You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mark Hughes

rebel23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are crazier than I originally thought. Hughes doesnt have it for clubs at the highest level. He was at his level with Blackburn.

If it was a straight choice over him or Jurgen then it would be Hughes. A lot of top class managers wouldnt be knocking on the door for the job would they?

I think Rafa will be here for quite a while yet. But, if I am wrong in my belief, I would campaign against bringing in a British manager. With the exception of the close to death, incontinent, drunk tramp at OT, I can't think of one top flight British manager who could hold a candle to Benitez. Holding a lit candle near to Slur Alish would be mighty perilous.

Mark Hughes? Now that's just fucking ridiculous.

This season is a write off so Rafa should bed in the younger players a la Wenger style with a view to having a good crack at it next season. There's no real decent managers available out there that are as good as Rafa, Hiddink maybe but that's it. And even Hiddink has failed at clubs.

Rafa has a good record here with us and should be allowed a dodgy season. Once it's only the one dodgy season and not carried on next year! We all know about Slur and Wengers records in their first 6 years at the helm, but Rafa's is better in his 6 years and I think he should be given a bit more respect and a chance to turn things around.

can people please stop using ales ferguson's six years at United before winning the league as some kind of ludicrous reason to keep hold of benitez??

For a start, ferguson started winning after six years, not go backwards!

We were in Europe's premier competition in Rafa's first season, and we became the champions of Europe in that very same year, so if anything Benitez actually had a huge head start on what Ferguson had when he started at Man U.

Six years on to both reigns, ferguson was winning the league title and had built a squad of awesome experienced talent and awesome youth that would ensure a bright future.

Whereas Benitez at the same juncture is scrapping with the likes Fulham and Birmingham for 6th or 7th place, whilst being outplayed by teams at the very bottom of our own league and even teams at the bottom of the league below! Jesus, even teams at the top of the one below that have outplayed us this season!!! He would delighted with a poxy fourth place finish and the squad we have is about as pitiful in living memory and has just about a zero chance of having a bright future.

So stop with the stupid "ferguson took six years to win the league" or "rafa has achieved more in his first six seasons than ferguson" nonsense.

It's just bollocks.