You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: Expectations were too high

YNWA12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It saddens me to read about anyone having such low expectations for this club.

My absolute minimum expectation for this season was to qualify for the Champions League. If we can't do that then why are we employing a £5M a year manager?

Beyond that, I expected a title challenge off the back of last season, even with the manager being shafted in the market. I don't think we overperformed in the runout at all: I think we finally started performing.

The Mancs squad went further backwards than ours did this season and Chelsea's stayed the same. The fact is that we have regressed hugely as a team compared to those two.

That is the responsibility of the manager. No-one else.

My absolute minimum expectation for this season was to qualify for the Champions League. If we can't do that then why are we employing a £5M a year manager?

Beyond that, I expected a title challenge off the back of last season, even with the manager being shafted in the market. I don't think we overperformed in the runout at all: I think we finally started performing.

The Mancs squad went further backwards than ours did this season and Chelsea's stayed the same. The fact is that we have regressed hugely as a team compared to those two.

The manager is accountable. No-one else. The players have to take more than their share of the responsibility.

What a fucking cunt he really is showing himself to be. If you criticise him then you are obviously not a "proper fan"?! Jesus, this guy is a cunt. I haven't liked him and his bollocks for a while, with his pathetic attempts to win people over with his fake Shankley-esque thoughts and comments, but his progress and results spoke for themselves. Now they have crumbled there's fuck all left for me to appreciate in him. Proper fans? Fuck off you prick. A proper manager would look at his own short-comings rather than those supposedly of the club's fanbase.

No need for the abuse. I'm sure you were singing his name when he brought number 5 home.

Don't forget the players need to get the finger out big time too. They talk a good game but there's been fuck all fight from many of them this season. Too many winge bags in the side and it shows.

It is the responsibility of the manager to manage his playing personnel and to maximise their performance.

omar.jpg

True dat.

It is the responsibility of the manager to manage his playing personnel and to maximise their performance.

At what point does a player become responsible for his own efforts? I'd love to be able to go into work, do fuck all and then tell everyone, it's not my fault, it's the boss's.

Anyhow I was being pedantic. Accountability is not shared, the responsibility is.

At what point does a player become responsible for his own efforts?

The player is responsible to the manager for his performance. If he is not producing performances however, then it is the responsibility of the manager to resolve this. If he doesn't, then he is failing to manage the player. If he's failing to manage the whole team then that's pretty fucking damning.

The negativity in this is shocking... give up before we start is just not the right attitude !! I think this might be passing down to the 1st squad. Plan for failure....I have never heard something so pathetic.

WE are Liverpool FC not some lower league unit with chances of the lonely cup .. I didnt fully expect to win the title but challenging for it would at least be a start and still no world class forward kenwyne jones is certainly the best option for us to finish the season with "some" pride.

The Daily Mail think it's a done deal but really would sunderland let us have their brightest star I doubt it very much but with torres out he certainly would shine and take ngogs position for sure.

WE need a quality world class forward end of and we need more attacking prowess down the wings....

It's time to fight and not make excuses get on with the attack and if see one more back pass from lucas and I'm gonna get a contract out on him lol !!!

Attack is the best form of defense Rafa dont you get that !!! This pussy 11 man defense is now just an embarrassment !!

Our kids play better football than our current 1st squad !!

Amoo, Pacheco, knemeth, Spearing etc....would give us more LFC pride !

At what point does a player become responsible for his own efforts? I'd love to be able to go into work, do fuck all and then tell everyone, it's not my fault, it's the boss's.

Anyhow I was being pedantic. Accountability is not shared, the responsibility is.

You could do that Piscinin. However, your direct boss would fire you. Football players aren't commonly fired.

You seem to think that LFC has a multi-leveled management structure (they do), but fail to realise that responsibility is shared in the exact same way as accountability.

The only people who have a valid 'excuse' for Rafa are those blaming the owners. They are just moving it further up the corporate level. They suggest that Rafa hasn't had the tools to succeed, however, those claims are exaggerated.

What a fucking cunt he really is showing himself to be. If you criticise him then you are obviously not a "proper fan"?! Jesus, this guy is a cunt. I haven't liked him and his bollocks for a while, with his pathetic attempts to win people over with his fake Shankley-esque thoughts and comments, but his progress and results spoke for themselves. Now they have crumbled there's fuck all left for me to appreciate in him. Proper fans? Fuck off you prick. A proper manager would look at his own short-comings rather than those supposedly of the club's fanbase.

You really need to pick one genitals-based pejorative and stick to it.

So is he a "cunt" or a "prick"?

I would suggest using "prick", given you also claim not to like him "and his bollocks". This at least gives you some gender consistency.

You thick cunt.

The player is responsible to the manager for his performance. If he is not producing performances however, then it is the responsibility of the manager to resolve this. If he doesn't, then he is failing to manage the player. If he's failing to manage the whole team then that's pretty fucking damning.

So the player does have to take responsibility for his own performances. That's a start.

So the player does have to take responsibility for his own performances. That's a start.

Sure, but ultimately it is the managers job to motivate him to improve his perfomances, and if he can't, to bin him off.

If the whole team is underperforming and the manager can't address it, do you sack all the players or give another manager a try?

So, it's a hard-working, under-skilled, one-paced scavanger striker's fault that he's played as a deep right forward?

It's a left backs fault that he's deployed as a left forward?

It's the players fault that the manager brought players not good enough into the squad?

It's the defensive units' fault that they've been chopped and changed more times than fashion models hair?

It's our 'big signings' fault that he was purchased injured?

Fuck. You can't half push blame around, Piscinin.

Sure, but ultimately it is the managers job to motivate him to improve his perfomances, and if he can't, to bin him off.

If the whole team is underperforming and the manager can't address it, do you sack all the players or give another manager a try?

The WHOLE team aren't under performing though are they just a few key players. Which hints at a post I read a while ago about complex causes. The accountability is clear, the responsibility not so for me.

I beg to differ, I think there are far more players underperforming than performing. Arguably only Lucas and Pepe have consistently held their heads up and put the effort in all season.

Agree with that (although I'd probably add Johnson and Torres). The others have let us down but you can't sack, discipline or drop them all.

I beg to differ, I think there are far more players underperforming than performing. Arguably only Lucas and Pepe have consistently held their heads up and put the effort in all season.

Yeah true in that sense. But the key underperformers are the ones turning this from a funk to a full out crisis which in turn is dragging everyone else down with it.

Well he's got you down to a tee, your not a proper fan.

Well he's got you down to a tee, your not a proper fan.

Can't understand why people are getting upset about his proper fans comment. All he said was that proper fans know we're a massive club which has ups and downs. Who could disagree with that?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Hello darkness my old friend

So, it's a hard-working, under-skilled, one-paced scavanger striker's fault that he's played as a deep right forward?

It's a left backs fault that he's deployed as a left forward?

It's the players fault that the manager brought players not good enough into the squad?

It's the defensive units' fault that they've been chopped and changed more times than fashion models hair?

It's our 'big signings' fault that he was purchased injured?

Fuck. You can't half push blame around, Piscinin.

Ding Ding Ding. And Insua does not play himself every week, when we have the full back who was a key part to our defence in our title challenge, 12 months ago.

Can't understand why people are getting upset about his proper fans comment. All he said was that proper fans know we're a massive club which has ups and downs. Who could disagree with that?

Because everything Rafa says is being analysed for the slightest thread that can be pulled apart and criticised, and the sad part is that it is by Liverpool Fans!

It was great support on Saturday, for Rafa and the team.