

Fuck me, it was like a tittyfest.

I remember once when I was up there seeing my mates, these girls dragged us to the Uni and a night called Brighton Beach.

Fuck me, it was like a tittyfest.

Oh man I love the TITTIES I would like to have a BRIGHTON BEACH in my house EVERY NIGHT with sexy titty bitchs.

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough, one of the lads who's coming is actually the DJ at the Brighton Beach in Leeds!

Guesties ahoy!

keep the suggestions coming, lads.

Not interested in where the "fanny" is to be honest, now that I've retired and hung up my cock.

Just want the best night possible, with the best crowd.

Seems to be some decent suggestions here like.

Some of the pubs mentioned are good but your not going to get any fanny!

Osbornes on Osborne Rd is wall to wall with fit rich student fanny & is a good place to start.

As mentioned move onto the station area - Long Bar, Destination, Tokyos, Perdu, Revoloution

The Quayside is ok in the summer but you will alot of hen/stag parties

The gate area can be ok but you then you get your lloyds bars etc

The bigg market is full of slags of 17 who have 5 kids, you dont want to wake up with the kids offering you swiss roll from the ala carte kitchen calling you daddy!

Try and visit the ladies who dont wear cardies at for your eyes only also.

As above Tokyo's and Perdu are the places to be, avoid bigg market although if you cant get in any clubs Blu Bamboo might be worth a shout.

The gates not my cup of tea but some of my younger mates like Sam Jack's and you have alot of bars close by.

Liquid/Envy seems to be popular for 23/24 crowd but that a matter of opinion.

Hit Jesmond early, then taxi to central station, Perdu/liquid/blu bamboo for lasts

This thread has just inspired me to take a trip up to see my mates next month. Going to Godskitchen at Digital on the 19th Feb and then out around my favourite bars the night after.

The gates not my cup of tea but some of my younger mates like Sam Jack's and you have alot of bars close by.

Don't like the gate myself however there is a bar in there called Opera Piano Bar which makes the best drinks I've tasted.

Seriously fucking nice.

got my Stag do there in a few weeks time.

haven't been out there for 10+ years.

We're off for a few early ones on Osbourne Road, which is apparently the more studenty bit, and then we're off to the Rupali to try the "world'd hottest curry".

We'll see!

Any recommendations? There's about 23/24 of us, but we really want to avoid your walkabout type places that tend to attract stag dos and hen don'ts.

Not really fussed about titty bars to be honest. I've seen more tits in my life that a dairy maid.

My recommendation is not eating the world's hottest curry.

Probably a normal curry with a ton of some Blair's ring sting sauce in it. Watch daft sods try to eat then spend a fortune on beer. Take plate back to the kitchen and stick contents back in the pot, spit in it for fun.

Seriously, have a good stag do Tom. I bet if some Geordie lass gets her tits oot and shoves them in your face you'll get little old woody out of retirement.

My recommendation is not eating the world's hottest curry.

I've tried it and also recommend this - it's like a catering size tub of curry powder with boiling water poured in. It's disgusting, although the other curries in there are top class.

There was an auld fella in there the night we were in who polished off the whole lot though

I've tried it and also recommend this - it's like a catering size tub of curry powder with boiling water poured in. It's disgusting, although the other curries in there are top class.

There was an auld fella in there the night we were in who polished off the whole lot though

That was RIS. Hence his recommendation. That's why he moved to Sweden, more snow to cool down the ring sting.

There's a couple of lads who are coming who I'm pretty confident will manage to polish it off.

Hope you're not stumping up for all the booze ?

Best curry house in Newcastle is Vujon one of the only places to make everything from scratch and not use base sauces! Followed by a trip to Floritas and Madam Koo's to finish the night off

What an absolutely splendid stag that turned out to be, I love Newcastle, never have I seen so many girls that are down right filth in one place, except that time I went to lucky Pierres family party, that is.

Thought it seemed a bit pointless starting a new thread and so piggybacked onto this one.

I'm going to Newcastle this weekend and it's going to be a blokes and girlfriends birthday jaunt. I'm looking for somewhere good to eat on the saturday evening and also something decent for a mixed group to do during the day, as just lashing down lager all day isn't what we're looking for. Any suggestions GF?

Some really good places to eat Stu it really depends on what your looking for, i would recommend Six at the Baltic it does fantastic modern British food with good size portions and reasonably priced, it also has possibly the best views of any restaurant in the country, you'll def score browine points with the girls if you take them there, you'd have to book soonish for the weekend id guess.

Things to do you have the Baltic (arty stuff) the Sage (musicy) Metro Centre (masive shopping centre) Plenty of Castles if your driving, The centre of life is an interesting place too.