You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Northern Ireland Politics (The Robinsons)

Carradona

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did the misquoting have to do with you? Was it Hansard you worked for?

i had ultimate responsibility for any data (especially hansard) but i dont work for hansard, im not even a civil servant. (Alex was a legend a real gent miss him lots)

We had to take the keys of him a few times as he was blocked after a few late nights when we were setting it up at the start. he could tell a story or two.

• 3 months later...
You've had your day, Peter.

I'm from East Belfast and I'm delighted that he has been voted out.

I thought it was fucking hilarious watching it. He was expecting to win quite handy. Reg Empey got voted out aswell. Thats what you get for linking with the Tories you fucking knob.

Also, Robinson got what he deserved for a) having that bint as his wife and b) for saying that he would back the police commisioner if he were to bring the British army back in 'troubled areas'.

Yep, I certainly think it is no coincidence that both Empey and Robinsons lost their seats after both saying they would welcome the British Army back onto the streets in that TV debate the other night.

Never saw that debate, but that would have had nothing to do with the result anyway as most unionists would agree with the army being put back on the streets if things ever got out of hand again which they hopefully won't.

Always knew Empey was never going to win that seat no matter how confident he was and Robinson was only voted out because of his private life and his property dealings, DUP will get that seat next time round again but not with Robinson. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse they needed and hopefully both Unionist party's will unite.

As for Ian Paisley jnr, I dont blame him for the way hes acting after putting that gobshite Allister in in his place.

• 1 year later...

this was about her and Castlereagh Borough Council, not in her capacity as an MP at the time. She and the council were cleared of any wrong doing in the selection process, at least thats how i read it. She's still guilty of not declaring her interest as an MP. She resigned as an MP so they couldnt do much about that.

Can somebody explain to me exactly why Iris Robinson has been completely cleared of any wrong-doing?

Fucking bigoted slag.

The reason she got cleared of any wrong doing is because she is a fucking bigoted slag.

Agreed, no problem there. The fact we've now got a convicted killer as a government advisor would worry me alot more.

The fact that Catholics can breathe worries you!

You've had your day, Peter.

I'm from East Belfast and I'm delighted that he has been voted out.

Apparently not...

Fair play to Peter Robinson IMO. I'm from Northern Ireland and I don't hold any strong political views but he's proven to be a pretty strong and astute person and a great politician IMO.