You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------Reina--------------------------

--------------Carragher----Skrtel-----Kyrgiakos-----------

Degen-------------Lucas----------Mascherano-------Aurelio

--------------------------Aquilani-------------------------

------------------Kuyt--------------Ngog-----------------

or

----------------------------Reina-------------------------

Degen--------------Carragher------Skrtel-----------Aurelio

--------------------Mascherano----Aquilani----------------

Kuyt-----------------------Rodriguez-----------------Riera

----------------------------Ngog--------------------------

Defoe has a good scoring record but I don´t rate him as much. He is technically not good, has a Kuyt-like first touch. He just can get into good shooting position and sometimes hits target out of him. I think Skrtel could handle him.

He'll be too quick and mobile for Skrtel. The other worry is that they'll have Crouch to get on the end of the free kicks from all the fouls he'll give away.

The more i think about it the more i'm dreading this match.

Guest Pistonbroke

Thank fuck Lennon is still injured. But if we play our usual defensive game from the off it will still play into Spurs hands. They might have only drawn with Hull at the weekend but had something like 17 shots to 2. They won't do that again without scoring a couple and our defence isn't exactly solid.

Hope we take the game to them from the off and have the balls to play two forwards. If we don't i fear another long and nervous evening. My best mate is a Spurs fan and is coming round to watch it. Could get nasty.

Thank fuck Lennon is still injured. But if we play our usual defensive game from the off it will still play into Spurs hands. They might have only drawn with Hull at the weekend but had something like 17 shots to 2. They won't do that again without scoring a couple and our defence isn't exactly solid.

Hope we take the game to them from the off and have the balls to play two forwards. If we don't i fear another long and nervous evening. My best mate is a Spurs fan and is coming round to watch it. Could get nasty.

you're tellin me mate!

I'm taking my Mrs and she's a spurs fan!

He'll be too quick and mobile for Skrtel. The other worry is that they'll have Crouch to get on the end of the free kicks from all the fouls he'll give away.

The more i think about it the more i'm dreading this match.

But then we´re fucked. Who would you play against Defoe?? Because Skrtel is fastest and most mobile of our 4 CB´s. I think majority on this forum will agree with that.

Hopefully...

------------Reina

Darby---Skrtel---Carra---Aurelio

Degen--Masch---Lucus---Maxi

----------Pacheco

---------------Kuyt

More likely...

----------Reina

Degen---Carra---Skrtel---Insua

Kuyt----Lucus---Masch--Aurelio

-----------Aqui

--------------N'Goal

But then we´re fucked. Who would you play against Defoe?? Because Skrtel is fastest and most mobile of our 4 CB´s. I think majority on this forum will agree with that.

I'd say Agger was quicker the Skrtel. He's certainly less clumsy and liable to give away free kicks. Skrtel and Insua's form this season has been shocking and i wouldn't be confident of them playing against any decent side at the moment. That's not to say others have been good, those two have just been noticably worse.

If Agger plays there is also the possibility one of our defenders might play a pass along the ground. Carra is the worst culprit there. His distribution this season has been non-league standard.

I have been so nervous about this game. I am very jittery today. Its almost like the day before a cup final for me. Yesterday I was dreading this game. Thinking that spurs were gonna put a couple past us and we would be left embarrassed yet again. However I woke up this morning remembering a tag that someone put on yesterday saying “special anfield nights” This saying has been ringing around in my head now for hours and I have a really really positive feeling about this now.

SPECIAL ANFIELD NIGHTS!!!!!!!

I also thought that maybe we will finally have a good game and would smash them like 3-0....

Because we are playing so poor for months now that we finally have to put a great performance.

So 3-0.... Lucas will be finally on target, Dirk will score and there will be a penalty in our favour taken by......Aquaman maybe?? And Kyrgiakos/ Skrtel will be a mountain on the back with Defoe and Crouchie in their pockets and will make the CB´s positions their own .... :party:

And Maxi will have 2 assists....:lol:

Am I dreaming....??

I have been so nervous about this game. I am very jittery today. Its almost like the day before a cup final for me. Yesterday I was dreading this game. Thinking that spurs were gonna put a couple past us and we would be left embarrassed yet again. However I woke up this morning remembering a tag that someone put on yesterday saying “special anfield nights” This saying has been ringing around in my head now for hours and I have a really really positive feeling about this now.

SPECIAL ANFIELD NIGHTS!!!!!!!

It's not that special. It's a game between two teams who are competing for fourth place in the Premiership. Big fucking wow.

It's not that special. It's a game between two teams who are competing for fourth place in the Premiership. Big fucking wow.

Oh it's special for Rafa. I mean he approached this season thinking we'd finish top 6. If we get 4th, surely it's a fantastic season no?

Excuse me. Get with the programme. You're plainly not on board with our realigned expectations. 4th is the new 2nd - the new holy grail.

See me after work for reprogramming.

I'm getting in the car at 12ish - I'm driving to Liverpool with no shoes on. We're gonna win.