You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

• 2 years later...
On 29/10/2016 at 21:23, Mook said:

Jenna Jameson just replied to me.

Saturday nights don't get much better than this one.

She did to me a while back too, we were arguing about Israel/Palestine though so not a whole load of fun!

They've recently redesigned twitter and I think it looks fucking awful, looks like a giant mobile phone screen now. Fine if you're on mobile anyway but on pc I think it sucks. Have been on there on and off since about 2012 and every single update on design I've been there for has made it look worse.

You used to have a huge area where the tweets would go and hardly anything else on the page, now the entire thing is shoved into a small space in the middle with the feed taking up only around a 3rd of the page, for the first time it's actually put me off using the thing. I can log in to tweet a few things but don't like staying on there. Better logged out at the moment where the old design is still currently working.

edit : actually the smaller tweet area is probably down to the fact that I wasn't using a 1080p monitor back in 2012. It's still hard to get used to though, making the header area only fit in the middle and taking other info to be shoved just underneath it makes the whole thing look more cramped.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

My old Mum is so technophobic that she asks me to go round to hers to change the channel on her ‘wireless’. We bought her a tablet a couple of years ago in an attempt to drag her into the modern age. She asked me to make her an account on Twitter so she could read people’s views. A few months later she proudly informed me that she’d taught herself how to retweet and like tweets. Not long after, I showed her how to send her own tweets, reply and quote tweets.

I rarely go on Twitter these days, but because the auld gerl refuses to use a smartphone, if I have to send her pictures I DM them to her on Twitter (she struggles with email still). Imagine my shock to see she has amassed almost 7,000 followers. I’ve been on Twitter for a decade, and I’ve got a handful of people and a cat following me yet my mother who can happily bang on for four straight hours about her bunions is taking over the internet. My head is fried!

• Upvote 10

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2019 at 11:02, Teasmaid said:

My old Mum is so technophobic that she asks me to go round to hers to change the channel on her ‘wireless’. We bought her a tablet a couple of years ago in an attempt to drag her into the modern age. She asked me to make her an account on Twitter so she could read people’s views. A few months later she proudly informed me that she’d taught herself how to retweet and like tweets. Not long after, I showed her how to send her own tweets, reply and quote tweets.

I rarely go on Twitter these days, but because the auld gerl refuses to use a smartphone, if I have to send her pictures I DM them to her on Twitter (she struggles with email still). Imagine my shock to see she has amassed almost 7,000 followers. I’ve been on Twitter for a decade, and I’ve got a handful of people and a cat following me yet my mother who can happily bang on for four straight hours about her bunions is taking over the internet. My head is fried!

What's her @?

On 02/12/2019 at 15:26, Spy Bee said:

What's her @?

As if I’d signpost the forum degenerates to my poor unsuspecting elderly mother. To be fair, I’d probably be more concerned about you lot, than her! If you’re a lefty on Twitter there’s a good chance you’re already following her. 

1 hour ago, Teasmaid said:

As if I’d signpost the forum degenerates to my poor unsuspecting elderly mother. To be fair, I’d probably be more concerned about you lot, than her! If you’re a lefty on Twitter there’s a good chance you’re already following her. 

What's my wanking hand got to do with following your mum?

Errr actually don't answer that.

• Upvote 3