You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That was a decent weekend

Markmywords

I hate to try and inject some positivity into a desperate situation but that was a good weekend for us.

Yes we didn't beat Stoke in hugely irritating circumstances but what about the fact that we are now just four points off 4th place, as oppose to 5 last friday?

Stoke away isn't an easy fixture, Spurs couldn't beat Hull at home, Villa couldn't beat West ham at home and City lost to those useless twats down the road that we beat easily (ahem).

Considering the injuries we're carrying that's not a bad weekend.

CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?

or a neg?

We made ground on city which was good but spurs will be the litmus test, if we dont win we are in lot of trouble.

Not bothered about villa as they are likely to crumble as per usual form after january, they are showing signs already. City have their problems oin the pitch, i dont think they looks as strong as last year to be honest, players like adebayor and robinho are really affecting their whole team.

Spurs are our only real threat, thats why we need to do the business even if we get a draw. 4 pts is surmountble, 7pts and with our injuries will too much in my opinion.

I'm beginning to not even feel arsed about 4th this season. Because really, we're not going to be good enough to win it. Then even if we do qualify, Rafa won't get any of that CL money, it'll only go to the debt, which is only going to keep the Yanks in control of the club even longer.

Great if we make it, maybe great if we don't.