You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers?

aws

Sell He*sk*y for £5m to Boro and buy Smith for £3m?Looks like good business even though I can't stand Smith.But it's not as if he's Bowyer is it and we could always get rid if he played up.

I expect he'll join Bobby's Angels where he'll fit right in.

What about Viduka?.. Think he is way better than Smith

Don't he and Kewell hate each other?

On his day Viduka is a very good player but haven't we had enough of players who don't put in the effort every game .Anyway I don't think we could buy Viduka for the £3m. which Smith seems available for.

Alan Smith is exactly the sort of player we need at the club. More than happy to see the current No.8 make way for him.

...and I would add Nicola Butt-fuck if not for obvious reasons! Bit of Midfield competition for places (from half decent player, not Diao/Cheyrou Smicer etc..) wouldn't go amiss!

Viduka? Might as well keep Smicer eh?!?!

Aws - i

In the lastes 442 Kewell says he and Viduka havent spoken ona personal level for a while, something to do with coments made by Viduka in a newspaper which he's never retracted. But on a professional basis they have not let it get between them and Kewell says hed have no problem playin with him again.

Guest Original202

Viduka is everything Heskey should be.

Strong, good in the air, holds the ball up well, and has a good scoring record. He scored well over 20 goals for Leeds last season, and that was in a shit team. Perfect partner for a little and large partnership with Owen.

I'm not sure of his attitude, but if he was in a winning side I don't think we'd see any problems from him.

Certainly wouldn't complain if we signed him. At least we know he can do it at this level and would be a lot cheaper than Cisse...

We're all talkin gabuot who to sign and sell, but remember Houllier's words in last weeks press conference before they set off for spurs "noone is coming here, noone is leaving"[/quote

Yes,but if Dave is right and both GH and Parry want to sell EH but GH is holding on at the moment because he wants forward cover then just maybe?Stranger things have happened.

I think Smith is fucking shite. Just what we need to do, sell one forward who doesn't score goals and buy another one who doesn't score goals. All the effort and dirty play in the world doesn't disguise the fact that Smith is wank.:no

Guest Original202

But Smith has been played in Midfield for the last year or so....

Mind you, so has H**key. Though Smith's midfield role wasn't due to him being a lazy arsed fatty.

Heard Keith Lamb (boro's chief exec) on the radio this morn and he said that boro are trying their upmost to bring ****** to the riverside before the january window closes. He said that they have been rebuffed with a couple of offers but stated that the deal certainly wasn't dead!! If only Milan hadn't eaten all the pies!!! ****** would be a boro player now!!

Guest Bellflower
Stranger things have happened, but I don't think this will, mainly because H*skey won't go anywhere.

I'd take Smith for £3m though, definitely. He may be a horrible little fucker, but he's totally committed.

Second that. Rather hoped we could have got him at the same time as Kewell.

Smith has a worse goalscoring record than Heskey. He's played a lot of games in midfield but then so has Heskey. The next signings we make have to be guaranteed first team players. Baros, Owen and Cisse are better than Smith and Viduka. Why do we want to buy 3rd/4th choice strikers?

I cant beleive what people on here are saying...Viduka...maybe but Smith???

he's is an overated shit who would cause us problems with his discipline..

the twat cant keep his mouth shut or his temper under control...not only that but he is already a marked man with the refs...

why are we even talking about these two anyway..

lets just hope that H****y gets sold sooner rather than later.

Guest Bellflower
Smith has a worse goalscoring record than Heskey. He's played a lot of games in midfield but then so has Heskey. The next signings we make have to be guaranteed first team players. Baros, Owen and Cisse are better than Smith and Viduka. Why do we want to buy 3rd/4th choice strikers?

Don't think it's a case of 3rd or 4th CHOICE strikers, rather 3rd and 4th strikers. If MO stays he needs cover, and the others don't stay injury free either so for the money Smith is as good a buy as any. As for comparing him and Donkey in midfield, I haven't noticed Smith disappear when it gets tough. As for goalscoring the supply he's been getting at Leeds is worse than ours.