old skool tom

Your fave type of crisp butty?

I used to put salt and vinegar crisps on my salmon paste sandwiches, the only ones Ive ever tried and the only ones I'm ever likely to love.

Chicken crisps wedged en masse into the sandwiches Mrs J prepares for my pack up, make them almost edible.

I do genuinely have to pick the mould off the bread though sometimes.

Guest Pistonbroke

I fucking love crisp butties. This all started off back in 1979 when i was on my first job. In the beginning it was just two slices of bread and butter with a huge amount of cheese n onion crisps slapped in the middle. But when you get older you tend to refine things.

So now it is two slices of buttered home meal bread, cheese, ham, red onions, mayo and a shit load of cheese n onion crisps. Heaven.

Chicken crisps wedged en masse into the sandwiches Mrs J prepares for my pack up, make them almost edible.

I do genuinely have to pick the mould off the bread though sometimes.

There must be something in the Wirralian air. Chicken for me too, mate.

Ketchup don't make a great butty on their own, but do tend to bring out the flavour of other sandwiches.

I am partial to an egg salad (just eggs and mayo/salad cream, no green bits you heathens!) on white bread with salt & vinegar crisps piled on.

Cheese & onion, chicken or beef. Crisp butties, you can't beat em. As Leeson calls them, 'Wirral food'.

chip sambos beat them into second place my dear!

as for me

cheese and onion all the way, them Walkers Max are a grand bosh

tayto cheese and onion arent bad either, but ive found lately i get heart burn from tayto, so im a walkers convert

i do like a simple ham and cheese sambo with some crisps as well, cheese and onion of course, or them lovely tangy prawn cocktail walkers

There must be something in the Wirralian air. Chicken for me too, mate.

Me too, A Birkenhead Tea I think the technical term for a Roast Chiken Crisp Butty.

Crisp butties?

Is there a war on. I take the fucking piss out of my mum who useed to eat fucking lard butties. Lard fucking butties. Thats justa fucking disgrace.

Crisp butties are just as worse imo. Put some fucking ham/beef/pork/chicken/turkey/tuna/salmon/cheese in there you tight bastards and have a proper sandwich

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
560204.gif

These. You would be hard pushed to find these outside of ireland. The nicest crisps going.

They actually sell decent crisps outside of Ireland you know. So much so that I've never heard of those you say are superior.