You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

Facebook pisses all over it, it's boring as fuck.

Agreed that it's boring, but I prefer the simplicity of it, and just like reading quick messages instead of all the other shit.

Just went on there and to be honest it's not as bad as I've built it up in my head, but it's the requests and other stuff that bug me the most, as there's so many different ones, and my brother caught me in the chat so I had to speak to him too. That doesn't happen on twitter... Chat stats, requests, some fucking live feed thing on the top now...oh and you can't check boxes when there's multiple friend requests anymore, you have to wait for each individual one to load? Well that's that over with for another month I guess.

Fuck it, am going to check twitter out too, with its TWO SIMPLE COLUMNS AND NONE OF THE OTHER SHIT.

Oh and if twitter's so boring, you should find interesting people to follow? For those into fiction and comics here's two :

William Gibson (GreatDismal) on Twitter

Warren Ellis (warrenellis) on Twitter

Why don't you just delete Facebook then?

Facebook moaners are so irritating. If you guys don't like it, and feel the need to moan about applications and quizzes, why not just fuck the whole thing off altogether?

Or even block all application invites?

I keep it incase I ever feel like using it in future, but you're right about me moaning, I'll just stop going on about it. That last post was probably a bit over the top too, am trying to cut down smoking and losing the plot a bit at the moment. (and usually when trying to cut down I'll pick out things that bug me and go on about them.) Ah and I'll find that application invites thing and get that sorted too if I remember, forgot about that.

edit : twitter's still better though.

That post wasn't just directed at you, by the way.

Ah ok, I at least got to go a bit emo about it though.

And fuck, Hammy are you going to do me over about smoking now that I've fucked the drink habit off? You're a bad one.

edit : and I caught your wrong spelling of Phoenix before the edit too.

Guest ShoePiss

As I've said I use it for up to the minute news on various things. It makes me laugh that people say it's boring as fuck. That just means the things you are following hold no interest for you...unless you think 'news' is boring as fuck, if so don't bother with it.

I've seen the same attitude towards facebook, people don't just say I don't use it or I tried it and didn't see any point to it. They have this strong dislike towards it and want to tell everyone it's fucking crap and they're idiots for using it. It's very strange.

I'm finding that with Twitter that people I previously found interesting to be relatively dull, with the exception of Miss Olson. Probably because they synthesize their best stuff for what I'd see in whatever it is that makes them famous. To be honest I don't 'follow' that many people.

As for the finding news boring statement, I tend to use an actual news site like bbc for that kind of thing as I can pick and choose what I find interesting instead of what others do.

My Dad always raves about twitter because of how quick and how widespread it can be. I don't find it that useful myself. The reason I prefer facebook is I actually know the people who provide updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...