You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine 90 minutes of Defoe against Skrtel and The Greek. It'll be like a nightmare you cant wake up from.

Defoe has a good scoring record but I don´t rate him as much. He is technically not good, has a Kuyt-like first touch. He just can get into good shooting position and sometimes hits target out of him. I think Skrtel could handle him.

I think we need to go and attack, not sit back and hope to nick a goal and hold on (wow, its like i'm back in 2003). We're at home and need a result.

This would be my team.

------------Reina------------

Degen--Carra--Skrtel----Aurelio (please drop insua!)

Maxi----Masch-- Aquilani--Riera

-------Kuyt----Ngog-----

You're under estimating jermain defoe massively there imo.

He's a cracking little player and he has a far better first touch than any striker we'll be playing on Wednesday!

Not sure if his second touch is better than Kuyt's, I'll have to reserve judgement on that until I've seen Dirk's.

I'd jump at the chance to bring Defoe to Anfield. Quality player who scores goals wherever he goes and is a handful to any defence.

Couldn't agree more.

Dunno what else he has to do to prove himself to some people. he should be in the england squad for me, every time.

He's a better bet than Owen, and there seems to be an almost constant clamour to get him on the plane, regardless of his form.

I think we need to go and attack, not sit back and hope to nick a goal and hold on (wow, its like i'm back in 2003). We're at home and need a result.

This would be my team.

-------Kuyt----Ngog-----

me too.

that team picks itself if you ask me. So brace yourself for rafa to pick something completely different! haha

You're under estimating jermain defoe massively there imo.

He's a cracking little player and he has a far better first touch than any striker we'll be playing on Wednesday!

He was pretty useless last saturday, to be fair. His touch looked proper Kuyt.

This would be my team.

-------Kuyt----Ngog-----

I'd play Lucas over Aquilani if we are to carry a passenger like Riera and a newcomer like Maxi. Otherwise I agree.

He was pretty useless last saturday, to be fair. His touch looked proper Kuyt.

I'd play Lucas over Aquilani if we are to carry a passenger like Riera and a newcomer like Maxi. Otherwise I agree.

you're probably right there.

I wouldn't play Aquilani in this game actually.

This would be my team.

-------Kuyt----Ngog-----

Cant see Rafa paying two up front even at home, he will go for the draw, as we all expect nothing more.

Hopefully Maxi will add a new dimension however its early days and its a pretty big game, no time like the present though.

I do have one question, what the fuck does Dirk have on Rafa? He played him up top and he was shit so he turned him into an even shitter winger.

Now that we have a new winger hes up top again????? i know we lacking strikers but for someone on £60,000 + a week hes taking this piss out of us.

I do have one question, what the fuck does Dirk have on Rafa? He played him up top and he was shit so he turned him into an even shitter winger.

Now that we have a new winger hes up top again????? i know we lacking strikers but for someone on £60,000 + a week hes taking this piss out of us.

Rafa loves Kuyt's work ethic. That's all it boils down to really.

Rafa loves Kuyt's work ethic. That's all it boils down to really.

True dat. Also he provides the ultimate cover for Johnson.

He should of scored that header against Stoke, but then I saw his face. He was more gutted than I was. The man has Liverpool in his soul and heart.

Walk on Kuyt, walk on.

I watched them in their scoreless draw at home against Hull yesterday. They're pretty fucking bad. Granted, the Hull keeper made some very good saves, but Tottenham looked about as creative as us going forward. The only really applied some serious pressure when Crouch came on.

I spoke to a couple of Tottenham fans in the pub after the game, and they're dreading wednesday as much as we do.

with Gerrard and or Torres in from this should be 3 points - without them it's gonna be tricky

also given that Rafa has now gone uber defensive i guess we'll park the bus and see what they've got

however to win the match we'll need creative players like Aquilani and Maxi starting - not on the bench imo