You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why? Crouch is shit in the air. Unlike us, Spurs play to Crouch's strength, which is to his feet and not just lumping up long balls to his big lanky head.

If the hairy greek fella starts, we're fucked.

I know Skrtel is hardly on fine form, but he's a far better player than Kyrgriakos.

Skrtel is a better player no doubt. But Crouch is hardly completely shit in the air and the greek lads height will be a plus against him. Crouch might not score from headers, but he can defo get plenty of assists/knock downs and playing the greek to counteract this would be a good thing. Skrtel just doesn't have the height.

All this of course is hypothetical. Crouch might not even play.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Tom - you don't like the greek lad. I get it...

Hang on.

You said Martin Skrtel is a better player than him yourself!

But for some reason you had Skittles down some kind of midget, when he's actually pretty fucking massive!

Quite how me putting you right on Skrtel being six foot four means i "don't like" the hairy greek is just confusing.

I've got nothing against him personally. He's just rubbish!!

He's just rubbish!!

As I said - you don't like the Greek Lad. I hardly meant fucking personally for Christ's sake! How many Greek footballers do you know personally? This is just your usual pedantic bolloxology.

The greek is a better standing jump header of the ball than Skrtel. And that's a fact.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A win will cut the gap to just a point. An opportunity that the club can't afford to miss. If we can get fourth, rebuilding will be a much, much easier task.

if the greek starts, we're fucked. Just my opinion.

Defoe and Crouch will tear him apart.

It simply will not be an aerial bombardment. Spurs aren't Stoke. They actually play football, and that will completely undo the greeks only strength - nutting the ball out of the air.

if the greek starts, we're fucked. Just my opinion.

Defoe and Crouch will tear him apart.

It simply will not be an aerial bombardment. Spurs aren't Stoke. They actually play football, and that will completely undo the greeks only strength - nutting the ball out of the air.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that he's our main attacking threat at the moment. I suggest we play him up front with Kuyt in the centre of defence. Play to your strenths, Rafa!

You seem to be overlooking the fact that he's our main attacking threat at the moment. I suggest we play him up front with Kuyt in the centre of defence. Play to your strenths, Rafa!

haha.

he was responsible for our only not-on-target non-shot that somehow went it on saturday. I almost forgot that!

This is a must win game for us now, so I am hoping for an attacking line-up....

If we play another game with 9 defenders + a goalkeeper I'll go into deep a depression...

Hopefully something like this:

Reina

Degen

Carra

Skrtel

Aurelio

Aquilani

Mascherano

Maxi

Riera

Pacheco - Time to give the lad a chance/if it fails put Lucas on for him and play aquaman in this position.

Kuyt/N'gog/Babel - Could not decide as none of them are good enough....

I'd play

Reina

Degen

Carra

Skrtel or Agger if he's fit

Aurelio

Lucas

Mascherano

Riera

Maxi

Can't decide who up front. I don't like Kuyt by himself up there and would be tempted to start hima nd N'gog but only if both ply close to each other and not like Saturday with N'gog up by himself.

Or maybe Aquilani behind Kuyt.

So I'm the only one who's noticed Lucas is suspended?

Lucas is not suspended.

I'm not sure when the cut-off point was, but we're now at the point of the season where you need to have 10 bookings to get a suspension, not 5.

Absolutely bricking it : 3 points is needed so badly !!

Still no invention and no forward thinking we went forward in the last 5 minutes of the game and that was about it.

We are just so fucking defensive other than the lucas penalty I think he passed the ball foward three times it went back and back and then eventually it went foward and mr 24 cara gold brought the ball forward more than lucas did !!

Here's the team we need :

--------------Reina---------------

Carra--------Skrtel--------Kyrgi----Fabio

-----------Masch------Lucas--------

Maxi------------Aquilani----------Riera

------------------Kuyt-----------------

Insua makes far too many mistakes and lennon will run rings around him.

Any new of swap deal for a new striker !!!

Please rafa get us one like today would be nice... Mr jones is certainly one good option !!! Mr babel your p45 is in the post you lil twitter prick !! you dont deserve to wear the shirt m8

Come you reds lets have a go at these and not be so bloody defensive its the one thing spurs wont think of liverpool "actually" playing attacking football ..

Just one thing how about bring pacheco on what a great lil talent and seriously needs encouraging and get nemeth back too while your at it another talent loaned out when he could take ngogs place...

RJ

I think we will see Aurelio in midfield and Insua at FB. It's a bad spot to be in but with Yossi out and Riera still recovering what can you do? Babel? What's better, a liability at the back or a complete deadweight in midfield?

haha.

he was responsible for our only not-on-target non-shot that somehow went it on saturday. I almost forgot that!

Revealed: MOTM versus Stoke - Liverpool FC

He can't be that bad.

Then again him getting MOTM proves the rest of the team are crap, does that sound about right Tom?

Anyhow regardless of the greek lad playing or not, the players responsible for actually winning us games need to get the finger out on Wed night. So it's time for Kuyt/N'gog/Riera to show they deserve to wear the shirt. This is a huge game for us so we need to get on the offensive from the off.

winning a dozen headers and bundling in a spew from a keeper doesn't make you a good player.

I don't want to be harsh on him. I know he was our motm on saturday and i praised him myself for that, but he was only motm only because Stoke play to his only strength as a defender - winning scrappy headers.

Against any proper team who play football, and almost certainly against anyone with any pace at all, he'll get ass raped.

rafa knows this - that's why he played against Stoke. But he won't play on Wednesday.

Fully agree on teh rest of the players as well. I would't pay the fuckers at the moment if it was up to me.