You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lionel Messi

WaltonRed

Must admit when people first started raving about him I was a bit reluctant to accept his brilliance because he is so one footed. One footed professional footballers are a real pet hate of mine. I dont understand how someone who pretty much trains and plays football every day of their lives cant kick a ball with both feet.

Messi is by far the best player in the world though. Awesome talent and still so young.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Sky Sports News - "Who's the greatest?, Rooney, Messi or Ronaldo?"

Fuck off.

Rooney is a very good footballer having a brilliant season.

Ronaldo is a superb footballer having a really good season.

Messi is the ultimate footballer having a normal season. For him anyway.

These comparisons between Rooney and Messi are ridiculous.

Guest PurpleNose

Messi could go beyond Maradona. He has the talent, and is unlikely to become a fat crack head anytime soon.

The three best footballers in the world all play for Barcelona.

WTF?

He's referring to Argentina's recent win over Germany. Personally I agree. Argentina are not going to win the WC. They were lucky to qualify and Maradona is a lunatic who doesn't know shit about managing a team and most important, does not know how to get the best out of Messi.

Brazil and Spain, as well as at least 2 or 3 other European teams will comfortably dispose of the Argies at the tournament.

He was magic last night, great game aswell. Barca could've scored about 8 or 9 goals. Was a bit gutted that xavi wasn't playing though because my fave thing about watching them isn't just messi, it's seeing iniesta, messi and xavi together. Absolutely amazing team, and I still don't think I'll ever see a team as good as what they are now. Toure is brilliant aswell, as are many others, and was chuffed to see bojan do the supersub thing, he'll possibly be another truly world class player, but he might need a few years yet.

Guest PurpleNose
I hope England play Argentina in the World Cup. I think some people will be eating their words here.

Not sure how one game between two teams is going to determine who is better out of Messi and Rooney.

Whoever said that Rooney was just a very good footballer is blowing total shite out of their arse.

If he was ours he would get creamed on by all of us just like Torres.

Spot on.

I don't see why we need to criticise Rooney to praise Messi.

I do believe Messi is the more enjoyable player to watch, he floats along the pitch as opposed to battering it down like Rooney does.

I would say Messi has reached his potential quicker than Rooney has. But lets not get away from the fact we have two different players, with different qualities.

The MAJOR difference one of them plays for a gang of horrible bastards.