You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what is our best fit team??

Red Dawn

forgive me if this was discussed before. Newbie here.

who would we all like to see in a starting fit 11.

Me first :

GK - Kirkland

LB - Carragher

CB - Henchoz

CB - Hyppia

RB - Finnan

LM - Kewell

CM - Hamman

CM - Gerrard

RM - Murphy

ST - Owen

ST - Baros

surely a force to be reckoned with and all must be on their way back in the next few weeks????

Guest heropsychodreamer

Would also swap Murphy with Diouf. Because i think Murphy slows down the attacking play. Would also swap Henchoz with Biscan ( not kidding ) because i think he has played well, and the added pace is needed in an otherwise attacking line up!

I'd also go for that team with Diouf for Murphy.We've only seen what Diouf can do in patches and I think he will become more consistent.Most of our good performances this season have been where Diouf,Kewell and Owen have all been playing.

In games where we are likely to be facing an opposition looking to defend and nick something then there is a good case for resting Didi and playing Murphy or maybe Smicer.

Biscan wouldn't even make the "best reserve team 11" in my opinion. In defence or midfield! Total waste of space.

I'd find it hard to leave Murph out of the team, Truered: Smicer is the epitome of all that is bad about LFC right now. No fight in him. Dioiuff I like but how long do we go on waiting for him to perform. True, earlier in the season when we played like Gods for 45 mins against Arse/Chelski Diouff combining with Kewell and Owen looked spectacular.

Next question: What the fuck do we do when any of our first 11 gets injured?

Answer: Lose invariably!

The only player we've got who could really be effective on the right is Steven Gerrard, which would be ridiculous. However, with the players we've got, I'd have the side mentioned at the top with a midfield like this:

Hamann

Gerrard Kewell

Le Tallec

All things considered though, right midfield is a problem position for us.

Guest Original202

Whenever I see these posts people always seem intent on us having a rigid formation with each player having a set position. That's part of our problem at the minute I think. We don't have enough fluidity. Midfield players in particular should be always interchanging. The full backs should have more license as well.

I get fed up of Houllier always comparing us to United, but they are a good example to use. Whenever they attack they always have players forward, when we have a player in a position where he could cross the ball we only have two players in the box, the mancs would have four or five - including defenders.

If someone is out of position, then someone else should cover for them.

From the current crop of players I'd go along with a Flexi-4-4-2 (It's the future, you heard it here first!) Kirkland, Finnan, H&H, Carra, Diouf, Hamann, Gerrard, Kewell, Baros, Owen. Still not sure about Finnan. Decent player an all, but with Carra, Babbel and Otsemobor already here at the time it seemed a strange signing.

On paper it's a good starting eleven, going beyond that though, there isn't any real quality.

I honestly believe we could have the squads of Real Madrid, Arsenal, Man United and Milan and still play shite.

Amazing isn't it. Apart from some minor changes everybody went with the first post for our best eleven. Did anybody also notice that only 2 of that eleven have not had a long term injury this season? It's a mystery to me why we haven't done very well this season.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: