You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

I have no idea what retweeting or any of that nonsense is.

It's basically quoting to say you agree/for your followers to read too. If you hover over any tweet you'll see the option come up.

Love this one too while I'm here : Lord Voldemort (Lord_Voldemort7) on Twitter

edit : and of course, Vader : Darth Vader (darthvader) on Twitter

Down to 3 accounts now from 5. Was chaos for a while back there. With some luck the worst part of the addiction is over with now.

Note : if you want several accounts on the same email and you use gmail, you just put a . in your name anywhere you want for each account. That's because gmail doesn't recognise dots, and it still goes to the same account.

So for example, twat@gmail.com owns all variations with dots in them. t.wat@gmail.com, tw.at@gmail.com, etc. So if you have a long username on gmail you can have quite a few twitter accounts all going back to the same one.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Don't know what's going on here but this is excellent :

Skimming through rapper 50 Cent's Twitter history, one can instantly determine the point at which handlers ceased managing the account of late, and the hiphop star took things over himself. About 9 days ago.

Today, either his account has been hijacked by a prankster, or he's having a particularly rough day. My money (all fifty cents of it) is on an account security problem. Either way, his 2,938,555 followers must be enjoying the wild ride this afternoon.

50 Cent is having a bad day (or his Twitter's been hijacked) - Boing Boing

To see check his account from 9:03 PM Aug 25th onwards : 50cent (50cent) on Twitter

Just posting some of the stuff of 50Cent's account, have been laughing at it for the last 10 hours or so. Still not sure if it's actually him or not :

I can't belive my grand mothers making me take Out the garbage I'm rich fuck this I'm going home I don't need this shit

Got dam it motherfuckers I'm having a bad dayThere's other people at the house she just likes to boss me around

They set me up man They wasn't suppose to show me how To use this shit I'm activated no one safe

This fucked up man I'm on gawker.comThey sayin I'm a bad grandson I love my grand mom to deathShe was just bossing me around

You know one day I might wanna run for president like wyclef I must stop using such profanity. Then again fuck that

Allhiphop.com fuckin wit me alright Motherfuckers calling me twitty cent Ima catch 1 of you motherfuckers Fuckin computer geeks

Twitpic just suspended my account damn They got 30mns to get it back or ima go haywire

Man shut the fuck up man Motherfucker talkin about I'm board You on this motherfucker toThis shit a drug I gotta go to rehab

Man when I figure out how to use the spell Check on this motherfucker you niggas in trouble

Guest ShoePiss

Last week I saw the space station fly by while out on the boat, I then downloaded an iphone app to show future satellite/space station fly bys.

Anyway during looking up stuff on the ISS I found that one of the astronauts onboard twitters, from space. Which is fucking cool.

Douglas H. Wheelock (Astro_Wheels) on Twitter

Here's a pic he posted today of Hurricane Earl in the Atlanic :-

154041814.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283199578&Signature=W%2FOS6V3HNdACOCT%2BtWuZ%2F%2FKHUXE%3D

Guest ShoePiss

Also does anyone know anything about Empire of the Kop?

I'd never heard of it until twitter but the lad has more followers than Ryan Babel, Paul Tomkins, Guillem Balague, TLW, RAWK, SOS put together.

Also has more followers than USA Vice President Joe Biden.

Just surprised that it appears that site is so well known but I've never heard it mentioned of seen anything of it until twitter.

twitter newbie question...

trying to subscribe to my own rss feed and when I type in user name and password I get...

"basic authentication is not supported"

Any ideas? Is this my browser or twitter?

I seem to able to click on rss for other twitteratti?

Cheers

A.

• 1 month later...
Guest TesticleOReilly
twitter newbie question...

trying to subscribe to my own rss feed and when I type in user name and password I get...

"basic authentication is not supported"

Any ideas? Is this my browser or twitter?

I seem to able to click on rss for other twitteratti?

Cheers

A.

You can't get rss feeds at the moment, they changed the way your username and password is used to authenticate your account from outside Twitter, so it's bollocksed for everyone.

Also does anyone know anything about Empire of the Kop?

I'd never heard of it until twitter but the lad has more followers than Ryan Babel, Paul Tomkins, Guillem Balague, TLW, RAWK, SOS put together.

Also has more followers than USA Vice President Joe Biden.

Just surprised that it appears that site is so well known but I've never heard it mentioned of seen anything of it until twitter.

no idea who it is but EOTK is a one stop shop for liverpool updates

Seems impossible to avoid if you want the latest news, so hamstrunglfc is now on twitter. Its a nightmare to read.

So, can someone explain it in a few simple steps for me.

For starters, what's all the @ and # stuff?

@puts in a reference to another person and # puts in a search tag.

So for example:

"@woolfc You're a total douche Woo #wooisadouche #yerma #lfc"

posts a tweet mentioning Woo, saying that he's a douche and adding those three search tags. Search tags can then be viewed as lists, so if you clicked on #lfc in someone's tweets, you'd see all of the tweets by everyone including people that you don't follow which were marked with #lfc.

Geddit?

@puts in a reference to another person and # puts in a search tag.

So for example:

"@woolfc You're a total douche Woo #wooisadouche #yerma #lfc"

posts a tweet mentioning Woo, saying that he's a douche and adding those three search tags. Search tags can then be viewed as lists, so if you clicked on #lfc in someone's tweets, you'd see all of the tweets by everyone including people that you don't follow which were marked with #lfc.

Geddit?

@dirty sanchez fink so yeah