You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twitter comments could spell trouble for Babel

lostinspace1970

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's apparently by far and away the worst trainer at the club, absolute piss poor attitude on the training ground. That may explain why he doesn't get anywhere near the team even when everyones injured. Still a strange one though, I would have thought 9million would have been snapped up at the first offer.

He's apparently by far and away the worst trainer at the club, absolute piss poor attitude on the training ground. That may explain why he doesn't get anywhere near the team even when everyones injured. Still a strange one though, I would have thought 9million would have been snapped up at the first offer.

Yea I'm still baffled by that one. Maybe it's cos Rafa wouldn't have been allowed to use the 9m that he didn't want to let him go, being down a squad player if he went.

He will no doubt end up in a poorer league than the Premiership, score loads of goals and then come out with 'look what I am capable of' statement which some people will use as a stick to beat the manager with.

Didn't UEM post an article/opinion a few months back saying he was going back for extra sessions after training?

I still can't imagine why the Birmingham City offer wasn't accepted. A few months ago, I would have laughed at the idea of someone paying over £5m for him.

I expect the truth is that Babel didn't want to talk to Birmingham so we put out the spin of a rejected offer in the hope of flushing out some other idiots who he might consider joining.

This is about the 3rd time in the last few months Babel has gone against the club and Manager, and yet we still turn down £9m for him.

I'm sure it was you that provided a reasonable explanation in that there was no way Babel was going to join Birmingham so Benitez rejected the bid to keep his price up or some shit....made good sense at the time.

Usless cunt Babel needs to be left in the reserves til the summer. The Rafa should make sure Dirk sends him a postcard from South Africa every day during the WC with the word TWAT on it!!!

If only.

Yeah I reckon Babel thinks he is a lot better than he is, his attitude is terrible and I am being polite.

The bad training does not surprise me, in fact it is what I would expect of him.

I used to believe he just needed a good boot up the arse but now firmly believe he just needs booted out of the club.

A waste of space.

"When you have problems everyone has a different reaction," said the Spaniard. "Everyone has a Twitter. It's impossible to stop people talking. It's not like in the past."

Why not make it a contractual obligation.

If they made it a contractual obligation for all teams I'd be straight on there setting up Wayne Rooney/Cesc Fabregas/Frank Lampard accounts. get all the fuckers fined every two weeks - see how fast they bang in a transfer request for being so pissed off.

Interested from Dom King in the Echo today

Liverpool FC close in on Kenwyne Jones loan deal

Jan 18 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL were today closing in on a deal to bring Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones to Anfield on loan until the end of the season.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has been determined to add a physical presence to his forward line and has been scouring the market for options.

With Fernando Torres facing six weeks out after undergoing successful knee surgery in Barcelona on Saturday, Benitez wants to move quickly and is hoping that a deal will be wrapped up within the next 24 hours.

Talks have been on going with Sunderland over the weekend and Liverpool are keeping their fingers crossed that there will be no late glitches to scupper the move for a player, who has scored six times for the Black Cats in the Premier League this season.

Benitez, typically, is keeping his cards close to his chest and all he would say today when asked about Liverpool’s pursuit of Jones is that the club “are working hard and looking for different options.”

It is understood, though, that Jones is Liverpool’s number one target and the odds are increasing that he will arrive on Merseyside in the near future.

Jones’ future has been the subject of much speculation during the transfer window and only last week, Sunderland boss Steve Bruce declared that any club wishing to sign the Trinidad & Tobago international could start the bidding “at £40m”.

The 25-year-old’s stock has grown considerably during his time on Wearside and he has scored 25 times in 85 appearances since joining Sunderland for £6m in 2007 from Southampton.

There had been talk over the weekend that Jones would move to Anfield with Ryan Babel going in the opposite direction but that is not the case.

Babel has been fined two weeks’ wages for revealing on the social networking website ‘Twitter’ that he had been axed from the squad that faced Stoke on Saturday and was involved in a heated row with Benitez at the club’s Melwood training ground yesterday.

Benitez, not surprisingly, was furious that Babel had gone public on a private matter 24 hours before an important game and hauled Babel into his office before the squad had a warm down to demand an explanation.

The Holland international was subsequently told to concentrate on playing well enough for the first team, rather than worrying about a move away, but he stormed home in a fit of pique.

He returned half an hour later after receiving a phone call from a club official but it will be a huge surprise if he does enough in the next two days to warrant a recall to the squad that will face a crucial test against Tottenham at Anfield on Wednesday night.

A move away from Anfield before the window shuts now looks inevitable and both Besiktas and Galatasary have been linked with Babel, as Liverpool look to cut their losses.

Torres, meanwhile, underwent a successful operation to trim the meniscus in his knee in Barcelona on Saturday.

He was operated on by Dr Ramon Cugat, who consulted him earlier in the season when the Spaniard was nursing a groin problem.

It doesnt get any sicker than that FFS Ngog is better than jones, even Kuyt is better than jones

From the little I have seen of jones, he seems to lose the ball less than N'Gog. I like N'Gog, but it is obvious we need another striker. I will be very disappointed if we don't get anyone in.

If we are going to spend upwards of ten million after selling Babel and we want a target man then why the fuck aren't we looking at Carlton Cole?

He's injured, but I agree with your point. Ten times the player of Jones.

However there was a lot of talk of Arsenal and the Mancs being quoted £20 mil for him, which is just stupid.